The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I've been given an Alesis Microverb 4 !!! What should I expect? Multi-Effects Processors (HW)
Old 23rd March 2010
Lives for gear

I've been given an Alesis Microverb 4 !!! What should I expect?

Hey Slut-chums!

A friend who played in a band, grew up (lol) got married, drooped everything, sold all his gear, couldn't sell the Alesis Microverb so he got fed up of trying and just gave it to me! Woope-doo !

This is actually a nice coincidence, because I just started having great fun with some friend's band doing live.

Its been two weeks and I simply havn't had the time to even power it up, next gig this saturday.

Anyone had quality time with this corner-street-slut ? heh
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

WOW-bumpdy-dump !!

This must REALLY suck! heh
Old 24th March 2010
Gear Guru

Well, whenever there was one of these in a studio where I'd be working (not too often) it would pretty much get used last. To me has no beneficial flavour of any sort. Even a Quadraverb (older!) has some things that can rock, but this thing is kind of like a sort of "cheap vanilla".......sorry dude. Still, I haven't heard one for years, and it may still make a welcome change from some plugs....... don't let me spoil your fun though, the thing might surprise you, depending what your ears have heard until now......and if you don't like it maybe you'll have better luck selling it.....
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

Thats is what I thought...

I was actually hoping to hear something like

"everything sucks, but the flanger is delicious"

or

"the delay is great for lush, but forget the verbs"

Thanks Karloff70
Old 24th March 2010
Gear Head

Try it on various stuff,it might do something for you.. Failing that its always useful for rehearsing etc.. Don't knock it yet .. and it was given in kindness..
Old 24th March 2010
Gear Guru

Like the man says, it was a free smiling gesture and must come with nice karma......it may still surprise you and put a fat smile on your face. Like I say long time since I heard one, but thinking about it, it must spank most of the standard plugs for basics like delay and such at least......can't lose, right? heh
Old 24th March 2010
I used one live for years and I did not think it was that bad. Of course in my live settings, I did not want anything more than vanilla, so it was a good fit. As Soundwaves said, try it out. There are a whole bunch of different patches/ effects in there. Surely you'll find SOMETHING useful that will make a decent alternative to some plug-ins.
Old 24th March 2010
Lives for gear

You guys are absolutely right

Shame on me for not even giving it the benefit of the doubt....

Thank you !!
Old 24th March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bang View Post
Hey Slut-chums!

A friend who played in a band, grew up (lol) got married, drooped everything, sold all his gear, couldn't sell the Alesis Microverb so he got fed up of trying and just gave it to me! Woope-doo !

This is actually a nice coincidence, because I just started having great fun with some friend's band doing live.

Its been two weeks and I simply havn't had the time to even power it up, next gig this saturday.

Anyone had quality time with this corner-street-slut ? heh
I work ITB these days but back when I was mixing OTB I used a rack with a Quadraverb II, a Lexicon MPX100, Digitech TSR-24, and a MicroVerb 4 (and a bunch of other stuff but those were the digital FX boxes, for the most part) and, you know, the MV4 was a solid deal for the money (it was quite inexpensive, even new... I guess yours is a great deal for the money. heh )

I recall it as having a number of useful presets and sounds. I say: experiment and have fun. I like what Karloff said... it must have some nice kharma attached.
Old 25th March 2010
Gear Nut

There is one lying arround here, have bought it 10 or 11 years ago. Back then it was not a good deal for the money I paid, but nowadays I use it rarely.
There are some more or less interesting "special" effects and sometimes I use the gated reverb.
I would say check it out
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

I've been given an Alesis Microverb 4 !!! What should I expect?

You should expect the gates of heaven to open, and 70 naked virgins to appear. heh .. Please don't mind my sense of humour ..

Seriously .. Free gear .. Love .. FWIW, I think they're fine and quite usable.

They ain't a Lexicon 224 but they're still good for what they'll do .. Have fun playing ..

Cheers RAy
Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

Probably a lot like my Zoom 1201--not that great to record with, but decent in the FX loop on my amp. And quieter than most stompbox delays.
Old 26th March 2010
Gear Maniac

i have a midiverb 4, which i think is the same engine.

i got it for live applications because it's cheap and if it gets stolen or broken, it's no biggie. also, it does what i need easily for live reverb/delay. it is very vanilla, and i question its use in the studio, but for budget live gear, it's great.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search