The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SKB makes cases for guns & military...? Amp Sim & Guitar Effects Plugins
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyuncertainty View Post
hey. i don't know if i've been living under a rock, but i just found out from the SKB website that they also manufacture cases for military use. I don't know if i'm the last one alive with morals (and i was pretty psyched about a case i just saw at Musikmesse in Frankfurt) but i just can't bring myself to order it. I don't know why it comes as such a shock to me... but it got me wondering... are there any particularly ecological friendly or moral musical instrument/equipment companies at all? I feel like its something i've never seen or noticed if i have seen it.... It kind of seems inherent that musical products, especially of the electronic variety would automatically be manufactured in some third world asian country making tons of pollution and what not... even american made guitars, etc require products manufactured in asia... the list goes on, but i was just wondering if someone knew of a musical instrument company with a clean conscience. thanks!

jen
Old 1st April 2010

OK all - political thread, so it is time to shut it down as per forum rules
Top Mentioned Products
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search