The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sync problems with Motu 2408 MK2
Old 21st July 2005
Sync problems with Motu 2408 MK2

Hi there

I finally got all my studio gear, but when I'm testing my Motu 2408 Mk2 with a Behringer ADA8000 there's a huge sync fail. The ASIO test fail (I've managed to make it OK when I increased the buffersize), it shouldn't be like that. It works when I record everything in one take, but the second take has bit of delay. I can't keep on recording like this. Any advice? I've tried with WordClock Cabel, but this wouldn't help.

This is my settup:

Computer with Motu 2408 Mk2 with ADAT i/o to Behringer ADA8000.

The Motu record 8 mono inn at 44KHz with output from computer.

Computer: 2,2GHz, 512MB DDR RAM PC3200, 40GB 8MB Catch ++
Old 21st July 2005
what software are you using?
sounds like you have plug in compensation issues. I suspect a software problem as opposed to hardware.

In cubase/nuendo (older versions) If you have a bunch of plugins on the master fader, your overdubs will be slightly off time.
Try doing overdubs with no plugs on at all, then add them in one at a time until you find the offender.
impulse modelers are particularly bad about this
Old 21st July 2005
I'm using Nuendo 3. I'm not using any plugins, I don't even mix on this computer. This will be done on another computer when I'm finnished with recording. I've also modified windows XP using http://www.musicxp.net/ tips. The computer should be strong enough. I've heard that Motu used to have problems with VIA chipsset, but this should be before 1999. I got a MSI KT6 Delta motherboard.
Old 21st July 2005
Lives for gear

When you say "output from computer" do you mean the computer soundcard? Try sending the output through the 2408. Remove the computer sound card altogether.
Old 21st July 2005
hehe, no. the setting in Motu 2408 concole manager says "from computer" which mean that the sound from computer comes through the motu soundcard.
Old 21st July 2005
Im running solid with a via chipset for a couple of years now.
You've stumped me. I haven't worked with Nuendo 3 yet (the $2500 price tag is putting me off) *I still think that it is a buffer/plugin compensation related issue since you don't have the problem during your initial tracking. How are you monitoring?
Also just to throw it out there, are you using the "motu asio driver" in your "multitrack setup" dialog or are you using the general ASIO settings? If not I would suspect that is the problem, sorry if that is painfully obvious, I have no idea of your level of expertise in NUendo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search