The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Reverb Box for under $300
Old 13th November 2009
Question Best Reverb Box for under $300

Okay,

So I know that this limits me quite astutely, but what do you recommend as far as reverb hardware goes for this price range? I've been a fan of the Alesis stuff in the past, are there any others worth considering?

I play on using this for live rigs moreso than any recording application.

PiN
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Not that you can get them new any more but the Behringer V-Verb Pro is pretty balls to the wall, there is a whole lengthy thread about it.

Perhaps you can pick one up used?
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Nut

Hello

TC electronics is very good in hardware reverbd and delays

TC Electronic M350 Reverb and Effects Processor

A good feature about this box is that it can be fully integrated with a DAW. So you get a hardware effect with the setting controlled by DAW software like with VST plugin.

Cheerz!!
Old 13th November 2009
Kurzweil Rumour/Mangler
Phonic I7300
Lexicon MX300 (around 300 euro) NEW with VST over USB & Quad design)
TC Electronic M350
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Maniac

check out lexicon mpx 550.

i use one for live gigs and sounds great

j
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColourSurround View Post
Okay,

So I know that this limits me quite astutely, but what do you recommend as far as reverb hardware goes for this price range? I've been a fan of the Alesis stuff in the past, are there any others worth considering?

I play on using this for live rigs moreso than any recording application.

PiN
For studio I would definitely go with the V-Verb (great value if it works) but since you want a unit for a live rig, I would go with something more robust and reliable - Any of the Lexicons: 200, 300, 550 or the TC units in the same basic price range would be fine.
Old 13th November 2009
You guys have given me a lot of gear to ponder over. That's great. Do you know anything about the old Yamaha SPX-900? I know they have the 2000 out now and it sounds great, but I have found a few used 900s for around my price range.

PiN
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Guru

Sony R7

or really cheap:
Digitech TRS 24 (for one preset only, but good for the money)
Boss SX-700

SPX900 is quite cool....good for electronic stuff, to me, not as good for 'real' music.......Sony R7 better for that.
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Sony R7

or really cheap:
Digitech TRS 24 (for one preset only, but good for the money)
Boss SX-700

SPX900 is quite cool....good for electronic stuff, to me, not as good for 'real' music.......Sony R7 better for that.

The Sony R7 is an awesome box for the money and it is a tweakers delight as well. The TC M-One XL is good too.
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Look used!

I picked up a Yamaha ProR3 for $100 (those were >$1k new) and it's great... also using a V-Verb and a few other 'cheap' units that work just fine for me.
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator6 View Post
Look used!

I picked up a Yamaha ProR3 for $100 (those were >$1k new) and it's great... also using a V-Verb and a few other 'cheap' units that work just fine for me.
You got an incredible deal. You usually can't find the ProR3 for near that cheap. I have one in my rack as well. The R7 was around $1600 or so new as I recall. There are a lot of boxes that fall into that category, that cost quite a bit new but for whatever reason, didn't hold value... which is good for us.
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Addict

I too was looking for something in that price range here are some that i found any thoughts or suggestions on these would be great. Use, live and mainly for vocals.

lexicon mpx500
lexicon mpx1
lexicon mpx 100
lexicon LPX-15

yamaha fx-900
yamaha spx90

art multiverb
art fxr
art fxr elite
art sgx2000

alesis quadraverb
alesis midiverb 3
alesis quadrvb gt

digitech s200
digitech 2120 artist

dbx provocal
dbx fs900

Any opinions and thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear