The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Audio Interface
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Head

Audio Interface

Hello

Soo, after i recently purchased a new computer and operation system my current mbox 2 has stopped functioning during to the lack of driver support, great... I aren't really bothered downgrading my system to keep my mbox since i never really been too happy for it anyway.

I dont really have a lot of money to spend on a new one, im thinking 200-300 bucks. But im really clueless about what one gives the best bang for the buck.

i just need one with basic connections (Midi, audio input/output, monitor connection, headphone connection)

And at last, needs to support 64bit operation systems.

Anyone knows a good product in the range? Any help is highly appreciated
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjabnix View Post
Hello

Soo, after i recently purchased a new computer and operation system my current mbox 2 has stopped functioning during to the lack of driver support, great... I aren't really bothered downgrading my system to keep my mbox since i never really been too happy for it anyway.

I dont really have a lot of money to spend on a new one, im thinking 200-300 bucks. But im really clueless about what one gives the best bang for the buck.

i just need one with basic connections (Midi, audio input/output, monitor connection, headphone connection)

anything M-audio is 64bit.

Check out the Fast Track Ultra, has octane pre's. midi, 4 mic pre's. 2 headphone outs. Cool little unit. And its USB.
Old 2nd July 2009

The Audio Fire 2 from Echo is worth a look too.

-tINY

Old 2nd July 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjabnix View Post
Hello

Presonus Firestudio is a great little piece of hardware and will more than meet your needs. I'd roll over to the Presonus forums and see what the reception is for their new 64 bit drivers (beware it's brutal in there) - if it's good, pick up a FS on Ebay.
Old 2nd July 2009
Gear Head

Thanks for the replies

So far the Fast Ultra Track seems most interesting. Just wondering if it supports more than 2 channels? I couldnt listen to music through winamp and work in ableton at the same time with the mbox.

The firestudio is a bit too pricey, especially when having it send to denmark.
Old 2nd July 2009
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by tINY View Post

The Audio Fire 2 from Echo is worth a look too.

-tINY

Even better, it's worth a listen...!

I have used tons of this type of stuff, and ECHO Audio tops my list.

War
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

Echo AF4 lover here. Solid on XP/Vista. No complaints.
Old 2nd July 2009
Lives for gear

lexicon U42S - USB2, 4 dbx preamps, 4 discrete channels of audio simultaneously. same price range as the fast track ultra, but probably has better pres. yes, the fast track supports 4 channels at once. echo AF4 is also nice unit, supports 4 channels, but only has two pres.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search