The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Seeking mixer advice
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Nut

Seeking mixer advice

I'm toying with the idea of going to my old reel-to-reel 4-trk, and if I do this I'd need a 4-buss mixer with 6 or 8 mic pre's. Anyone up on their market knowledge and willing to throw in 2 cents?

I need to find something 'affordable', but am shying away from the Behringer offerings. Thanks for your info!

Sloom.
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Maniac

Used Allen Heath Mix Wizard 14:4:2 perhaps??

The 16:2 was aimed at live use, the 20:8:2 at recording and the 14:4:2 was nicely aimed in between the two with, for example, HP Filters and EQ in/out switches and so on, plus also had a few nifty tricks up its' sleeve to configure it as a 6 bus live monitor console .... so very vesatile, clean and I think a nice investment.
Probably get one for around 500 - 600 US$ ... ??

A nice CHEAP (used) console for this low end cheap type application for me is the Soundcraft Spirit SX which absolutley SMOKES the Berry-Crap. You get 12 XLR lines, direct outs and 100mm faders which is a big plus at this price.
I see them quite often around the 200 - 300 US$ region.

Just my 0.2c

Ciao
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Nut

Now that's what I'm talking about! Berry-crap, huh? Nice...

Heh. But no- I'll look into those items. Thanks for the word, Bones, that's a pretty good lead. And I just read your other reply (the 'Expanding I/O' one). I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and time.

Peace on ye,
Sloom.
Old 5th August 2005
Here for the gear

Soundcraft 200-series

The requirements are so minimal that a 200, 200b, 200 delta 8 input desk would work. I have a 200B with CPS 150 power supply and it's quite okay for the $150 that e-bay provided it for.

Karl

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search