The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UA-25EX advance mode for mac (bit depth more than 24bit?) UA25EX
Old 15th November 2009
Lives for gear

UA-25EX advance mode for mac (bit depth more than 24bit?) UA25EX

I read the UA-25EX can use core audio without any drivers but unless you use the edirol driver, you can't record more than 16bit. It's called advance mode. I was a little putoff about buying a card that has to use the driver to record at 24bit.... can any fellow mac owners comment on how well this card works?

"The UA-25EX will operate at 44.1 kHz/16-bit mode regardless of the setting of the sample rate select switch (19)."

"In Advanced mode, signals are transferred between the UA-25EX and the computer at a bit depth of 24 bits and a sample rate of 44.1/48/96 kHz.
Choose Advanced mode if you’re using software that supports 24-bit audio, such as the Cakewalk series or if you’re using ASIO-compatible or CoreAudio-compatible software that is able to record, play, and edit high-quality audio, such as Cubase or Logic."
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

quick woosh anyone?
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

I know you were asking for Mac users so sorry if it's not quite what you're asking but I'm a PC user and have the UA-25. I have never had a problem with this card.

you just flick a switch on the back and it's in advanced mode. nothing to it. My UA-25 works perfectly on 3 separate computers I use without ever giving me grief.
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

no, i thank you for the reply!

i just find it weird to use an external driver to get 24bit...Using external drivers on the mac has given me problems before. Shoddy programmed emu drivers have been a pain in the backside! Bad experience but good to hear no probs with the ua-25. I hope it's true with the mac?
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

well this is edirol (Roland) and I never heard or experienced problems with their drivers. But it can't hurt to wait and see what Mac users have to say...
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear