The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 4th December 2016
  #1141
Here for the gear
 
Ultragod's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianpb View Post
Well it's such a pity those contact numbers were not on the Behringer website when the diaphragm of my B-1 microphone went faulty and...
Another very important issue is Behringer no longer makes any literature or specifications or any other details about their older discontinued products on their web site! It's like they pretend the stuff never even existed. So if you have say an old Behringer DEQ1024 equalizer and want to download a manual or nice photos of it for your ***** list' web page or whatever, U R on your own! That's TOTALLY lame and kills a lot of repeat business. There are plenty of manufacturers who stand behind their products. Just because you offer the manual for download does not obligate you to provide 'customer service time' to them. Get real, Behringer.
Old 5th December 2016
  #1142
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomer View Post
Just a personal experience.
I bought the ADA8200.
And it sucked. Turned out the (internal) power supply is ****. I had mains hum on every input channel even with nothing connected and ADAT out. But i managed to fix it with a different power supply.

At the same time i also bought the XR12 mixer box.
And that one doesn't suck!
I'm actually very very surprised how well it sounds for such a cheap ass mixer!
Dear monomer,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. The ADA8200 is one of our best-selling units and as you can see the customer ratings on Sweetwater and Thomann are very favorable.

Behringer ADA8200 | Sweetwater.com
https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_..._ultragain.htm

We are surprised about your comment that you “changed the power supply”. The ADA8200 has an internal switching power supply which is now to be changed. Could you please share with us how you managed it?

We are more than happy to offer service through our Care facilities and we like to mention that all our products have a limited 3-Year Warranty Program..

Let’s keep in touch,

Sam Daniel
Specialist, Care
MUSIC
Behringer
Old 5th December 2016
  #1143
Lives for gear
 
monomer's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Daniel View Post
We are surprised about your comment that you “changed the power supply”. The ADA8200 has an internal switching power supply which is now to be changed. Could you please share with us how you managed it?
Hahaha, Behrigher fallout control! I am honored!

Well, i simply measured the voltages (which are +5v, +15V -15V and +59V).
I happened to have a suitable supply (i don't need the phantom) so i soldered the new supply to the cable of the old one (which i cut free).
Actually i use +12V/-12V but that shouldn't matter.
(To whomever reads this: Don't do this if you don't know what you're doing! It will also void your warranty!)

And guess what, no more mains hum!

Just to elaborate on the hum i had, the problem starts when you use all input channels (i was not concerned with the outputs but it should apply to them as well). Then the hum on all channels stacks and the total becomes too much. Especially if you use compressors on the captured signal (which is not unheared of in music production ). It really is a problem.

When examining the original supply i noticed that 3 of the larger capacitors started bulging slightly. Either there is a design flaw in the supply or the caps were just too cheap.

I strongly suggest you upgrade this converter with a better power supply. Even if it would make the price $50 higher it would be worth it. But i don't think good caps cost that much, huh? Anyway, if you fix this it would be a better product!

PS: Oh, and switching power supplies are EVIL!
Old 6th December 2016
  #1144
nowdays almost all behri stuff are solid, and really good for the price range of each one....is it better than any of the "famous" brands on each category? hell no...in this life you get what you pay always...it might not be dead obvious but it the differencies are there, but for an amateur or semi pro it's a cheap way to make it happen and if you got the knowledge you can make it work,live or in the studiio
Old 7th December 2016
  #1145
Lives for gear
 
3rd Degree's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniis35 View Post
nowdays almost all behri stuff are solid, and really good for the price range of each one....is it better than any of the "famous" brands on each category? hell no...in this life you get what you pay always...it might not be dead obvious but it the differencies are there, but for an amateur or semi pro it's a cheap way to make it happen and if you got the knowledge you can make it work,live or in the studiio
I have not owned a single Behringer unit in years but I agree. I don't recall what I wrote when I first entered this thread but sound quality was never my issue with Behringer gear. Reliability was. Every single piece I owned didn't completely fail, but it would become unreliable. On my small mixer, the left channel started dropping out randomly, a compressor, the meters worked intermittently. Those types of issues, not catastrophic but almost more irritating because it's hard to replace something that works 80% of the time until you really are making a pretty substantial upgrade. With Behringer at the time I owned some pieces, the upgrade was 2-4x as much for something marginally better but more reliable and 5-10x for a substantial upgrade so it was easy for me to keep using it, but be incredibly frustrated doing so.

I am no Behringer hater, though it left a bad taste in my mouth so I likely won't go back but everyone I know has had a much more reliable product. It seems once they redid their logo to what it is now, the reliability has seemingly gone up. I know people who own the stuff and can actually trust it, people on the net verify that.

It sounds better as well. It's still entry level but some pieces I owned were what I would consider "consumer level", and now I feel the are a solid "prosumer level" brand, with many pieces seemingly being above that.

I personally won't buy again as I don't have any "holes to fill" so anything would be a downgrade but I would be much more excited to start a studio with Behringer gear in 2016, compared to 2004-2006 when I was filling my first studio out.
Old 7th December 2016
  #1146
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomer View Post
Hahaha, Behrigher fallout control! I am honored!

Well, i simply measured the voltages (which are +5v, +15V -15V and +59V).
I happened to have a suitable supply (i don't need the phantom) so i soldered the new supply to the cable of the old one (which i cut free).
Actually i use +12V/-12V but that shouldn't matter.
(To whomever reads this: Don't do this if you don't know what you're doing! It will also void your warranty!)

And guess what, no more mains hum!

Just to elaborate on the hum i had, the problem starts when you use all input channels (i was not concerned with the outputs but it should apply to them as well). Then the hum on all channels stacks and the total becomes too much. Especially if you use compressors on the captured signal (which is not unheared of in music production ). It really is a problem.

When examining the original supply i noticed that 3 of the larger capacitors started bulging slightly. Either there is a design flaw in the supply or the caps were just too cheap.

I strongly suggest you upgrade this converter with a better power supply. Even if it would make the price $50 higher it would be worth it. But i don't think good caps cost that much, huh? Anyway, if you fix this it would be a better product!

PS: Oh, and switching power supplies are EVIL!
Dear monomer,

Thank you for your update and sharing your experience.
This is certainly not something we have encountered thus far, and we would be interested to know the serial number of the unit – please can you share that with us?

As mentioned we offer a 3 year limited warranty program, and would have been happy to help with servicing your unit – please can I check, did you contact us for service?

If you wish to discuss this in more detail, either I or one of our other Specialists are eager to help and you can reach us at [email protected] or on +1-702-800-8290 (USA, PST).

Thank you.

Let’s keep in touch,

Sam Daniel
Specialist, Care
MUSIC
Behringer
Old 7th December 2016
  #1147
Gear Addict
 
Michael Lapke's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragod View Post
Another very important issue is Behringer no longer makes any literature or specifications or any other details about their older discontinued products on their web site! It's like they pretend the stuff never even existed. So if you have say an old Behringer DEQ1024 equalizer and want to download a manual or nice photos of it for your ***** list' web page or whatever, U R on your own! That's TOTALLY lame and kills a lot of repeat business. There are plenty of manufacturers who stand behind their products. Just because you offer the manual for download does not obligate you to provide 'customer service time' to them. Get real, Behringer.
Hi Ultragod,

We genuinely appreciate the great feedback from you and the rest of the Gearslutz community. Our ultimate goal is to be constantly trying to improve our website and just I wanted to let everyone here know that that these documents/downloads of older discontinued / legacy products were previously removed because of a automation bug in our system. The problem is currently being corrected and we expect to have product documentation, downloadable content and more available for these types of products available again on our website in the very near future.

In the meantime, customers can always reach out to our CARE department directly to get any product documentation or downloads we have available that you can't find on our website. You can reach us by phone at 702-800-8290 (US) or +44 1562 732290 (UK) or send us an email to [email protected] and one of our technical CARE specialists will be glad to assist you.

Let’s keep in touch,

Michael Lapke
Specialist, Community
MUSIC
BEHRINGER
Old 13th December 2016
  #1148
Gear Addict
 
Michael Lapke's Avatar
 

Hi All,

As promised, a number of discontinued / legacy products have been put back up on the BEHRINGER Website, including the DEQ1024, and are now available to view. Thanks again for the helpful feedback.

Best,

Michael Lapke
Specialist, Community
MUSIC
BEHRINGER
Old 13th December 2016
  #1149
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lapke View Post
Hi All,

As promised, a number of discontinued / legacy products have been put back up on the BEHRINGER Website, including the DEQ1024, and are now available to view. Thanks again for the helpful feedback.

Best,

Michael Lapke
Specialist, Community
MUSIC
BEHRINGER
Great! Much appreciated!


By the way ... the title of this thread........ lol Maybe a new thread could be made or this one renamed? Im not affiliated with behringer and i don't currently own any behringer gear but i still find it offensive
Old 13th December 2016
  #1150
Deleted e999d8e
Guest
The only Behringer hardware I use on a regular basis is the 1002B mixer. But, for its size, it's the most versatile mixer I've used so far.

Last edited by Deleted e999d8e; 13th December 2016 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: grammatical error
Old 13th December 2016
  #1151
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragod View Post
Another very important issue is Behringer no longer makes any literature or specifications or any other details about their older discontinued products on their web site! It's like they pretend the stuff never even existed. So if you have say an old Behringer DEQ1024 equalizer and want to download a manual or nice photos of it for your ***** list' web page or whatever, U R on your own! That's TOTALLY lame and kills a lot of repeat business. There are plenty of manufacturers who stand behind their products. Just because you offer the manual for download does not obligate you to provide 'customer service time' to them. Get real, Behringer.
That is why the waybackmachine located at archive.org is handy for this.
Old 10th April 2017
  #1152
been using live the X-18 for a couple of monts...man for it's costs...its awesome...beats hands own the competition...
Old 10th April 2017
  #1153
Lives for gear
 
nomoreflakes's Avatar
 

Actually their class D powered 15" PA speakers are, thankfully, fantastic. Bu then again, with that sort of market share, they should be.
Old 5th June 2017
  #1154
Here for the gear
 
SquirrelMusic's Avatar
 

My exp with Behringer Gear

Powerplay Pro 8 Headphone Amp.

Pros
direct input/output per channel
sound quality (I know right)
front panel on/off

Cons
Earth Loop issue with my Mackie Onyx 1640i. To identify earth loop issue, I cut the earth pin on a double piggy back socket (as a TEST ONLY) and the PowerPlay Pro 8 was dead quite, it was lovely BUT not a lasting experience :( Off to audio gear sparky this week to try and get a permanent fix

HA400 Headphone Amp

Pros
works with anything I plug in to it (no hum/noise)
price point

xenyx QU802

Pros
L and R main outs are dedicated separate mono feeds so you can pan all inputs to a L or R out and utilise the 2 independent audio feeds. (I split singers mic and acoustic guitar using the mixer as a smart DI)
FX Sends gives you a 2nd independent audio out feed from the mains out
Clean headphones out sound, no hum or noise from all outputs.
price point (especially 2nd hand now)

Eurolive B115D speaker
Pros
It goes fine, plenty of juice, I think from memory 1000watt peak power.
Price Point
angled sides for wedge like fold back experience

Cons
it's a noisy speaker at rest with nothing plugged in it once you push the speaker pot past 50% volume lvl..

For me, my Behringer gear supports my rehearsal room needs only without the big $'s price tag... It also means that, I've stopped stripping down most of my rehearsal room every time we go out and play.

hope that helps someone
Old 5th June 2017
  #1155
The Behringer UMC204HD soundcard: https://www.music-group.com/Categori...C204HD/p/P0BK0

Amazing value for money
Old 5th June 2017
  #1156
Lives for gear
 
ponzi's Avatar
Props to Behringer for getting on gearslutz and defusing some of the issues--gotta be a bitter pill to see that thread title and wade through the vitreol. Whenever the adjectives get a bit over-wrought, I conclude that careless thinking may be at work.

So, one anecdote on the subject of behringer: I agreed to help a family member by selling some of their abandoned equipment from a garage band on craigslist. One item was a behringer powered mixer. Well, I thought it would not command much of a price due to the behringer reputation for inexpensiveness. Well, dude comes over and he is all jazzed up by the behringer powered mixer (and two speakers) and bought it. He said that his personal experience was that he had Mackie powered mixers fail on him a couple of times, but his behringer gear has never failed him. Well, live and learn.
Old 6th June 2017
  #1157
Lives for gear
 
norfolk martin's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzi View Post
Props to Behringer for getting on gearslutz and defusing some of the issues--gotta be a bitter pill to see that thread title and wade through the vitreol. Whenever the adjectives get a bit over-wrought, I conclude that careless thinking may be at work.

