The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2nd converter to go into Prism Orpheus Digital Converters
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Addict

2nd converter to go into Prism Orpheus

Just need a second converter (no preamps) for cheap to do scratch track and hook it in spdif into the Orpheus. We probably will just dump the tracks. We are routing our DDA board's preamps into this. I really don't want something that goes into a computer because of driver issues that seem to come up.

Any suggestions? I know the Behringer ADA8000 is a cheap option and I have heard the conversion is decent (preamps suck). Any other viable options?
Old 22nd December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkaiser View Post
Just need a second converter (no preamps) for cheap to do scratch track and hook it in spdif into the Orpheus. We probably will just dump the tracks. We are routing our DDA board's preamps into this. I really don't want something that goes into a computer because of driver issues that seem to come up.

Any suggestions? I know the Behringer ADA8000 is a cheap option and I have heard the conversion is decent (preamps suck). Any other viable options?
SM Pro Audio just came up with one. No preamps, just 8 1/4" jacks. However they are not balanced, which is the problem with the ADA8000 (not balance on the 1/4" inputs).

SM Pro Audio Q-ADAT and the ADA8000 are about the same price new, if I'm not mistaken.

Here is the cheapest price I've seen for a new ADA8000.

Behringer ULTRAGAIN PRO 8 DIGITAL ADA8000*::*Firewire Audio Interfaces*::*Audio Interfaces & Sound Cards*::*Computer Audio*::*Recording*::*DJ Equipment, Pro Audio, Recording, DJ Gear, A/V and Lighting Discount Distributor - Audiolines.com

Peace,
min
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Addict

Is it the SM Pro Audio AB8?
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Addict

The real problem is making sure it DOES NOT go into the computer. The Orpheus is obviously the main sound card and you can't have two sound cards running at once.

Any more suggestions?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search