The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help getting the right sound Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 20th December 2010
Here for the gear

Help getting the right sound

Hi. ive been playing guitar long enough and my influences are Chevelle, Trust Company, Three Days Grace, NIrvana, Deftones and mostly nu metal, hard rock. Ive been playing through my Line 6 Spyder II combo but i got tired of the effects in it and i was thinking of buying pedal effects so if any one could guide me what to choose from the large variety of pedals out there so i can get perhaps not the same but really close to the sound of the bands i mentioned before itd be really appreciated it. My first choice would be a MXR Custom Shop GT-OD and the DIgitech Hardwire DL-8 Stereo Delay.
Old 20th December 2010
Gear Nut

This is my honest advice coming from a fellow guitar player. Before you get into playing around with pedals and effects.... Look into getting a tube amp. This will take your tone from amateur to professional.... I know you don't want to hear it but believe me. As far as pedals go
----====deathbyaudio====----FuzzHugger.com Effects Shop - FuzzHugger(fx) - Devi Ever - Mellowtone - Dwarfcraft - Seppuku fx - Smallsound/Bigsound - Fuzz Boutique Pedals
Old 20th December 2010
Lives for gear

I also have a line6 spider 2 amp. I strongly dislike the distortion tone...The clean tone isn't bad. Definitely get a tube amp.
Old 20th December 2010

Quote:
This is my honest advice coming from a fellow guitar player. Before you get into playing around with pedals and effects.... Look into getting a tube amp. This will take your tone from amateur to professional....
I've been playing for 14 years and I can tell you first hand tone is in the fingers doesn't matter the amp the pedals the tube line buffer the power soak the great mic and compressor going into great converters if you can't get the tone from the guitar. to test this goto a local guitar shop and just listen for a few hours ive heard insane tone comming from a seasoned player and a fender solid state practice amp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qSf0mYO3R4

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search