The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone using TC Impact twin? Compare to Echo? Audio Interfaces
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Addict

Anyone using TC Impact twin? Compare to Echo?

I'm looking for my next interface (with Midi). I'm running OSX on a i7 mac. One thing the Impact twin has is a hardware volume control. I know there's many raves about the Audiofire 4. Not many reviews on Impact twin. Looks like a winner on paper. Opinions? Suggestions between Echo and TC?
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Nut

I had the K24D when it came out. I spent a year waitng for the driver issues to clear up, it got to a point I got feed up and sold it. I do have other TC gear so nothing against TC, but in this case it was a pain and waste of money for me. I now own a AF8 ADAT and very happy with it, performance wise and sound wise.

I think the Impact sports a different pre design, so I can only speak on the K24D. At first (when it didn´t randomly dropout) it sounded fantastic to me, after a while I got used to it, it just sounded a bit hi-fi, plastic I would say but with a good stereo image. To my ears, the Echo sounds much better and it´s reliable. I find the Echo pre more natural sounding without beeing steril, the K24D pre had some hype to it which I feelt was not so natural sounding to my ears.

TC uses (I think they desinged it) the Dice II technology for jitter and I/O´s which they share with Alesis and Presonus. I just don´t trust this techonology and see many Alesis and Presonus frustrated costumers.

Care,

Mike
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Addict

Thanks for info. There is not a lot of info on the TC unit. I do think, however, either one will be an improvement over my old Firebox.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search