The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
T.bone Sc140 stereo pair
Old 17th June 2010
T.bone Sc140 stereo pair

this morning I've recorded my piano with a pair of t.bone sc140.
what do you think about them???

the audio file is an mp3 at 192.
Attached Thumbnails
T.bone Sc140 stereo pair-piano1.jpg  
Attached Files

Armando's rhumba 192.mp3 (5.79 MB, 8984 views)

Old 4th August 2010
Gear Nut

really impressed with the result, I own one of these mics myself, and am probably going to use it on hihats or undersnare with the pad on
Old 13th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Well I was looking at these mics but I wasn't so sure about them because of the price... But now I'm sold. I reckon they'd work just fine as drum over heads too

Horay!
Old 14th June 2011
Here for the gear

Great!

Sorry for bringing this one back from the dead. The Mics sound great for the money, can't really pick fault at that price point. More importantly the playing was great, I seldom listen to a sample track all the way once Iv'e got the gist but that was a pleasure. Cheers
Old 9th November 2011
I've used them as OH and the result is OK!!!
Old 17th November 2011
Here for the gear
I love the sound on your recording! Really great playing, especially. Noone records this kind of salsa flavour normally for this kind of thing, so thanks for making it sound musical and not so stale! THe mics are great, much much more than you would expect from both small diaphragm and at this price. Will atempt to record my own piano, an old upright piano. Also have plans for sampling it for later computeruse. If anyone is interested in listening and trying out in kontakt or exs24, let me know.

Otherwise I have only tried Studio Projects B1 (warm and maybe too big sound) and the Samson C05 which has a great sound too, but a bit to high noise. At least through the cables I used, which were klotz with neutrik, so should be ok.

THese mics you used are probably better for piano, but I wonder:

how do you interpret the axis-coverage? Is it extremely wide or ok for point microphone stuff?

I would love to get my hands on some more samples if you have some! I am about to buy 6 of them, so would be nice with some more info. Especially regarding the noise level...

Thanks.
Old 17th November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticazzi75 View Post
this morning I've recorded my piano with a pair of t.bone sc140.
what do you think about them???

the audio file is an mp3 at 192.
Thank you... Chick?! Beautiful version.
Old 17th November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoFreek View Post
I love the sound on your recording! Really great playing, especially. Noone records this kind of salsa flavour normally for this kind of thing, so thanks for making it sound musical and not so stale! THe mics are great, much much more than you would expect from both small diaphragm and at this price. Will atempt to record my own piano, an old upright piano. Also have plans for sampling it for later computeruse. If anyone is interested in listening and trying out in kontakt or exs24, let me know.

Otherwise I have only tried Studio Projects B1 (warm and maybe too big sound) and the Samson C05 which has a great sound too, but a bit to high noise. At least through the cables I used, which were klotz with neutrik, so should be ok.

THese mics you used are probably better for piano, but I wonder:

how do you interpret the axis-coverage? Is it extremely wide or ok for point microphone stuff?

I would love to get my hands on some more samples if you have some! I am about to buy 6 of them, so would be nice with some more info. Especially regarding the noise level...

Thanks.
I haven't other recordings with this mics.
I'll probably go to recording a version of "windows" by chick corea in a couple of week.....and then I'll post the link hereheh
Old 17th November 2011
Lives for gear

Hey Sticazzi, sounds great. Nice playing.

What was the rest of your signal chain? Preamps? Recording interface? What kind of piano are you playing?
Old 17th November 2011
Here for the gear
Thanks upfront for any future info...
Old 17th November 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarmax_99 View Post
Hey Sticazzi, sounds great. Nice playing.

What was the rest of your signal chain? Preamps? Recording interface? What kind of piano are you playing?

my handsheh, Yamaha C6, t.bone sc140, Rme fireface800, sonar 8.5
Old 19th December 2012
Here for the gear

sc140

Sounds fine, sticazzi75!

I bought pair of sc140 myself, I used that on small orchestra recording. I was limited with my mic stands, I wasn't able to put them high enough to be closer to orchestra (the overal sound is blurry). Microphones are AB (ca 3 meters away from orchestra) with one extra microphone for choir (alctron hat800). I put them directly to Tascam DR680 (Busman mod). The result surprised me - it's not bad at all! Although I wouldn't recommend them as main mics for this kind of recording, I would definitely use them for wind section or something similar.
Attached Files

gym****um_kladno_uryvek.mp3 (4.07 MB, 3959 views)

Old 19th December 2012
Gear Head

Hi Sticazzi.... I think we come from the same italian forum...
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

This might be the best mic demo I've heard. Hah. Interested in these mics too as drum overheads. I was wondering how they compare to the same brand's EM700 and the Superlux S241.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search