The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
soundcraft 200 infos needed
Old 4th November 2011
Here for the gear

Hi guys,

I am considering the purchase of an S200, for use as a live desk, for £200. I know that £200 is a good price, but does anybody have any comments or feedback they could give me about the use of this desk in a live situation? How does it stand up against more modern desks?

Cheers

Geoff.
Old 30th June 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by roly View Post
Hi
I think the fixed four stage was 60, 250, 5k,and 10k but it's been along time.
cheers
Roly
The HF is actually a 12k shelf per the manual posted earlier in this thread. But if that was from memory, kudos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffCarlin View Post
Hi guys,

I am considering the purchase of an S200, for use as a live desk, for £200. I know that £200 is a good price, but does anybody have any comments or feedback they could give me about the use of this desk in a live situation? How does it stand up against more modern desks?

Cheers

Geoff.
I have a clean 8 channel version of this console and I use it both in the studio and live. It's a little clunky and limited with the fixed EQ, but this thing blows away all the mid level consoles of today with sound quality.

The pres stack up to professional pres. Of course they aren't Neve's, but they are way better than Mackie or Presonus pres.

As stated earlier, the master outputs are out of phase (pin 3 hot) so I created a phase flip adapter to fix it.

Other than that, this thing is awesome and blows away the old mackie cr-1604 I sold for $250 to buy this Soundcraft for $300. Well worth the $50.
Old 30th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe Records View Post
Then, if it's a 200SR, Pin 3 is HOT and if it's a 200B/delta, Pin 2 is HOT.
I don't think so - just looked at the manuals for the Delta SR and the 200 Delta and they're both pin 2 hot according to the diagrams. Are the manuals wrong?

EDIT: - oh so i responded to a statement from 2005... woops.. and the OP's series200 isn't either of these anyway....
Old 10th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDAWstudio View Post

The pres stack up to professional pres. Of course they aren't Neve's, but they are way better than Mackie or Presonus pres.

Pulling out this old thread to ask for more info on preamps..
cause this board seems to be all over from low end to almost esoteric. and lately they go for decent money on ebay.

So - what are the preamps really? Manual posted earlier on this thread is low res, I can't really read the chips in preamp section.
Is it in Soundcraft's 80s tradition of putting TL072 in every preamp? Is there any sort of discrete front end?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search