The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
new t.bone ribbon mic
Old 26th July 2005
Gear Head

new t.bone ribbon mic

hi has anyone had chance to try out this new ribbon mic from t.bone? http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_artikel...0ecbdd2c98099f

I have an RB500and really like it, would love to grab this new RB700 but I just can't afford to part with the money right now. If anyone has tried it it would be cool to have some opinions on it.

cheers
Old 16th February 2006
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

I bought one, just because I was interested in Ribbon mics. It looks cool & is very cheap but it performs well as far as I can tell.

The other day I had a session with a tenor-saxophone player and I made three very different setups to try out:

CAD VX2 (OS125) - Great River ME-1NV Mic Pre
Brauner Valvet - DAC Mics Amp
T.bone RM700 - DAC Mics Amp

After a quick listen we chose the last setup because it just had the best sound for this project. Just to be safe I also left the far more expensive Brauner Valvet on during recording, just in case I needed all that (unnecessary) top-end!

I have tried it on vocals too, but for that I prefer the sound of my Tube Mics. But maybe with some (drastic) EQ you can make it work.

Hope this helps.
Martijn.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search