The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer LOVE thread... Studio Monitors
Old 11th October 2010
Behringer LOVE thread...

I know, I know, I know... people love to hate Behringer... and then it happens, you try one piece of cheap gear as a "throwaway test" and think... well... this actually doesn't suck? then spend more time with it, and well, it's pretty good. a little more time, and well, it works as advertised, what else could you want?

recently I'm tickled with the BCF2000... just thrilled, $179 USD. I also have a ADA8000 for adding effects/sends returns... again, works as advertised, $199 USD... seriously... what's not to like? These are seriously, two great products.

I don't know what I'd outfit a whole studio with only Berhinger products, but I gotta say so far, I can't complain about the two above and their applications.

share the love if ya got it.
Old 11th October 2010
Gear Addict

I have a Behringer ADA8000 & a few HA4600-4700 headphone amps. No complaints.

I did a session this weekend on bass using a Behringer V-tone BDI21 bass DI box into a GT Brick preamp. I own a Tech21 Bass Driver DI & a Countryman DI but didn't bring them to the session. The Behringer box worked great and sounded better than I remembered it to. For around $35-40 online, it is amazing.
Old 11th October 2010
Lives for gear
Yes, the BCF's are unbeatable for the price. Another excellent deal is the UMX line of keyboard controllers (UMX250, UMX490 and UMX610, respectively with 25, 49 and 61 keys.) These no-frill controllers are very light but sturdy and well-built. The keyboard response is quite good and not mushy like many others in this price range. For the price ($100 to $200), they're fantastic bargains.

Old 11th October 2010
Gear Maniac

I have a love hate relationship with behringer

their stuff is made the greatest,

but they make some ok stuff for the price

I had a little 8 channel mixer that i used for the lulz and it worked quite well
Old 11th October 2010
Lives for gear

I has the bcf 2000 its a very handy thing, make's you be able to work fast but the only sad thing is........when the faders move, they are noisy and most off the time that i expect em to move they still succeed to scare ths **** out of me.On the otherside very usefull toy and if you know something about all this hardware you might be able to fix something to keep them faders quiet.
Old 11th October 2010
Lives for gear

ADA8000 has been with me for three years. I have used it alot. I have treated it badly (dropped it, stored in my cable bag etc) and it still works great!
Truth 3030a's has been really great. My favorite monitors are these and NS10's.
Bass V-amp Pro is on it's way to me. Can't wait. And I bet it will be great.
Old 11th October 2010
Lives for gear

The small UCA-interfaces are one of the fastest interfaces I've tested. BUT - you'll need to find the OLD driver, they used to supply with their guitars! heh

The sound isn't one of the best - but when it comes to guitar jamming with a plugin or VSTi-playing - this is just a bargain (IF you can get the old driver of course...)
Old 11th October 2010
Gear Maniac

The little cable tester box is great, sturdy and reliable!!
Old 11th October 2010
Lives for gear

I have a pair of B2031A's and I love them. The build quality on these things is fantastic and they sound great.

They sound better than my mates KRK Rokit 6's!
Old 11th October 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remeniz View Post
I have a pair of B2031A's and I love them. The build quality on these things is fantastic and they sound great.

They sound better than my mates KRK Rokit 6's!

I'd also have to agree with this, I forgot they were even behringer, but mine sound great also. Not like my Adams, but pretty good.
Old 11th October 2010
Lives for gear

Behringer LOVE thread...

I love my deq2495 and px3000's.
Old 11th October 2010
Here for the gear

i have b2031a truths and b2092a sub,and i cant really knock them,they have run 8 hours a day for over 4 years
Old 11th October 2010
Gear Maniac

Verb

Picked up a V Verb 2 days ago, Amazed by this Verb Also have the 2 of original Exciters and a compressor that I Love
Old 11th October 2010
Gear Maniac

I must admit. You guys have some big balls to build a behringer love thread over here. heh

Peace!
Old 11th October 2010
RiF
Lives for gear

Does my lovely Bugera 6260 count as Behringer? For EUR 277 it has been one of the best purchases I made.
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

I use an ADA8000 for headphone mixes. I mean, the 8 I/O that I use for my outboard is nice, BLA-modded MOTU ADA, because that's audio that matters. But if I'm giving a singer some foldback, I really don't need to buy myself 8 channels of Apogee.
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

It's great product for the money, I wouldn't say any of the stuff I owned sounded bad, it just didn't sound great.
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

I run 2 ADA8000s here with the preamps bypassed. - Happy
I also run 4 bcf2000s and 3 bcr2000s here - very happy
And I run six UB802 mixers in the tracking room as u-mix-em headphone cue mixers. - Very very happy with this setup.
Old 12th October 2010
Gear Head

I have a Tube Ultra-Q. Where else are you going to get a four band, 2 channel parametric tube EQ with all the bells and whistles (it even comes with a full length printed manual) for under $200. Actually I paid under $100 for mine. That's all for nought if it doesn't sound good, but it does sound good.

