The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Contacting Karma Mics
Old 18th June 2009
Here for the gear

Contacting Karma Mics

Hi,

I was looking around for a cheap pair of mics to record some rehearsals with and start playing around with recording techniques and came across the karma k10s. I was interested so I tried to send them an email enquiring about shipping but my email couldn't get through. I also tried to join their mailing list but couldn't.

Does anyone know what's going on with this company? Are they still in business? Most of their mics don't seem to be shipping at the moment and I can't get in touch with them. I seems odd so I thought i'd ask here if anyone knows.

Being in Australia it's kinda difficult to call them, the time zones aren't the most compatible.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, I couldn't find anything about it.

Cheers,

Scot
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear

hi scot - yes, still in business. i just sent them an email inquiring about the K10's - they are currently out of stock, but are expected back in stock in july. the K10 does look like an interesting mic, especially for the price - i will be picking up a pair to play with. the thing i like is that this is not just a chinese clone or cheap copy of some other mic - this is an actual new mic design by the karma folks, and is made in china to their specs. the freq response curve is quite unique looking.

based on the other fun stuff being created by karma and naiant, i like the idea of supprting both of those companies. they are actually trying to be innovative.
Old 18th June 2009
Lives for gear

I am in South Africa and ordered a pair of K10's from them a couple of months ago, also just by e-mailing them (at [email protected]) and they helped me get them here without any problems. Their service was really excellent.

About the mics: I'm extremely happy with the K10's. I checked out a number of SDC's before ordering them and they rock. I just had a metalcore band in the studio this past weekend and at one point I had just the K10's and kick mic in the mix and they were commenting on how the drums were sounding really big. I honestly would have gotten by with just that. The fact that they're so inexpensive is just a big bonus. I have no idea why folks aren't talking about these mics more.

PLEASE NOTE: You'll see a comment of mine on the Karma-website and an acoustic-guitar clip I sent them. I am in no way connected to the company otherwise (I live in South Africa, as I mentioned earlier). I just wanted to thank them for the cool mics.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search