The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
behringer ultramizer
Old 9th August 2005
Here for the gear

Smile behringer ultramizer

Anybody in the forum ever used or own a Behringer Ultramizer?
Heard some of the Behringer stuff is junk or DOGS to quote music store
that carries some of their line.. I don't own or have ever own Behringer
stuff.. Please share stories or honest recollections...
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

What are you buying it for?

General consensus is most Beringer stuff is crap, I use the headphone amps and I hear the older compressors are usable, but all the new **** is the worst exersise in cost cutting and ripping-off imaginable.
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Cool

Out of all the Behringer crap - that particular unit is just about the bottom of the barrel... only one thing can be said about it.... ugh!
Old 10th August 2005
Here for the gear

behringer ultramizer

I wanted to use this piece of equipment to replace an aphex aural exciter
which gives too much BASS..in the mix. The aphex does have the tune
and mix feature knobs but it's causes the mic sound to be a little muddy!
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

I'm not saying that Behringer just makes crap. I prefer their noise gates and compressors (yes they are ol, does that matter?) to a lot of more expensive stuff.
BUT:
I once owned the Ultradyne which is the big brother of the Ultramizer and is sounded sooooo bad! Please don't buy it, use a plugin instead.
Old 11th March 2006
Gear Maniac

I would pass on that processor you would have better luck with their Dualaflex or some of their EQ's. My bud had that processor and added alot of noise to his recordings. I do own a few Behringer products myself the Bass V-amp, ADA8000micpre,Parametric EQ,and the Daulaflex(exciter) I use their so caaled crap all the time with great recording results. Alot of people in our area own Behringer products and don't have any problems with their so called crap I know their not the best but their not the worst neither. I just don't understand that alot of pro studio's and pro touring bands use their products I know Rush was one of their endroser. To me for a band like Rush to use their product's for their last tour they can't be that bad.BTW not all their stuff is crap I know a guitarist that uses their tube amp for live gigs for the past year in local clubs and never had any problems and sounds great.
Old 11th March 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosound
I know Rush was one of their endroser. To me for a band like Rush to use their product's for their last tour they can't be that bad..

Just curious, ..... where'd you see that ?
Old 11th March 2006
Gear Maniac

A issue of Guitar World and Electronic Musician it's old new's
Old 11th March 2006
Here for the gear

for generic livegigs (punkrock, cover-rock, etc....) the behringer multicom and the noisegates are allright-
some of the behringer main problems are the noise they produce when running - and the potis dont grip well.

in the early past, i had to use the ultracurve pro as a monitor EQ and i was super-satisfied. surprise.

but why/how does the aphex produce to much bass?
Old 24th December 2008
Lives for gear

in a digital environment, this unit can make your mix as loud as hell.
if your mix iz not strong enough, this unit will help it sound better.
the ad da of this unit iz crap tho it changes the sound, if u wanna use this to get "that loud sound", then u need to have an eq behind it to restore your sound back before u get it loud with ultramizer.

if u want to master some loud stuff with a low budget, then this is what u want.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search