The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
XRI XR300 MTC synchroniser not syncing to Logic? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 13th December 2009
Here for the gear

XRI XR300 MTC synchroniser not syncing to Logic?

Hi,

This is my first thread after reading the pages for months and loving it!

I'm trying to sync a Portastudio 424 mk2 to Logic 9 on a Mac and have also tried it with Logic on a PC (v5.5.1) via a XR300. I've searched high and low for a solution, have gone into the synchronisation page in Logic (at this point i'm concentrating on the PC with an M-Audio Audiophile as with the Mac i am going through a USB > MIDI cable) set the frame rate to 25 on both but still no joy.

I went into MIDI-OX and there is no signal coming from the XR300 at all so i'm wondering what I am doing wrong? I can stripe the tape and read off it but that isn't being sent to MIDI.

I've read the manual thoroughly a few times trying to see what i've missed but I have done nothing wrong as far as it says.

I would appreciate any help very much as I am totally at a loss as to what I am not doing. I don't want to blame the machine at this point so if you can help at all then please do.

Thanks.
Old 26th November 2018
Here for the gear

Hi The XR300 needs to be set to dti mode(Direct time lock) to output MTC. Manual is attached.

Garry
Attached Files
File Type: zip xr300.zip (112.8 KB, 19 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search