The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TC Impact Twin or Konnekt 24D
Old 10th July 2010
Lives for gear

TC Impact Twin or Konnekt 24D

Hi all,
Thruought my career i mostly owned MOTU interfaces which i am very dissapointed with
and finally i sold my 896HD MK2. Now i am in need of a new interface. I also built a brand
new PC System too which is an Intel i7 860 with Asus P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156, 4GB of
G.Skill DDR3 12800 RAM and an ASUS ENGT240 Silent/DI/1GD3 Gfx and thats where i will
be using the new Audio interface, running Windows 7 64x Pro. Main software will be Cubase
4.5/5 and also a lot of work with Kontakt as a Standalone. Originally i wanted to buy the RME
FireFace UC but a lot of features i wont be using, then i came down to Steinberg MR816X
and even that has a lot. What i basically need is 4 Analog INs and 2/3 Analog Outs and
1 SPDIF. I rely heavily on VSTis so no need for a lot of Analog I/Os. Then i read about the
TC units which in my opinion will be perfect for me...but i still dont understand somethings,
which one is better and why is it better, based on what? There is no comparison list.

1. Having 4 Ins on the back and 2 on the front, is it 6 in total or 2 Front works with 1/2 back?
2. How reliable can one of this units be and can actually do some SemiPro work and mixing?
3. Any inputs from experience on Latency, Stability and reliability?
4. Buying one of these units, does it mean i can simoultaneously have 2 synths Stereo
connected to the unit?
5. How would one compare this to Steinberg MR816X? Not phisically, i know one is bigger
and more I/Os then the other but quality wise, Latency, Preamps and Stability?

Thank you very much ALL! I would apreciate any input and hope to return favors soon.

Thanks!
Old 1st September 2010
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasariStudios View Post
Hi all,
Thruought my career i mostly owned MOTU interfaces which i am very dissapointed with
and finally i sold my 896HD MK2. Now i am in need of a new interface. I also built a brand
new PC System too which is an Intel i7 860 with Asus P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156, 4GB of
G.Skill DDR3 12800 RAM and an ASUS ENGT240 Silent/DI/1GD3 Gfx and thats where i will
be using the new Audio interface, running Windows 7 64x Pro. Main software will be Cubase
4.5/5 and also a lot of work with Kontakt as a Standalone. Originally i wanted to buy the RME
FireFace UC but a lot of features i wont be using, then i came down to Steinberg MR816X
and even that has a lot. What i basically need is 4 Analog INs and 2/3 Analog Outs and
1 SPDIF. I rely heavily on VSTis so no need for a lot of Analog I/Os. Then i read about the
TC units which in my opinion will be perfect for me...but i still dont understand somethings,
which one is better and why is it better, based on what? There is no comparison list.

1. Having 4 Ins on the back and 2 on the front, is it 6 in total or 2 Front works with 1/2 back?
2. How reliable can one of this units be and can actually do some SemiPro work and mixing?
3. Any inputs from experience on Latency, Stability and reliability?
4. Buying one of these units, does it mean i can simoultaneously have 2 synths Stereo
connected to the unit?
5. How would one compare this to Steinberg MR816X? Not phisically, i know one is bigger
and more I/Os then the other but quality wise, Latency, Preamps and Stability?

Thank you very much ALL! I would apreciate any input and hope to return favors soon.

Thanks!
I'm bumping this up as i want to purchase a 24d and i'm not sold in yet!
Old 1st September 2010
WH1
Gear Head

by all means stay away from TC's interfaces, if you want to get a better idea check their forums.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by WH1 View Post
by all means stay away from TC's interfaces, if you want to get a better idea check their forums.
Old thread but just wanted to say I’ve never had one issue with the Impact Twin, it’s great. Would love to know how it differs to the Konnekt 8 and 24D though.
Old 4 weeks ago
JAT
Lives for gear
Tc stuff is sold but ok. I can’t believe you can’t find a more modern design. That being said, I used tc for years at home and made good recordings.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAT View Post
Tc stuff is sold but ok. I can’t believe you can’t find a more modern design. That being said, I used tc for years at home and made good recordings.
I just use it with external pre amps and I use other DAC for mixing. Wonder how much I’d need to spend to get better AD.
Old 4 weeks ago
JAT
Lives for gear
Audient is a likely choice.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've got an IMpact Twin. Seem pretty good vs Focusrite Scarlett.

If anyone wants it for a pretty nice price PM me. I simply don't use it anymore. Works perfectly. Last used it for the mikes in a karaoke party. I have used it successfully with a Thunderbolt 2 to Firewire adapter for a Macbook. Seems just as good as native Firewire.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search