The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio Interface for around 300$ ? What do you suggest ? Audio Interfaces
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Head

Audio Interface for around 300$ ? What do you suggest ?

I'm looking to buy an audio interface for around 300$

I have an HP 8gig Ram, Windows Vista 64-bit

I'm only going to be recording vocals so i don't need 20 ins/outs. What do you guys recommend ?

USB? Firewire? .......In other words, If YOU were going to buy an audio interface for Windows Vista 64-Bit and had 300$ What would you buy?

P.S I have a Studio Projects C1 and VTB1 preamp......so i wanna make sure that i can use the VTB1 Pre if i ever want to. ( Use it as just a Soundcard )

Thanks for any replies guys.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Head

Presonus firestudio mobile. I have one and I'm very satisfied!
Old 20th December 2010
RTR
Lives for gear

M-audio 610..yes I am selling mine to get more inputs but if you do a search it is one of the best in this price range, the pre's are very good but the AD/DA is what makes it shine, it has won shootouts with rme gear!
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTR View Post
M-audio 610..yes I am selling mine to get more inputs but if you do a search it is one of the best in this price range, the pre's are very good but the AD/DA is what makes it shine, it has won shootouts with rme gear!
i agree
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Addict
Presonus Firestudio Mobile without a doubt...own it-love it-love included Studio One Artist...have owned many before it including MBox, Emu, and without a doubt this package has the features, build quality, sound quality and reliability that blow them away in this price range.

I felt and still feel like I was ripped off by the other products mentioned above and still have a bad taste in my mouth. If you were just recording guitar I'd still recommend the FS Mobile but for less money I think the Line 6 stuff is very good for the money-good DA, simple and some nice software included for guitarists.
Old 21st December 2010
Lives for gear

M-Audio ProFire 610 if you need an all-in-one solution where you plug your mics an dheadphones in. The preamps are excellent for sub $1000 stuff and the conversion is matching it well. Even the software mixer is decent. There's just 2 built-in preamps but there's 2 additional line ins you can hook up other preamps to (I suggest the ART MPA Gold with a tube swap).

If you just need the best conversion for the money, I recommend the ECHO AudioFire. They come in various sizes differing in channel count.
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Addict

m audio profire 610 its about $349 new
Old 21st December 2010
Gear Maniac

It doesn't matter. Pick one of the many suggestions you'll get in here.

Also...use the search feature. Here's an example of what came up:

Gearslutz.com - Search Results

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search