The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Focusrite Repair
Old 11th August 2005
Lives for gear

Focusrite Repair

My Voicemaster poo has died again, well kinda....it will NOT pass sound unless the process bypass is engaged. Last time i got it repaired it was those damnable little buttons that had to be replaced. I know who to send it to, Thermal Relief in Las Vegas.

When they sent it back to me, they FORGOT to hook up the comp section, at the time I did care, just happy to get the blasted bloody thing back, and i use 160x and RNC inserted anyways heh , I emailed TR and told the the deal, hopefully they will cut me a deal on this repair.

Anybody have such bad luck on the VMP unit as I?

thanks

sdf
Old 11th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley
My Voicemaster poo has died again, well kinda....it will NOT pass sound unless the process bypass is engaged. Last time i got it repaired it was those damnable little buttons that had to be replaced. I know who to send it to, Thermal Relief in Las Vegas.

When they sent it back to me, they FORGOT to hook up the comp section, at the time I did care, just happy to get the blasted bloody thing back, and i use 160x and RNC inserted anyways heh , I emailed TR and told the the deal, hopefully they will cut me a deal on this repair.

Anybody have such bad luck on the VMP unit as I?

thanks

sdf
I had one go out on my first round. They run hot so you have to keep them in a cool place low in the rack with some air on top. The first time I was just stacking some gear without a rack and had another preamp sitting right on top of the VMP. It fried.

The second one never had a problem but I traded up in preamps and sold that unit. Pretty amazing sound for the money. Good luck..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search