The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
How do you guys feel on sonalksis and emulation plugins such as URS.
Old 5th November 2005
Lives for gear
How do you guys feel on sonalksis and emulation plugins such as URS.

Im running my tube mic through solidstate pre amp ( i feel like too much tube sounds nastiy unless its $$$ gear). But i want a lil analog emulation via plug in. Right now im demo'ing urs eq's and want a nice compressor plugin to go along. i know bout the uad but i wanna use all native using cubase sx 3.
Old 5th November 2005
Lives for gear

the Sonalksis SV-517 is my go-to ITB EQ. It just sounds good. it reacts like an analog EQ, you can really drive it like a console EQ. i also prefer the Sonalksis SV-315 Compressor for similar reasons.

you may also want to check out Hydratone from www.tritonedigital.com
its a convolution EQ with API 550b, Amek 9098, Focusrite ISA, and Avalon 737 convolutions.
i prefer its 550b to the URS A-series. it uses more CPU but i think its the best way to get an analog sound in the box.
Old 5th November 2005
bap
Gear Nut

Sonalksis and Tritone Digital are my 2 favorite brands as well. They are relatively affordable and they sound good.

... I also use Samplitude 8 Pro plugs which are also very, very good.
Old 5th November 2005
Gear Maniac

I haven't tried everything mentioned above, but the URS eq's are the best I've used in a DAW. And DSP friendly too.
Old 6th November 2005
Lives for gear
Cool....

Ima give that hydatone 1 a shot.
Old 6th November 2005
Lives for gear
what sample rate.

What sample rate r u guys using to get the best of these plugins.
Old 6th November 2005
Gear Addict

24bit/48k and sonalksis and urs are second best to using high end quality outboard eqs.
the only wish i ever had, was having the sonalksis eq with more bands (10 bands), than it would smoke waves q10 instantly.
Old 6th November 2005
Lives for gear
cool!

im gonny try using 88.2 or 96k to see the power of the plugins. So sonalksis and urs it is. Anywho what bout mono compressors i see the sonalkis is stereo. I just wanna make sure my eq's and comp r on point b4 i start. As far as the samplitude im gonna give that a try. Ive messed with 7.2 sumthing but not enuff to review on it but i'll give 8 a run.
Old 7th November 2005
Lives for gear
I like the Sonalksis quite a bit and it's one of two or three in the box EQs that I actually use.
Old 7th November 2005
Here for the gear

I would check out the new URS 1970 & 1980 Compressors (although they're not cheap). The URS plugins are high quality other than getting the UAD which you don't want.

I use the Kjaerhus GCO-1 (very nice compressor) and the PSP Mastercomp. Check the new Voxengo Marquis compressor (very handy versatile and sounds good).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search