I think that the entire Behringer Tube Ultra series (no longer in production) represents great value for the money. I've already seen used Tube Ultra-Q's selling for close to $200 and that's more than they sold for new. I think that they are on their way to becoming sought after.
Old 12th October 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
I run 2 ADA8000s here with the preamps bypassed. - Happy
I also run 4 bcf2000s and 3 bcr2000s here - very happy
And I run six UB802 mixers in the tracking room as u-mix-em headphone cue mixers. - Very very happy with this setup.
my understanding is that the preamps on the ada8000's can't be bypassed... they actually run through the pre with a pad on the front end - yikes - but what do you want for $200 bucks...
Old 12th October 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
Does my lovely Bugera 6260 count as Behringer? For EUR 277 it has been one of the best purchases I made.
it counts! cute 6260 is like 5150...
Old 12th October 2010
Gear Guru

from what I remember Behringer made their name on the Behringer Composer. it was a class act in the day. you would think they would be even batter now. Those small Behringer Tube DI boxes are pretty good too and the new monitors with the leaf tweeters look promising.
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

ADA8000 for Aux sends, 3 V-verbs, and 2 ECM8000 mics. They all work well, no issues and do a great job.
Old 12th October 2010
Here for the gear

Own the eurorack 24 channel mixer (2642A). Once had a water leak in the studio, came in, noticed the thing was completely covered in water. Turned it on for some reason I don't recall and noticed all the lights went on repeatedly, LED's flashing, etc. Didn't really look good.

Decided to take the whole thing apart, put it in the sun to dry, put it back together again and.. worked! heh EVen continued to use it for a year after that though the noise that the preamps generate is what eventually made me get rid of it.
Old 12th October 2010
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
from what I remember Behringer made their name on the Behringer Composer. it was a class act in the day. you would think they would be even batter now. Those small Behringer Tube DI boxes are pretty good too and the new monitors with the leaf tweeters look promising.
Any love for those Composers? I am switching from ITB to OTB and need like 20 or so compressors... ;-) Would be nice, if I hadn't to buy 20 Distressors...
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

I like the Composer, Intelligate, ADA-8000 and the old de-esser.

WT
Old 12th October 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roodillon View Post
I have a Tube Ultra-Q. Where else are you going to get a four band, 2 channel parametric tube EQ with all the bells and whistles (it even comes with a full length printed manual) for under $200. Actually I paid under $100 for mine. That's all for nought if it doesn't sound good, but it does sound good.

I think that the entire Behringer Tube Ultra series (no longer in production) represents great value for the money. I've already seen used Tube Ultra-Q's selling for close to $200 and that's more than they sold for new. I think that they are on their way to becoming sought after.
Oddly, anything Behringer sell that ends up being really good usually gets discontinued prematurely.

I bought one of them broken for about $80 and did some pretty major mods to it. It doesn't do even close to what you tell it to anymore, so I took all the markings off the front panel. You just have to turn the knobs and experiment, you can get some mega cool sounds.
Old 12th October 2010
I've got:
2x ADA8000
HA4700
DI800
PX3000
& a Bass V-Amp i gave to my nieces.
Bought em in the early 00's & no problems with any of them.
Old 12th October 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
Any love for those Composers? I am switching from ITB to OTB and need like 20 or so compressors... ;-) Would be nice, if I hadn't to buy 20 Distressors...

I haven't tried one in a long time but Waveterm is giving them a thumbs up.

given they are stereo you would only need 10.
TC do some interesting looking cheap compressors too.
Also the Alesis has some useful characteristics.
Behringer also made a Tube composer.

I also remember the zoom 9010 which had four I/Os.
I think they were balanced. These were Multi FX designed with a few algorithms, one of which was 4 in 4 out. anyhow, they had really good short reverb algorithms. you could have 4 at once and they reminded me of Klark Teknik reverbs. Also the Limiters in them were utterly transparent. you could set to maximum db and the signal would just not exceed that. but it was as if the gain overall was just quieter but as I say, whatever was going on the signal wouldn't pass that level. I could never work out what was going on with those limiters but you couldn't hear any difference between the original signal and the limited one except the limited one was quieter. I don't think it was just a simple overall gain reduction either.

anyhow, the only thing I can't remember about those zoom 9010s was the acceptability of any noise. but the reverbs were still really handy non-the-less.
Old 13th October 2010
Thumbs up

I have a bunch of Behringer gear that works flawlessly.

ADA8000 x2
PX3000
MINI AMP 800
MDX2200
REV2496
DI20
CT100

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search