The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Steinberg Mr816x 399?
Old 27th January 2010 | Show parent
Gear Head

Just bought my 2nd mr816 from jjr before the price goes back up to $999 like Sam Ash just did. If I don't get the unit before Feb 28 deadline I will just send unit back for a full refund. Gonna try to contact steinberg about my first rebate since I haven't recieved it yet. At which time I will ask them what options I have if I don't get the unit before the feb deadline.
Old 27th January 2010 | Show parent
Gear Head

I contacted Steinberg Sales dept yesterday and he stated that he unaware of the price drops at Sam Ash and the other retailers.. I asked were the price drops were in response to possibly some new hardware hitting the market soon.. he neither could not confirm or deny it.. so That really doesnt help much ?
Old 28th January 2010 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by santanatwins View Post
Just bought my 2nd mr816 from jjr before the price goes back up to $999 like Sam Ash just did. If I don't get the unit before Feb 28 deadline I will just send unit back for a full refund. Gonna try to contact steinberg about my first rebate since I haven't recieved it yet. At which time I will ask them what options I have if I don't get the unit before the feb deadline.
i called jj and they said 999 did you just use the website to order yours?
Old 28th January 2010 | Show parent
Gear Head

Yeah. I used the link in the post which mentioned jjr. I got confirmation from both jjr and paypal for $699. If I get charged more I'll let you know. I would have bought it from Sam ash but I'm from ny and saved $60 in tax.
Old 29th January 2010 | Show parent
Gear Nut

I had an order in with samash.com as well and this afternoon I got an email saying the mr816 has shipped! So hopefully anyone else who ordered this week will be in good shape for the rebate...
Lives for gear

bump for a great interface. i've used lynx, RME, apogee, and a prism orpheus and this thing hangs tough with all of em. the $300 rebate is icing on the cake.
Here for the gear

Unhappy still waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedaul View Post
I had an order in with samash.com as well and this afternoon I got an email saying the mr816 has shipped! So hopefully anyone else who ordered this week will be in good shape for the rebate...

I placed my order with samash.com Monday but haven't received anything yet.
Old 1st February 2010 | Show parent
More big retailers have it for $699 now, but they say they wont be in stock until march. That means cutting the UPC from the box in time will be impossible. Yet the retailers make a big point of advertising the rebate while omitting that detail.

Try not to get suckered!

If anyone finds a legit place with the $699 price, that genuinely has it in stock, let us know! If you do not wanna post it publicly to start a flood and sell them out, a PM to people (including me) on this thread looking for an interface with a heads up would be very appreciated!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonrichter View Post
More big retailers have it for $699 now, but they say they wont be in stock until march. That means cutting the UPC from the box in time will be impossible. Yet the retailers make a big point of advertising the rebate while omitting that detail.
I saw Sam Ashs' website having it for $699 and on top of that a rebate of $300 sometime just over a week ago.
Now its back upto $999 and a $300 rebate......
Can anyone confirm this?
The point is, regardless of the price, the rebate requires cutting the UPC from the box of the unit before March. Since they are not due in stock until March, you see how this makes obtaining the rebate impossible?
Here for the gear

I just ordered this from Musician's Friend. They price matched ZZ Sounds and I got the extra 10%. So that's $669. They expect it to come in on 2/26, so if I get it shipped next day air, I think I'll still be able to make the deadline of 2/28.
Old 4th February 2010 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

i missed the rebate but for 699 i cant complain im totally sold thanks for the additional info guys
Old 9th February 2010 | Show parent
Gear Nut

I ended up with two of these, but I've decided I'm only going to keep one. As such, I've got the extra up on ebay in case anyone is looking for one...
Old 9th February 2010 | Show parent
Gear Head

Dammit. Wish I'd found this thread in time.
📝 Reply