The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sennhieser e609
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

Sennhieser e609

I have the one that's non silver that cost more... Anyone know the difference between these and the silver? I bought this one about 3 years ago and it was expensive... Black on both sides...

Thanks
Old 28th November 2005
Gear addict

I have the original 409's and the 609's I owned sounds closer to it than the silver issue... At least the silver one that was loaned to me for comparison
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

the difference is, that the silver 609 sounds horrible.
david
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

i'm going to throw in my vote and say the silver one sounds much better than that black.
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

I have the one that came out before the silver...
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

It is odd that this question was posted when it was. I actually purchased 4 of these mics a while back for toms and guitar. On Thursday of last week I sent an email to Sennheiser asking what the diff was (between all black and the silver face) and this was their response;

Hello,
The Black version have a flatter response across the frequency range. Which is really good for the application of guitars. The Silver version was a newer model released which has a boost in the higher frequency range around 5 to 8 khz, which is really bright.
It is basically two different capsule types with different sound characteristics. Our new model the E906, combines the two types with a switch.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks.

Peace,
Scott Houston
Technical Applications
860-434-9190 EXT. 182
shouston@sennheiserusa.com

Hope that helps , cheers!
Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks! So the black one is more like the original... I hear the original is pretty flat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by True North
It is odd that this question was posted when it was. I actually purchased 4 of these mics a while back for toms and guitar. On Thursday of last week I sent an email to Sennheiser asking what the diff was (between all black and the silver face) and this was their response;

Hello,
The Black version have a flatter response across the frequency range. Which is really good for the application of guitars. The Silver version was a newer model released which has a boost in the higher frequency range around 5 to 8 khz, which is really bright.
It is basically two different capsule types with different sound characteristics. Our new model the E906, combines the two types with a switch.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks.

Peace,
Scott Houston
Technical Applications
860-434-9190 EXT. 182
shouston@sennheiserusa.com

Hope that helps , cheers!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search