The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which of the following Firewire mixer actually let you mixdown in the analog domain..
Old 17th June 2010
Gear Maniac
Which of the following Firewire mixer actually let you mixdown in the analog domain..

Looking at:

onyx 1640, zed r16, yammy N12, and any others out there...

I want the unit to act as an analog summing box from my daw, so it comes out
analog 16 channels goes thought the analog eq and mix bus of the board then goes back 2 tracks digitally to the daw.

Do any of these work these even work this way, and if so which has the best sounding mixbus?

Finally, if the mackie or zed does this, can its mixbus be modded later with better parts like a normal analog board?

p.s. any subjective opinions on the quality (warmth, color, weight and musicality=good for me) of the built in pres and converters in any of these would be appreciated.
Old 17th June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobit View Post
Looking at:

onyx 1640, zed r16, yammy N12, and any others out there...

I want the unit to act as an analog summing box from my daw, so it comes out
analog 16 channels goes thought the analog eq and mix bus of the board then goes back 2 tracks digitally to the daw.

Do any of these work these even work this way, and if so which has the best sounding mixbus?

Finally, if the mackie or zed does this, can its mixbus be modded later with better parts like a normal analog board?

p.s. any subjective opinions on the quality (warmth, color, weight and musicality=good for me) of the built in pres and converters in any of these would be appreciated.
I know the ZED R16 does analog summing, don't know about the upgrade part though. The Yamaha N12 is a digital mixer, so there's no analog domain going on when summing.
Old 17th June 2010
Gear Maniac
I suspected that about the yamaha.
Old 18th June 2010
Lives for gear

The onyx is super flexible and sums analogue. Good mixer in general too.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search