The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Blue sky media desk vs anything < £300 Studio Monitors
Old 18th December 2010
Here for the gear

Blue sky media desk vs anything < £300

I've just got the chance to buy a blue sky media desk for £230, its in alright condition just a few scratches and whatnot.

Considering it usually costs £500 im assuming nothing in the sub £300 range can compete with it, but just incase im going to ask you guys if there is anything you would rather have for accurate monitoring than blue sky for this budget

Cheers,
matt
Old 18th December 2010
Lives for gear

I've had a Mediadesk for a couple of years, and remain a fan. It's very neutral... to the point of sounding bland when compared to other monitor systems. The proof has been in the pudding for me, though, and I've found it quite easy to get my mixes to translate.

And, for references sake, I also have KRK RP5 G2's, Old Tannoy Reveal 6's, Tannoy Comets, Horrortones, and some "New Large Advents" that I use for comparisons. But, I almost always use the Blue Sky's as the main mixing monitors. Old Reveals are a close second (but sound VERY different). I find myself listening to the KRK's for pleasure, but not for mixing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search