The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Step up from Mackie 820i?
Old 19th December 2010
Lives for gear

Step up from Mackie 820i?

I am toying with the idea of upgrading my little mixer for something that is one step up in terms of overall quality. I won't be using the mic pre's so those I don't care about... I have a channel strip for that. What I'll be doing is basically routing phone calls through it to record phone interviews, and then running the output to a separate line in on my soundcard to be as flexible as possible. I want to be able to hook up my monitors etc. and I also want it to have the basic functionality that most small mixers have. Firewire etc. is not needed as I already have a soundcard that is really good. Basically we're talking a small radio mixer with 6 or maybe 8 inputs.

Would I benefit in any way from an upgrade or am I just hungry for some money wasting? If so, what would be the next level after the Mackie (price-wise?) Any suggestions on particular models etc?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search