The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Steinberg Mr816x 399?
Old 23rd January 2010
  #1
Steinberg Mr816x 399?

I dont know if this is a typo or what but they are giving up the goods on steinberg mr816x for 699 with a 300 rebate puts you at 399 the best deal ever you got a week left....

Steinberg MR816X Firewire Audio Interface 1DSP | Sam Ash Music 1-800-4-SAMASH
Old 23rd January 2010
  #2
Gear Head
 

I love the price.. but it makes me think.. Is this Unit not as great as I read in the other thread comparing it to the Prism orpheus?

Maybe for $400 it definitely wouldn't hurt to find out ehh?

Another thing.. I went to Guitar Center last night and read a sign by the register stating that they no longer do returns on Audio Interfaces, whats up with that?

That will cost them loads of cash.. If I bought something.. of course if I wasnt happy with the unit I would simply return it, but I suppose GS are trying anything possible to keep money in their pockets.
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
Anyone know if this rebate is available to international customers?

I live in the UK and am particularly interested in getting one of these!
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Anyone know if this rebate is available to international customers?

I live in the UK and am particularly interested in getting one of these!
They're not doing a rebate in the UK, instead they just reduced the dealer net price of the box as I understand it so it's now quite a bit cheaper than it used to be (£549) - which is still nowhere as cheap as the Sam Ash deal though!!
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #5
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal3 View Post
They're not doing a rebate in the UK, instead they just reduced the dealer net price of the box as I understand it so it's now quite a bit cheaper than it used to be (£549) - which is still nowhere as cheap as the Sam Ash deal though!!
Gutted!!
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #6
Gear Head
 

Wow for $400 i may have to find out what this unit is all about..
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Phaidon's Avatar
 

It looks like a typo.
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaidon View Post
It looks like a typo.
The rebate is genuine (and definitely $300) - so if you can get Sam Ash to sell it to you for $699 then you win.

http://steinbergnorthamerica.com/wp-...form_20101.pdf
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #9
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaidon View Post
It looks like a typo.

I maybe thought it may have to be .. b/c I was searching for a good price for this unit and havnt seen anything less then $999.99 and that was the price after the rebate!
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #10
I think that's an awesome price. I paid $950 for my MR816X back when it first came out. It is a great interface, much better than the Presonus Firepod I had before.
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #11
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDiamond View Post
I think that's an awesome price. I paid $950 for my MR816X back when it first came out. It is a great interface, much better than the Presonus Firepod I had before.

Would you consider the sound a dramatic change up from the Firepod?

I've seen some comparisons to the Prism Orpheus.. does it have a high end sound you think?
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaidon View Post
It looks like a typo.
no its not and at this price Steinberg will start to monopolize the low card game, Echo, M audio, Focusrite and Digi will loose alot of potential customers
this looks like the begining of a takeover!!!!!
Old 23rd January 2010 | Show parent
  #13
i will order one next week, at 399 you cant loose and if i dont like it i can always sell it for more for a quick profit
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #14
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
Man at that price there is no competition!!

Are you sure this deal isn't available to International customers??
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Man at that price there is no competition!!

Are you sure this deal isn't available to International customers??
They won't send a rebate cheque to a non-US address, I can tell you that for sure. And even if you manage to arrange that via a PO box or whatever, cashing a US$ cheque drawn on a US bank is going to prove rather difficult unless you have trustworthy friends stateside...!
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #16
Gear Addict
 
CharlesCola's Avatar
Is it just me or does that other thread about the Steinberg unit wreak of "publicity stunt"?

First all the hype about it sounding better or on par with an orpheus (although admittingly not heard it - possibly it does blow away with it's sound???)

- now this price reduction. Monopoly is the word.

Perhaps i'm too much a cynic...

Maybe now there will be a corporate hitman on my back to silence me.
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 
rackdude's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesCola View Post
Is it just me or does that other thread about the Steinberg unit wreak of "publicity stunt"?

First all the hype about it sounding better or on par with an orpheus (although admittingly not heard it - possibly it does blow away with it's sound???)

- now this price reduction. Monopoly is the word.

Perhaps i'm too much a cynic...

Maybe now there will be a corporate hitman on my back to silence me.
The vs Orpheus wasn't orchestrated by them, it was by people on this forum that made it explode.

The price reduction... probably just Sam Ash's mistake. However, you can always say that these guys did... yeah, make a theory if you want.
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #18
Lives for gear
 
Heartfelt's Avatar
Jump on it and don't look back.
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #19
Lives for gear
 

Best sounding and most stable interface Ive ever had and Ive had an RME Multiface along with ADI8 DS converters and an apogee duet.

