The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need some input Digital Converters
Old 16th December 2010
Here for the gear

Need some input

I'm looking to get an 8ch preamp out for my 002r, but I really don't have much money to work with at all ($500 MAX). I have an ADA8000, but the pres are awful. Instead of buying another adat preamp, would it make more sense to get a pre with no adat and just run it into the behringer bypassing the pres? Or should I just say screw it and grab a digimax or something similar? If I stick with the behringer I could live with getting fewer pres if they were better quality. I could really use some opinions. Thanks.
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Addict

Not sure how much Digimax costs in the USA, but I have cross-graded from Focusrite Platinium Octopre to Presonus Digimax and I'm very happy with that choice. I do have higher-end preamps, like Great River and LA-610, but the Digimax is very useful for recording the whole band at once, and it doesn't stand out that much. It offers tremendous flexibility that no other 8-channel preamp with ADAT has in this price range: inserts on every channel (allowing you to hardware compress while tracking, for instance) and direct access to A/D, bypassing the preamps.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search