The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rode nt1A upgrade Condenser Microphones
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Head

Rode nt1A upgrade

Got max 400 to upgrade! What mic or mic pre do you recommend?

I mainly record vocals and guitar for pop/RndB
Looked at SE 3500. Is this Anygood?

Thanks
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Head

Rode nt1A upgrade

Blue baby bottle
EV re20
SM7b
Nt-2
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Maniac

What about getting a Michael Joly mod for your NT1A? Pretty good bang for your buck from what I've heard. Plenty of talk on GS about it too.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

"Bang for your buck" would be this guy, who will clear up the fizzy high end of a Rode NT1a for $60.

Minute-Nine Studios - Microphone Mods

That would leave the OP with money left over to buy a second mic of a more neutral flavor, like maybe a MXL V67g or 2003a, or that Stellar CM6 tube LDC Kidvybes keeps talking about.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-p...icrophone.html

One single mic is never going to be the right choice for every source. That's why you don't sell your one-and-only mic to buy a different one-and-only mic, you collect several different mics for different sources.

OP: Go read my post in the "how do you keep from buying the same mic?" thread. Before you start handing money off to GC, you need to understand what it is you're purchasing.
Old 16th December 2010
Gear Maniac

wow, that's cheap! Parts and labour for 60 bucks seems too good to be true. I guess at that price you've really got nothing to lose!
Old 16th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle duncan View Post
"Bang for your buck" would be this guy, who will clear up the fizzy high end of a Rode NT1a for $60.

Minute-Nine Studios - Microphone Mods

That would leave the OP with money left over to buy a second mic of a more neutral flavor, like maybe a MXL V67g or 2003a, or that Stellar CM6 tube LDC Kidvybes keeps talking about.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-p...icrophone.html

One single mic is never going to be the right choice for every source. That's why you don't sell your one-and-only mic to buy a different one-and-only mic, you collect several different mics for different sources.

OP: Go read my post in the "how do you keep from buying the same mic?" thread. Before you start handing money off to GC, you need to understand what it is you're purchasing.
Anyone know where to mod your mic in sweden/europe?

/Jon

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search