The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
rack CD burner
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Addict

rack CD burner

i need a rack mounted CD burner.
direct out of PT to the rack CD burner
not sure what to get, saw a few threads about this but they were from like... 2005

cheaper the better

this is just going to be for burning mixes then checking in car
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Call me crazy but couldn't you just bounce the mix and then burn from your computer?
Old 17th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$h Marty View Post
Call me crazy but couldn't you just bounce the mix and then burn from your computer?
Agreed, is there some special reason you want a rack one? Besides the fact that they look cool....?

Otherwise you can get one from Newegg for $30 that'll do every type of CD or DVD media. Some external USB ones are a little more, but still pretty cheap. I don't think there are a lot in the way of cheap rackmount units, I see no reason to have a rack unit unless you want a standalone player or a larger duplicator, and both are more expensive, niche items.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

HHB CDR882 dual drive CD recorder
balanced XLR analog I/O, unbalanced Phono/RCA analog I/O, balanced XLR AES/EBU digital I/O, coaxial and optical S/PDIF digital I/O, external word clock input, RS232 remote control and parallel control interface.
Old 17th November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclarson View Post
Agreed, is there some special reason you want a rack one? Besides the fact that they look cool....?
last console i worked on was an aws
before bouncing my mix i'd send the outputs to my cd recorder and i could monitor what was coming from there by patching it (aws even has a cd button for monitoring source LOL)

but you can also set levels to the cd recorder. its totally different from bouncing then burning :P
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear