The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Interesting Testing on Adam S2A,KRK, Dynaudio, JBL & Genelec
Old 4th January 2010
Interesting Testing on Adam S2A,KRK, Dynaudio, JBL & Genelec

Hi Guys
I found one German maganize that just did a frequency response test for ADAMS2A , KRK VXT8, Dynaudio MC15 and else.

Check it out man.
VERY COOL
Order:
ADAM S2A,KRK VXT8, Dynaudio MC15, JBL LSR6325P, Genelec 1030a, Equator Q10, ATC SCM10-2

Here is the link
Òåñò - Àêòèâíûå ìîíèòîðû - Adam S2A - salonav.com
Attached Thumbnails
Interesting Testing on Adam S2A,KRK, Dynaudio, JBL & Genelec-adam-s2a-frequency-response.jpg   Interesting Testing on Adam S2A,KRK, Dynaudio, JBL & Genelec-krk-vxt8-frequency-response.jpg   Interesting Testing on Adam S2A,KRK, Dynaudio, JBL & Genelec-dynaudio-mc15.jpg   Interesting Testing on Adam S2A,KRK, Dynaudio, JBL & Genelec-jbl-lsr6325p.jpg   Interesting Testing on Adam S2A,KRK, Dynaudio, JBL & Genelec-genelec-1030a.jpg  

Interesting Testing on Adam S2A,KRK, Dynaudio, JBL & Genelec-equator-q10.jpg   Interesting Testing on Adam S2A,KRK, Dynaudio, JBL & Genelec-atc-scm10-2.jpg  
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

ummm, that certainly doesn't look like german writing to me on the website that is linked. Do you know what the different colors on the graphs represent?
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

Why do I feel I need a shower after viewing sites like that?
Old 4th January 2010
Color

I think the color represented the different switches at the back of each monitor.

ADAM, KRK, and Dynaudio all have HF/LF roll-off and boost switch at the rear.
The lowest black line i believe is a sub.
Since ADAM roll off aroud 45 hz, the sub takes over from 45hz.
With KRK VXT, the sub takes over only from 20hz.

The most flat one looks to me is JBL at this moment.
ADAM "looks" a bit thin sounding, KRK is extending with low 35 hz low end but a bit high mid boost.
Genelec as always, bump the mid and roll down the high end.
They all have some sort of hype bump up around 10K.
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc449 View Post
Hi Guys
I found one German maganize that just did a frequency response test for ADAMS2A , KRK VXT8, Dynaudio MC15 and else.

Check it out man.
VERY COOL
Order:
ADAM S2A,KRK VXT8, Dynaudio MC15, JBL LSR6325P, Genelec 1030a, Equator Q10, ATC SCM10-2

Here is the link
Òåñò - Àêòèâíûå ìîíèòîðû - Adam S2A - salonav.com
about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Old 4th January 2010
Lives for gear

The colours probably represent measurements from different positions off axis.
Still, about as useful as a chocolate teacosy though...
Old 5th January 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc449 View Post
Hi Guys

Check it out man.
VERY COOL
Order:
Hi,

I can speak only from Genelec's behalf, but the frequency response showed doesn't represent the true free-field response of a 1030A speaker. Please refer to this document if you want to see the accurate frequency response.

EDIT: It looks like the tested Genelec speaker was 8030A instead of 1030A (as stated by OP). In that case here is the correct datasheet.
Old 6th January 2010
Here for the gear

adams
Old 6th January 2010
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka View Post
the frequency response showed doesn't represent the true free-field response of a 1030A speaker.
I can only guess how those (Greek?) tests were done, but the graphs look like they're third-octave averaged, which hides a lot of important detail. The graphs in the PDF you linked to are more believable.

--Ethan
Old 11th January 2010
Here for the gear

The magazine is Russian. To my understanding the lower graph shows response from the port and upper from the woofer. There is no explanation of how the measurements were made, but to get a separate response from the woofer you have to place the microphone very close to the driver. To assess the true LF performance you should be able to add the responses together. By looking the graphs it is impossible. There is no explanation either for the tweeter responses, and at which frequency was the microphone moved upper from the woofer, to which height and distance, nor what kind of smoothing has been used.

Ilpo

Genelec
Old 11th January 2010
Lives for gear

Also you cant judge a monitor purely upon on axis responce.
Old 20th January 2010
Sad thing is

Genelec and yamaha both provided their own frequency response in the manual.
However, company like ADAM never do so, in the end, we can only dig out those "indie/third-party" measurement around the world.
Old 20th January 2010
Lives for gear

about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.
📝 Reply