The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Steinberg Mr816x 399?
Old 23rd January 2010
Steinberg Mr816x 399?

I dont know if this is a typo or what but they are giving up the goods on steinberg mr816x for 699 with a 300 rebate puts you at 399 the best deal ever you got a week left....

Steinberg MR816X Firewire Audio Interface 1DSP | Sam Ash Music 1-800-4-SAMASH
Old 23rd January 2010
Gear Head

I love the price.. but it makes me think.. Is this Unit not as great as I read in the other thread comparing it to the Prism orpheus?

Maybe for $400 it definitely wouldn't hurt to find out ehh?

Another thing.. I went to Guitar Center last night and read a sign by the register stating that they no longer do returns on Audio Interfaces, whats up with that?

That will cost them loads of cash.. If I bought something.. of course if I wasnt happy with the unit I would simply return it, but I suppose GS are trying anything possible to keep money in their pockets.
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Anyone know if this rebate is available to international customers?

I live in the UK and am particularly interested in getting one of these!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Anyone know if this rebate is available to international customers?

I live in the UK and am particularly interested in getting one of these!
They're not doing a rebate in the UK, instead they just reduced the dealer net price of the box as I understand it so it's now quite a bit cheaper than it used to be (£549) - which is still nowhere as cheap as the Sam Ash deal though!!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
They're not doing a rebate in the UK, instead they just reduced the dealer net price of the box as I understand it so it's now quite a bit cheaper than it used to be (£549) - which is still nowhere as cheap as the Sam Ash deal though!!
Gutted!!
Gear Head

Wow for $400 i may have to find out what this unit is all about..
Lives for gear

It looks like a typo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaidon View Post
It looks like a typo.
The rebate is genuine (and definitely $300) - so if you can get Sam Ash to sell it to you for $699 then you win.

http://steinbergnorthamerica.com/wp-...form_20101.pdf
Gear Head

Quote:
It looks like a typo.

I maybe thought it may have to be .. b/c I was searching for a good price for this unit and havnt seen anything less then $999.99 and that was the price after the rebate!
I think that's an awesome price. I paid $950 for my MR816X back when it first came out. It is a great interface, much better than the Presonus Firepod I had before.
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDiamond View Post
I think that's an awesome price. I paid $950 for my MR816X back when it first came out. It is a great interface, much better than the Presonus Firepod I had before.

Would you consider the sound a dramatic change up from the Firepod?

I've seen some comparisons to the Prism Orpheus.. does it have a high end sound you think?
Quote:
It looks like a typo.
no its not and at this price Steinberg will start to monopolize the low card game, Echo, M audio, Focusrite and Digi will loose alot of potential customers
this looks like the begining of a takeover!!!!!
i will order one next week, at 399 you cant loose and if i dont like it i can always sell it for more for a quick profit
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Man at that price there is no competition!!

Are you sure this deal isn't available to International customers??
Quote:
Man at that price there is no competition!!

Are you sure this deal isn't available to International customers??
They won't send a rebate cheque to a non-US address, I can tell you that for sure. And even if you manage to arrange that via a PO box or whatever, cashing a US$ cheque drawn on a US bank is going to prove rather difficult unless you have trustworthy friends stateside...!
Gear Addict

Is it just me or does that other thread about the Steinberg unit wreak of "publicity stunt"?

First all the hype about it sounding better or on par with an orpheus (although admittingly not heard it - possibly it does blow away with it's sound???)

- now this price reduction. Monopoly is the word.

Perhaps i'm too much a cynic...

Maybe now there will be a corporate hitman on my back to silence me.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesCola View Post
Is it just me or does that other thread about the Steinberg unit wreak of "publicity stunt"?

First all the hype about it sounding better or on par with an orpheus (although admittingly not heard it - possibly it does blow away with it's sound???)

The vs Orpheus wasn't orchestrated by them, it was by people on this forum that made it explode.

The price reduction... probably just Sam Ash's mistake. However, you can always say that these guys did... yeah, make a theory if you want.
Lives for gear

Jump on it and don't look back.
Lives for gear

Best sounding and most stable interface Ive ever had and Ive had an RME Multiface along with ADI8 DS converters and an apogee duet.

If you can get it at that price jump on the deal quickly
Lives for gear

At this price I'm debating jumping on it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesCola View Post

I really do believe that Steiny and Yammy had alot to do with buzz created here and guess what folks it worked, i doubt if this compares to a orpheus at ALL, I listen to the sames clips as most of you and i heard the Mr816 boost the original signals top end more, Its too late the rumors are spread and the price has dropped, We Got Had, but how can you complain if it just works and sounds good, its like getting rapped and at the same time loving it..............Im jumping on it too all ass take me baby take me
Gear Head
Hope itll get some reduction in Europe, although I just ordered the TC Impact twin...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by widgetlocsta View Post
I really do believe that Steiny and Yammy had alot to do with buzz created here and guess what folks it worked, i doubt if this compares to a orpheus at ALL, I listen to the sames clips as most of you and i heard the Mr816 boost the original signals top end more, Its too late the rumors are spread and the price has dropped, We Got Had, but how can you complain if it just works and sounds good, its like getting rapped and at the same time loving it..............Im jumping on it too all ass take me baby take me
If it is true though I find that very disturbing and probably changed my mind about getting it, wether it sounds good or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obitheincredible View Post
If it is true though I find that very disturbing and probably changed my mind about getting it, wether it sounds good or not.

Gearslutz is the breeding ground for new product hype look at

Golden age Project PRE 73 VS neve 1073

EMU 1820M vs ProTools HD and lynx 2

Presonus eureka VS Avalon 737

Echo audiofire 12 vs Fireface and now

Steinberg Mr816x VS Prism sound Orpheus

Do any of these units sustain there claim and hype?

Absolutely not, for a fraction of the price you get 50-75% of
there counterparts quality, and that reason alone makes the Steinberg
a deal at 399 699 or 999 no matter who started the rumorsthumbsup
Lives for gear

$399 is a blowout price for this. makes me wonder what they're gonna do with the product line after january..new models perhaps?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whereisbkp View Post
$399 is a blowout price for this. makes me wonder what they're gonna do with the product line after january..new models perhaps?
That's a good point! Makes me wonder why they are doing this aswell ??
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's a good point! Makes me wonder why they are doing this aswell ??
I'm looking for a next gen N12. Since it's already a digital mixer, make all of the knobs and faders control the software. Make it have a DAW and a standalone mode. Own the market.

Higher end model = motorized faders. Own my heart.
Here for the gear

I've been shopping this price around to see if I can get another retailer to match it. Apparently it's just a closeout sale price that only Sam Ash is doing. Great deal, though not exactly a monopoly or game changer as has been mentioned.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by widgetlocsta View Post

Total nonsense that Steiny and Yamaha came onto here and caused the hype

I have an MR816 and it was most defianetly a step up from my apogee duet
Lives for gear

i posted in another thread a few days back that JRRshop has it for this price. Search Results : JRRshop.com

I just paid $900 cdn and i only get a $130 rebate, so this is mind blowing lol
📝 Reply