The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
mackie control vs. tascam us2400
Old 2nd August 2005
Gear Maniac

mackie control vs. tascam us2400

hi anyone care to contrast and compare these two control surfaces? i'm wondering what would be best for controlling 24 tracks in my g5- digital performer.
thanks,
kurt
Old 2nd August 2005
Lives for gear

I almost bought a Mackie Control Universal last night, but didn't. Guitar Center said they had two in stock when I called. So when the salesman went to find one in the stock room, I noticed that they were both sitting in a glass case. One had a CD or DVD player propped up against it's faders. The other was less than pristine also.

[Edited so as to not offend any Guitar Center employees] Oh well. On another note, Tascam has a $200 rebate right now. Anyway, both of these surfaces have rather light faders. I've heard it said that it's a good thing you can revise fader moves on the Mackie, because it's hard to do a proper fade in the first place.

I really want a Mixed Logic M24 now, partly because it's well built. It's also almost $3,000. I guess you get what you pay for.

That said, I've read that the MCU has very good integration w/ Digital Performer. Here's a link to check out. Scroll down to the part about DP.

SOS Review of MCU

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search