The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Bay Area Gearslutz! New meetup group started...
Old 8th November 2009
Lives for gear

Bay Area Gearslutz! New meetup group started...

In cooperation with the engineering and production team at the studios of Talking House Records (thpro.com), I have just launched the Bay Area Recording Mixing Mastering And Production meetup group (BARMMAP) in San Francisco. You can find our page at:

Bay Area Recording Mixing Mastering And Production (San Francisco, CA) - Meetup.com

Our first meetup is scheduled for December 9, 2009 (more details and topics for the night coming shortly).

I'm very excited to start the creation of a COMMUNITY based meetup group in order to further the advancement and education in the aforementioned fields of audio! We will be meeting periodically (currently proposing monthly) at Talking House and possibly other Bay Area studios and will have numerous presentations from area professionals on topics related to recording, mixing, mastering, and production. Some examples of presentations will include Ins and Outs of MIDI, Microphone Types and Applications, Compression, Drum Enhancement and Replacement, Acoustics, Make Your Own Cables, Music Licensing, and so on. There will be 3 presentations per meetup (as planned) with an open discussion on topic after each presentation with audience members offering additional tips and ideas. We are hoping to attract both aspiring home enthusiasts, self-recording artists, musicians, engineers and producers to this group. We want to create a COMMUNITY where all ideas and experiences are welcome and positive vibes abound!

We hope you join the group (free!) and that we see you at our meetups!

Take care...

McKay

P.S. Jules, thanks for letting us post this announcement!
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

We are confirmed for our first Meetup at Talking House (Talking House Productions | Professional Audio Services, Music Production and Recording Studio, San Francisco CA) on December 9th. I hope you will join us or at least sign up (free) for the group so we can meet ya next time!
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Presenters Scheduled

We're on for December 9th and have the lineup nailed down for the night. We also have a great list of guest speakers for the next several monthly meetups! It's free to join and our first meetup is $1 (to cover the cost of refreshments)!

Info at:

Bay Area Recording Mixing Mastering And Production (San Francisco, CA) - Meetup.com

Hope to see ya there!
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
We're on for December 9th and have the lineup nailed down for the night. We also have a great list of guest speakers for the next several monthly meetups! It's free to join and our first meetup is $1 (to cover the cost of refreshments)!

Info at:

Hope to see ya there!
Is there an address for the event?
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Maniac

great idea... !
Old 23rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
Is there an address for the event?
Yes, if you click on the link above, you will see the info at the bottom of the first page. Please join and RSVP if you are coming since there is limited room/chairs and therefore only RSVP's will be admitted to make sure everyone RSVP'ing gets a seat. Thanks and hope to see ya!
Old 23rd November 2009
Gear Nut

bay areaaaaaaa
Old 24th November 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
Yes, if you click on the link above, you will see the info at the bottom of the first page.
Your page must be incompatible with Firefox or something. Or maybe I'm just blind. Good luck with the event!
Old 25th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooey View Post
Your page must be incompatible with Firefox or something. Or maybe I'm just blind. Good luck with the event!
Thanks, Zooey :-) Not sure what's hap'nin' but I use firefox as my browser and it works fine for me...must be some gremlins...

Here's the link again:

Old 23rd January 2010
Lives for gear

This month we had Mike Wells give a mastering presentation and Jerry Gerber spoke about orchestration and arranging with MIDI. Next month we have Michael Romanowski (mastering) scheduled and are working on more! If you are interested in giving a presentation at BARMMAP, please contact me.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear