The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 22nd March 2007
Gear Maniac

I'd like to say that I have a Behringer Vacuum cleaner that doesn't suck.

PS
If someone's already made this joke here Sorry, I just coudn't be bothered reading 8 pages on Behr...

Actually I used an Ultrafex in 96 on many electronic mixes, and, used in careful moderation...it was pretty good.
Old 22nd March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutze View Post
I'd like to say that I have a Behringer Vacuum cleaner that doesn't suck.

PS
If someone's already made this joke here Sorry, I just coudn't be bothered reading 8 pages on Behr...
This is the third time.
Old 23rd March 2007
Gear Head

Measurement Mic EMC8000(?). Flat and very useful for the price (around 50 bucks).
Cheers
Old 23rd March 2007
Lives for gear

Not sure if I've given my list of big B gear yet, but here it is:

-Truth 2031 monitors: after treating my room a bit my mixes translate very well.
-Their 16 input line mixer: nothing special, and it would be nice if it were balanced, but very handy and clean.
-ECM8000 (2)
-B1: surprisingly versatile condenser.
-C2 pair: thin sounding, but work fine in a pinch as an extra OH, or trashy room mics, and for the price I use them with a big smile!
-The Bass DI (never remember model number): the grey plastic one with the amp simulation. Sounds PHAT!
-The micro hum destroyer thingies (4). These guys work wonders for matching balanced to unbalanced gear, or for getting rid of ground loops and hum. I even have one in my living room between my TV box and the sound system. Dirt cheap too.
-That tiny double DI: don't use it much, but is has saved my ass many times for live stuff.

I have never had a piece of Behringer gear break down on me, nor do I personally know anyone with a bad thing to say about their B gear. Some of the gear mentioned above has been out to clubs several times, or on-location recording. Also never has a session been delayed or slowed down because a piece of Behringer gear.

But clearly, YMMV.
Old 23rd March 2007
Gear Guru

If all you need is decent pres and ADAT out, the ADA8000 is the best peice of cheap gear eva!
Old 24th March 2007
Gear Maniac

yes, i have 3 ada8000 to record live (2 + 1 if one breaks). once one broke but it was in guarantee so i got another new. nice.

i own also a pair of truth 2031 (the first model now discontinued) in my home. very good sounding for the price, IMO better than their competitors

i also like the racktuner btr2000!! it looks very cool and if you find a good place in the studio where you and the artist can see it is very usefull.

d.i. boxes are usable and... the denoiser snr2000 is usefull too in some situations. i'm seeing in the web it's also discountinued..

that's all i think but i don't dislike behringer.
Old 24th March 2007
Here for the gear

I haven't owned B gear but what I've used has been great for the money.Kind of like Wal-mart stuff. Pro's would probably never use it and it probably won't win awards but for most of us it will get the job done.
Old 27th March 2007
Gear Guru

The cable tester is great, the rest is pretty bad.
Old 28th March 2007
Deleted 8456dd3
Behringer suck ass

No Behringer gear will ever be OK in my book. I hate the company, they rip off other peoples designs and pass them on as their own. No imagination of their own...
Some of their patchbays look OK, but i wouldnt buy gear from them on principle. tutt

dfegad Behringer can suck my ass!
Old 30th March 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJB06 View Post
No Behringer gear will ever be OK in my book. I hate the company, they rip off other peoples designs and pass them on as their own. No imagination of their own...
Some of their patchbays look OK, but i wouldnt buy gear from them on principle. tutt

dfegad Behringer can suck my ass!
Wow, thanks for the contribution
Old 30th March 2007
Lives for gear

Seen the new Behringer monitors at musikmesse?
Pretty much a rip off of Adam A7's.
Old 30th March 2007
Lives for gear

Aren't pretty much all behringer rip-offs? I looked at the new BCF and my first thought was "hey, they're doing a Mackie!"
Old 30th March 2007
Here for the gear

ADA8000 CT100 there pack of 3 mics

Hello,

Just thought that this deseves yer another bigup for the ADA8000!

Also I have the Cable Tester - which is just really really usefull!

and finally - I will probably get some oposition to this - but for cheap additional mics needed for a live stage - there pack of 3 mics for £25 is a bargin - I've got them as some additional mics and have not problems with them - true - i would prefer to use SM58's but...

Peter
Old 30th March 2007
Lives for gear

1. Truth monitors

2 The little $30 DI box is killer for bass - I didn't believe it either, having been brainwashed I needed to spend 10x to 50x that much to make a Fender bass sound like a Fender bass.

3 Headphone amp Kinda nice if you need to have 15 people sing at the same time to be able to do it for $80 or so.

4) Vampire guitar amp Lotsa good amp models and a Jensen speaker for the price of a couple of lift tickets; also has option to go straight to disk.

I'll let others disparage Behringer, they've provided good utility for me.
Old 30th March 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggg View Post
2 The little $30 DI box is killer for bass - I didn't believe it either, having been brainwashed I needed to spend 10x to 50x that much to make a Fender bass sound like a Fender bass.
Which one? http://www.behringer.com/02_products...H1=BASS%20GEAR
Old 30th March 2007
Lives for gear
The behringer v-verb is a truly excellent reverb rack unit. I expect the only thing wrong with it is that it was built in a cheap factory so pots, jacks, and product testing are going to be less than ideal, and that's certainly been my experience (pots and jacks need a bit of babying and regular cleaning).

This unit is somewhat more believable and warmer and more 3 dimensional sounding than my two lexicon units (don't recall numbers here but they're not mxp200s or anything, one I think is 500 and the other I don't recall, but good sounding just very lexicony sounding I guess if you want that sound).

If fact my Kurzweil Rumour is what it's closest to in sound (and in some ways, features) and the rumour costs about 2.5 to 3 times the cost of a new non-discounted v-verb.

Along with the bcf-2000 I use every day to control pro-tools with I'd put the v-verb at the top of my list of the best, professional sounding recording devices I own (other than mics since I own too many mics so I'll just keep them out of the equation), irrelevant of price or company. And I do own some nice gear, but more importantly the gear I rent and borrow in my studio is very high end and the berry v-verb is equal in every way to it in terms of usefulness, user interface, and pristine sound quality. I owned it for a while but it wasn't until my kurzweil was out on a remote gig and I needed to mix a session in my studio that I realized oh sh*t I don't have my rumour! So I used the berry and lexicons, ended up with 100% berry v-verb in the mix and from that day on I've always tried both the rumour and the v-verb together for every vocal I mix.

I think I might buy a second one now since, well, it's behringer, so it might just die one day, their quality from my experience is equal to mackie, alesis, etc (actually I prefer it's build quality to some alesis gear) but quite inferior to big companies like drawmer, focusrite, urei, etc, so I don't expect it to be invincible or even repairable if something dies in it. Just toss it and replace it.

Cheers,
Don
Old 31st March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityRobert View Post
Which one?
http://www.behringer.com/BDI21/index.cfm?lang=ENG

This is the one I mentioned earlier. Great bass tone, regardless of price.
Old 31st March 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelley View Post
The behringer v-verb is a truly excellent reverb rack unit. I expect the only thing wrong with it is that it was built in a cheap factory so pots, jacks, and product testing are going to be less than ideal, and that's certainly been my experience (pots and jacks need a bit of babying and regular cleaning).

This unit is somewhat more believable and warmer and more 3 dimensional sounding than my two lexicon units (don't recall numbers here but they're not mxp200s or anything, one I think is 500 and the other I don't recall, but good sounding just very lexicony sounding I guess if you want that sound).

If fact my Kurzweil Rumour is what it's closest to in sound (and in some ways, features) and the rumour costs about 2.5 to 3 times the cost of a new non-discounted v-verb.

Along with the bcf-2000 I use every day to control pro-tools with I'd put the v-verb at the top of my list of the best, professional sounding recording devices I own (other than mics since I own too many mics so I'll just keep them out of the equation), irrelevant of price or company. And I do own some nice gear, but more importantly the gear I rent and borrow in my studio is very high end and the berry v-verb is equal in every way to it in terms of usefulness, user interface, and pristine sound quality. I owned it for a while but it wasn't until my kurzweil was out on a remote gig and I needed to mix a session in my studio that I realized oh sh*t I don't have my rumour! So I used the berry and lexicons, ended up with 100% berry v-verb in the mix and from that day on I've always tried both the rumour and the v-verb together for every vocal I mix.

I think I might buy a second one now since, well, it's behringer, so it might just die one day, their quality from my experience is equal to mackie, alesis, etc (actually I prefer it's build quality to some alesis gear) but quite inferior to big companies like drawmer, focusrite, urei, etc, so I don't expect it to be invincible or even repairable if something dies in it. Just toss it and replace it.

Cheers,
Don
I'm in agreement that it's a very, very nice box (for the cash, of course). Hard to get here in the UK now, they've been "discontinued" in europe, probably because of excessive lead-solder content and the fact that there are environmental regulations on electronics for sale in the EU as of earlier this year.

It's the only Behringer piece I own, and probably ever will, but I think it sounds lovely.
Old 1st April 2007
Lives for gear

Regarding the $30 DI box and the great bass tone, unfortunately I bought mine 5 years ago and it was stolen (long story) so I don't have the model number, but the previous poster was probably right since he knows it sounds great too.

All I can say is that I had just started digital recording but was getting outstanding mileage out of a Focusrite Green 5 for everything under the sun BUT regular old Fender bass. It sounded just god awful for bass despite having a rep for being a good DI piece. SOS lauded its bass tone, for example.

When I sought advice, everyone I asked told me about all the esoteric stuff on earth. The owner of my local music store said take this home and try it. I said "how much?" He said "Thirty dollars." Well, I knew it had to suck, but I humored him since he was an old friend.

Put in a battery, plugged the darn thing into my system, and instant round, thumping, throbbing, fat, lush, phallic Fender bass. Excuse the cliche, but just about the best $30 I ever spent. . .

p.s. some people like the B cheapo twin tube preamp for warming up modeled guitar sounds. . . haven't tried it personally, but the person who recommended it is intimately familiar with Groove Tubes Vipres et al and was perfectly happy with the B piece.
Old 1st April 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post
http://www.behringer.com/BDI21/index.cfm?lang=ENG

This is the one I mentioned earlier. Great bass tone, regardless of price.
this one is a rip off the Sansamp Bass DI Driver from Tech 21.
I listened to both (I own a Tech21 BDI) side to side and for the price I recommend the Behringer one for live sessions, since the sound doesn't worth the price difference.
Old 1st April 2007
Gear Maniac

Behringer B2030 TRUTH monitors. Damn good for the price in my opinion.
Old 1st April 2007
Gear Addict

How is the Behringer Digital Equalizer DEQ1024 doing it?
Old 19th April 2007
Here for the gear

ADA8000 doesn't suck if you clock it externally
& use it only for line-level I/O.

Do not under any circumstances use the mic pre's...
Old 19th April 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Varaldo View Post
Nobody has any comment on this review of the MX9000 though?
Yeah, I read the review, and actually, I think the MX9000 mixer is far better than some people want to admit, especially for the money. IMHO, if you want a good mixer and aren't afraid to admit you own a piece of Behringer equipment, then go for it. More times than not, it's far better than the talent or tracks being mixed through it.
Old 20th April 2007
Here for the gear

I use in a (live situation) with a very nice RCF/ EV rig: Behringer DI boxes (8 of), a digital graphic and compressors (both old ones and new ones).

Whilst they are not of the standard of Klark Technic or Drawmer, I can get the desired result, which is the bottom line.

I also use a powerplay headphone amp for recording. This is the thing that bothers me. It sounds thin and weedy, no matter what headphones are attached.

Maybe I am the execption to the rule, but I have made a living with these "budget" items for quite some time (15 years)

Admittedly some of their stuff is crap. I personally don't think they would know a decent reverb, or delay, from a piece of driftwood.
I have an open mind. If it does the job, it does the job. Some of what they do hits the spot, some of it misses by a mile. I also think the some of the gear that is considered "industry standard" is substandard, but well hyped.

Have you ever come across a bad Audix microphone? Are Shure the best for live stuff? Do Beta87s feedback forever?

I have my finger on the "buy it now" button at this very moment for an audix D6...........
Old 20th April 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidklash View Post
Yeah, I read the review, and actually, I think the MX9000 mixer is far better than some people want to admit, especially for the money. IMHO, if you want a good mixer and aren't afraid to admit you own a piece of Behringer equipment, then go for it. More times than not, it's far better than the talent or tracks being mixed through it.
Well, after using the above, i shall be objective.

Awful. Noisy. Dreadful EQ, Wobbly pots and faders. And i'm not afraid to admit to owning more that a few bits of Behringer kit, which I love.

i'm afraid that your "talent" must be...um....errrr.........NEXT!
Old 20th April 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
I personally don't think they would know a decent reverb, or delay, from a piece of driftwood.
Behringer makes one of the best rack digital modelling reverbs deals you can get, competitive with kurzweil and other studio standard units at a fraction of the price (I own both and use them both professionally every day). check out the v-verb, it's like $249 or something generally and worth every penny.

Their older reverb units sucked though, yea :-)

Cheers,
Don
Old 20th April 2007
Gear Head

The small stone EHX copy is really nice.

Vintage phaser VP1 costs 39€. It will be hard to beat for this creamy phaser !

AMPLIFICATION INSTRUMENTS - PEDALES D'EFFET - VINTAGE PHASER VP1 : Authentique Phase Shifter de type vintage

the MXR phaser 90 is gonna be out really soon too:

AMPLIFICATION INSTRUMENTS - PEDALES D'EFFET - PHASER PH9 : Phase-shifter traditionnel Ã* 90°

PHaser PH9

can't wait to buy one for 35€

the bigg-muff-like EHX copy is nice too:

AMPLIFICATION INSTRUMENTS - PEDALES D'EFFET - VINTAGE DISTORTION VD1 : Authentique distorsion/sustaineur de type vintage

costs 45€

the bass ball will rock too:
AMPLIFICATION INSTRUMENTS - PEDALES D'EFFET - VINTAGE BASS VB1 : Double filtre dynamique vintage
for 45€

they are going to realease the mythical dyna comp clone too:

AMPLIFICATION INSTRUMENTS - PEDALES D'EFFET - DYNAMICS COMPRESSOR DC9 : Compresseur dynamique classique
DYNAMICS COMPRESSOR DC9
that will cost 35€ ... hard to beat too.

these stomp box are really nice beacause they are made with metal folded sheets. the plastic stomp by behringer are plug-and-break stuffs.
Old 20th April 2007
Lives for gear

Edison, sounds pretty good to me anyways.
Old 20th April 2007
Gear Maniac

One really useful product they make is their distro amp...I forgot what it is called but I use it to take two pre sends from my console and split them into four outputs which go to four channels of 1/3 Octave EQ to run a bunch of monitors for rehearsal. I can pan each input to get a mix of the two sends or pan it hard to get just one send.

It was $99 and all the other solutions I was looking at were stupidly expensive, and considering it's for stage monitors driven by Mackie M1400i's it does a pretty good job.

Analogeezer

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search