The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mic Newbie!!
Old 30th July 2005
Here for the gear

Smile Mic Newbie!!

Hey you gearslutz. I'm back for more advice. Maybe in the future I can give some of my own back to the community. Anway, I have two questions to ask.

The first question deals with the MXL V67G and the AT-3035. I've read on the forums that the V67G is better for lower-mid applications (floor toms/gruff male vox), but no one has said much about the 3035. Which would be better for vocals (mostly male) and harmonica?

The second question is for the future. My goal is to be able to record a rock band (drums, bass, guitar) live, and other things (voice, melodica, cello, harmonica, harmonium, mandolin) to layer over. I would be using these mics for personal demo purposes, and not a studio per se (maybe a studio apartment once I get out of college) and as such, the mics shouldn't be too expenisve. I'll probably get an Audio-Technica ATM25, or Shure SM7b once I save up $$. Any other mic reccomendations for these purposes? For reference, I only have an SM57 and SM58 right now.

Thanks in advance!
Old 30th July 2005
Dig the 'nail gun accident' avatar!

Old 30th July 2005
Here for the gear

Wow, that was a quick response. Thanks! And I still can't believe the guy couldn't feel that nail.
Old 9th August 2005
Here for the gear

Unhappy :-(

anyone? should i change the title of the post? was it something i said?
Old 9th August 2005
More cowbell!

The 3035 is a fine mic, though something in the 4000 series might do you better.

I don't think the Marshall is just for low-mid applications, rather, it has a little bit more lower end response. You may be misunderstanding what is being said about it. Read more here:

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/ind...2e2c739b4ba5cf

Yes to the SM7.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search