If you can get it at that price jump on the deal quickly
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Obitheincredible's Avatar
 

At this price I'm debating jumping on it!
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesCola View Post
Is it just me or does that other thread about the Steinberg unit wreak of "publicity stunt"?

First all the hype about it sounding better or on par with an orpheus (although admittingly not heard it - possibly it does blow away with it's sound???)

- now this price reduction. Monopoly is the word.

Perhaps i'm too much a cynic...

Maybe now there will be a corporate hitman on my back to silence me.

I really do believe that Steiny and Yammy had alot to do with buzz created here and guess what folks it worked, i doubt if this compares to a orpheus at ALL, I listen to the sames clips as most of you and i heard the Mr816 boost the original signals top end more, Its too late the rumors are spread and the price has dropped, We Got Had, but how can you complain if it just works and sounds good, its like getting rapped and at the same time loving it..............Im jumping on it too all ass take me baby take me
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #22
Gear Head
Hope itll get some reduction in Europe, although I just ordered the TC Impact twin...
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #23
Lives for gear
 
Obitheincredible's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by widgetlocsta View Post
I really do believe that Steiny and Yammy had alot to do with buzz created here and guess what folks it worked, i doubt if this compares to a orpheus at ALL, I listen to the sames clips as most of you and i heard the Mr816 boost the original signals top end more, Its too late the rumors are spread and the price has dropped, We Got Had, but how can you complain if it just works and sounds good, its like getting rapped and at the same time loving it..............Im jumping on it too all ass take me baby take me
If it is true though I find that very disturbing and probably changed my mind about getting it, wether it sounds good or not.
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obitheincredible View Post
If it is true though I find that very disturbing and probably changed my mind about getting it, wether it sounds good or not.

Gearslutz is the breeding ground for new product hype look at


Golden age Project PRE 73 VS neve 1073

EMU 1820M vs ProTools HD and lynx 2

Presonus eureka VS Avalon 737

Echo audiofire 12 vs Fireface and now

Steinberg Mr816x VS Prism sound Orpheus

Do any of these units sustain there claim and hype?

Absolutely not, for a fraction of the price you get 50-75% of
there counterparts quality, and that reason alone makes the Steinberg
a deal at 399 699 or 999 no matter who started the rumorsthumbsup
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #25
Lives for gear
 
whereisbkp's Avatar
 

$399 is a blowout price for this. makes me wonder what they're gonna do with the product line after january..new models perhaps?
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #26
Lives for gear
 
dickiefunk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereisbkp View Post
$399 is a blowout price for this. makes me wonder what they're gonna do with the product line after january..new models perhaps?
That's a good point! Makes me wonder why they are doing this aswell ??
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #27
Lives for gear
 
rackdude's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
That's a good point! Makes me wonder why they are doing this aswell ??
I'm looking for a next gen N12. Since it's already a digital mixer, make all of the knobs and faders control the software. Make it have a DAW and a standalone mode. Own the market.

Higher end model = motorized faders. Own my heart.
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #28
Here for the gear
 

I've been shopping this price around to see if I can get another retailer to match it. Apparently it's just a closeout sale price that only Sam Ash is doing. Great deal, though not exactly a monopoly or game changer as has been mentioned.
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #29
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by widgetlocsta View Post
I really do believe that Steiny and Yammy had alot to do with buzz created here and guess what folks it worked, i doubt if this compares to a orpheus at ALL, I listen to the sames clips as most of you and i heard the Mr816 boost the original signals top end more, Its too late the rumors are spread and the price has dropped, We Got Had, but how can you complain if it just works and sounds good, its like getting rapped and at the same time loving it..............Im jumping on it too all ass take me baby take me

Total nonsense that Steiny and Yamaha came onto here and caused the hype

I have an MR816 and it was most defianetly a step up from my apogee duet
Old 24th January 2010 | Show parent
  #30
Lives for gear
 

i posted in another thread a few days back that JRRshop has it for this price. Search Results : JRRshop.com

I just paid $900 cdn and i only get a $130 rebate, so this is mind blowing lol
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 771 views: 131567
Avatar for didier.brest
didier.brest 27th October 2013
replies: 95 views: 7361
Avatar for norbury brook
norbury brook 29th October 2010
replies: 2125 views: 355471
Avatar for didier.brest
didier.brest 1 week ago
replies: 248 views: 11352
Avatar for Rob Coates
Rob Coates 16th May 2018
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump