The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Free or inexpensive ITB sampler/sequencer vst/vsti host?
Old 12th November 2009
Gear Head

Free or inexpensive ITB sampler/sequencer vst/vsti host?

I am looking for a program to host some sample banks in vst/vsti format.

I would like to base it around whichever format has the most free samples for pop/hiphop to get started ,but also supports some good commercial soundlibraries/instruments that can be purchased.

What format can get me the most sounds for free, and purchased.

Need mostly sample based libraries like drums for pop/hip hop, basses, etc.

I Am not looking for complete loops but rather individual kicks/snares/multi-timbral sounds etc. Would be interested in finding some good orchestral banks to purchase that have realistic multisampling.

Want to compose the entire tracks.

From the sequencer, I just need for it to have midi in/out, click track and minor features like time shift etc.

Does not need to have lots of bells and whistles for velocity curve editing etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 1st April 2010
Gear Head

I'm pretty sure there is a version of "IMage LIne Fl studio" that is like a 100 dollars w/o all the audio recording capabilities that is fairly cheap.

just vst hosting, don't think it comes with any super crazy vsts but enough to get you started. not sure if the bottom level version has any sounds with it, but the pro version I am using has a pretty extensive sound library. even thought you get sick of it after a few months.

propellerhead REason has everything you need to make anything ever, but it is fairly expensive but with that you can do pretty much anything, except vst hosting. but it comes with way too many sounds and drums kits and everything, sequencer, groove, sounds, midi, mixing(sortaf)

I'm sure theres a lot of free stuff out there.

also if you are looking for sounds, there are tons of people who post their collections on the internet free for download. and not illegally. also sample kicks and snares if you really feel like doing that

do it for hip hop, not for money, then the money will come later
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear