The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer V-verb...
Old 3rd April 2009
Lives for gear

Behringer V-verb...

Well - I've seen a lot of people on this forum whose opinions I generally trust talking about the V-verb.. saying 'ignore the fact that it's cheap, and a Behringer.. it's really good'. They're blowing them out brand new for $79 at MF, so I bit.

Well - haven't tried it on a mix yet.. but first impressions are - wow, this thing doesn't sound like a cheapo reverb box. It's pretty damn smooth.

Anyone looking at cheap outboard - go grab one of these before they're gone. Seriously.
Old 4th April 2009
Lives for gear

Damn right. Not only is this a great sounding box (and I can't stand grainy reverb tails) but it's incredibly versatile with 2 separate stereo simulation "engines" that can be configured in many series, parallel and series/parallel signal flow combinations. It has a wonderfully intuitive user interface with actual KNOBS that offer deep control over a ton of parameters. Lot of I/O options so it makes a great A/D or D/A converter when run in bypass mode. 32 bit 96K processing. Oh, and did I say there is also a user defined, multi-band compressor mode that can work in series or parallel with the reverb?
This thing was a steal at its intro list price, but is a total no-brainer at the blow out price. A major box that has been overlooked because of the Behringer brand name. I've gotten a lot compliments on recordings made with some mod'd mics, a Mullard equipped ART MPA Gold and the V-Verb. It has been one of my secret weapons but I'm ready to sing its praises publicly.
Old 4th April 2009
Gear maniac
I just bought two of them, due to the rave reviews I've heard on here, plus the consumer feedback on Musician's Friend. I included the 36 month coverage at about $19 per unit so I'm covered if one goes bad. The only thing negative I've read about these units is that they don't seem to be very durable.
Old 4th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hedger View Post
I just bought two of them, due to the rave reviews I've heard on here, plus the consumer feedback on Musician's Friend. I included the 36 month coverage at about $19 per unit so I'm covered if one goes bad. The only thing negative I've read about these units is that they don't seem to be very durable.
No question the build quality seems a bit weak. There was some play in the jacks, and the chassis itself seems a little flimsy - but hey, if it works...
Old 4th April 2009
Lives for gear

Yup. These things are pretty cool.

I actually like some of the comp / limiter presets. Pretty cool effects. Great control with some really nice smaller / mid-sized room simulations.

Total sleeper.
Old 4th April 2009
Lives for gear

I love mine. I had put it on Ebay last week and started using it as an outboard AD converter into my EMU 1212M and I set it to use the 1212M clock. I go in to the 1212M digitally now through the Vverb and i sounds far better to use the Vverb outboard cnverters with the 1212 clock than it does to use the Pro tools converters on the 1212M while they are mounted inside the computer.

The reverbs are top notch also and I took it off Ebay before someone bought it, I'm keeping this unit, I love it.
Old 4th April 2009
Gear Addict

I have got two myself. One had problems with a crackling output. I sent it to Behringer USA and they replaced it with a new one, great service. I sold my Kurzweil Rumour when I bought the second one and bought more gear!
Old 4th April 2009
Lives for gear

if you want any decent time out of them always buy 2. most i come across dont even turn on.
Old 4th April 2009
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Joly View Post
Damn right. Not only is this a great sounding box (and I can't stand grainy reverb tails) but it's incredibly versatile with 2 separate stereo simulation "engines" that can be configured in many series, parallel and series/parallel signal flow combinations. It has a wonderfully intuitive user interface with actual KNOBS that offer deep control over a ton of parameters. Lot of I/O options so it makes a great A/D or D/A converter when run in bypass mode. 32 bit 96K processing. Oh, and did I say there is also a user defined, multi-band compressor mode that can work in series or parallel with the reverb?
This thing was a steal at its intro list price, but is a total no-brainer at the blow out price. A major box that has been overlooked because of the Behringer brand name. I've gotten a lot compliments on recordings made with some mod'd mics, a Mullard equipped ART MPA Gold and the V-Verb. It has been one of my secret weapons but I'm ready to sing its praises publicly.

yes. exactly what I would have said (except non-modded mics are all I have currently).

rrreat verb box. that price is AMAZING. I wish I hadn't sold mine....
Old 4th April 2009
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffguitar View Post
I love mine. I had put it on Ebay last week and started using it as an outboard AD converter into my EMU 1212M and I set it to use the 1212M clock. I go in to the 1212M digitally now through the Vverb and i sounds far better to use the Vverb outboard cnverters with the 1212 clock than it does to use the Pro tools converters on the 1212M while they are mounted inside the computer.

The reverbs are top notch also and I took it off Ebay before someone bought it, I'm keeping this unit, I love it.
the converters are excellent in that unit. that's one department where berry has mastered the low end - conversion quality.
Old 4th April 2009
Lives for gear

I keep meaning to pick one of these up. Thx for the reminder!
Old 5th April 2009
Gear Addict

I ordered on earlier today. I hope I like it. BTW, what's with those S/PDIF jacks that look like ADAT cable as opposed to the RCA ones? I guess I'll have to use it Analog with my Digi 002r and Rosetta 800.
Old 5th April 2009
Gear Guru
It's got professional AES digital i/o on XLRs (which even the Kurzweil Rumour doesn't have). In case you don't have pro stuff, you can convert them to unbalanced coaxial consumer s/pdif using a cable or ideally the Neutrik transformers. It's got optical s/pdif if you need it. So as far as features and sound, it's very professional.

I didn't like the analog converters, but if you use digital i/o it's an excellent effects box - better reverbs than software for sure.
Old 5th April 2009
Lives for gear

does it do delays as well?
Old 5th April 2009
Gear Addict

Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Phaser and Compressor.
Old 5th April 2009
Lives for gear

With multi-band series / parallel patchable architecture. For delay use you can emulate tape HF roll-off on successive iterations. really sick box.
Old 5th April 2009
Gear nut

This box rules, period. Unbelievable steal, i got mine for 96 euro's at the time.
Old 5th April 2009
Gear Addict

Just a practical question as far as hookup and operation. I'm using a digi 002r with an apogee rosetta 800. ADAT in and out of the digi connected to the rosetta, using the rosetta's clock via lightpipe. So let's say I connect the V-verb to the 002r via S/PDIF with AES-RCA cables. If I set the 002 to clock externally to the Rosetta, and tell the V-verb to accept clocking from Dig, will everything be sync'd up to the Rosetta?
Old 5th April 2009
Lives for gear

Thanks a lot guys, there go four more Jacksons a-flying out of my wallet...
Old 6th April 2009
Lives for gear

Vs Rumor?

How does it compare to the Kurzweil Rumor? (soundwise)
Old 6th April 2009
Lives for gear

Wow... didn't expect such a rave.
So where would you say this box excelles ? Clean and transparent verb, like TC maybe ?
The reson I ask is because I kinda miss my M3000 since I sold it for a pcm96 (which I love btw)
Old 6th April 2009
Lives for gear

Honestly - for $80.. give it a shot.
Old 7th April 2009
Lives for gear

I just read about this thing and bought it on a whim a week ago. Totally worth it.

It is very very usable. None of the cheap verb artifacts in the high end, even on the brighter presets. Rich and musical.

I still prefer some of my TL Space presets if I am really featuring a verb in a mix, but this is my new general-duty verb.
Old 7th April 2009
Lives for gear
ummmmmmmmm.... anyone living in bellingham area willing to pick up and extra and I'll buy it from you next time I'm across the border?

I'm really starting to regret selling mine way back the more I read of everyone's love of it. I'm such a follower LoL

:-)

cheers,
Don
Old 7th April 2009
Gear Maniac

Smile where to buy from

where can i buy this unit from in the u.k its not been on sale over here for a while, is there anywhere over in the states that would ship to the u.k ? Thanks in advance any help would be great ! ! !
Old 8th April 2009
Lives for gear

I'm asking again:
How does this compare to Rumor?

I read on a different forum that some algos were "stolen" from Rumor; if it's true, it actually is a cheaper alternative to Rumor.

HERE'S THE POST
Old 8th April 2009
Lives for gear

Interesting - never heard of this box (but I don't usually check out Behri gear) but it sounds like they might have a winner. I might pick one up as I've been wanting a decent hardware effects box for a while.
Old 8th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran View Post
Interesting - never heard of this box (but I don't usually check out Behri gear) but it sounds like they might have a winner. I might pick one up as I've been wanting a decent hardware effects box for a while.
Go quickly - they're discontinued (apparently another lawsuit).
Old 8th April 2009
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggator6 View Post
Go quickly - they're discontinued (apparently another lawsuit).
So, people are saying that the Kurzweil Rumor, which came out AFAIK in Sep 03, was totally reverse engineered by the evil B so quickly that they put out a press release in Jan 04 that the v-verb would ship in the spring? We know that Behringer has copied products, this doesn't seem like it. Five years is pretty long for the lifespan of a Behringer DSP product.
Old 9th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quonset Hut View Post
We know that Behringer has copied products, this doesn't seem like it. Five years is pretty long for the lifespan of a Behringer DSP product.
Why?
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search