So, one anecdote on the subject of behringer: I agreed to help a family member by selling some of their abandoned equipment from a garage band on craigslist. One item was a behringer powered mixer. Well, I thought it would not command much of a price due to the behringer reputation for inexpensiveness. Well, dude comes over and he is all jazzed up by the behringer powered mixer (and two speakers) and bought it. He said that his personal experience was that he had Mackie powered mixers fail on him a couple of times, but his behringer gear has never failed him. Well, live and learn.
This can happen

I recently gave a friend my 20-year-old Behringer MX 8000 to use temporarily in his rehearsal room. The reason - the power supply in his Mackie board had failed for the second time in the same period, and I won't have time to repair the Mackie for a few weeks.
Old 6th June 2017
  #1158
Lives for gear
 
ponzi's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolk martin View Post
This can happen

I recently gave a friend my 20-year-old Behringer MX 8000 to use temporarily in his rehearsal room. The reason - the power supply in his Mackie board had failed for the second time in the same period, and I won't have time to repair the Mackie for a few weeks.
When I played in a worship group, they had to replace their Mackie 1604 used within the band because it failed--I suggested doing some shopping for a different brand, but they were scared to try anything new. They had a Mackie 24 8 buss in the back and some of the busses and channels had failed, but they managed to keep nursing it along by moving things to channels and busses that were still working--it was a static configuration--all anyone did was ride the faders.

So, now that you mention it...

I have had a few mackies including using a Mackie big knob passive right now, and never had a problem myself.
Old 7th June 2017
  #1159
Lives for gear
 
norfolk martin's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzi View Post
When I played in a worship group, they had to replace their Mackie 1604 used within the band because it failed--I suggested doing some shopping for a different brand, but they were scared to try anything new. They had a Mackie 24 8 buss in the back and some of the busses and channels had failed, but they managed to keep nursing it along by moving things to channels and busses that were still working--it was a static configuration--all anyone did was ride the faders.

So, now that you mention it...

I have had a few mackies including using a Mackie big knob passive right now, and never had a problem myself.
Last time I fixed the Mackie (I think it was a 2404) , the Molex connector from the power supply had gone HR and melted. I soldered the wires directly to the board, so I'm pretty sure it won't be that this time.
Old 8th June 2017
  #1160
Lives for gear
 
vernier's Avatar
I like some of their guitar pedals ..one in particular I sometimes use in the studio.
Old 29th August 2017
  #1161
Here for the gear
 
Ultragod's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Lapke View Post
Hi Derp, products.
Hey jack azz, post manuals & details 4 all of your past Behringer products so people R not scared off from ever buying your $hit again 'kuz U try 2 pretend it never even existed. What a freaking sick joke... 'buy our stuff, but make sure you don't expect us 2 stand behind it, because we will pretend we don't even know WTF U R talking about" U don't even have the most basic $hit like a manual database for past items, like your rack EQs = PATHETIC! Never buying N E thing Behringer ever again. U R ANTI-USER!!!
Old 16th May 2019
  #1162
Here for the gear
 

I own a PMP6000 mixer, a B1200d Pro active sub, a pair of F1220d powered monitors, a B1220 Pro loudspeaker, and a Multicom Pro XL-MDX4600. I haven't had one single problem with any of it to date. I'm looking forward to adding another sub/loudspeaker combo and even an amp at some point. I have to tell you, the mixer is powered and handles all of the sound we've needed so far. I've run everything from our acoustic duo to the guitars, bass and 3 drum mics along with 2 vox mics and have yet to need more power. I would think at this point if anyone is having issues with their Behringer equipment, it's a fluke and treat it as such. Get it sorted out. If you buy used, you're buying someone else's issues and who knows how it's been treated. Pay attention to the levels, push the power its recommended to (maybe a bit less in some cases to prevent spike damage, hence my MDX4600) and enjoy the equipment. You're looking for equipment that doesn't suck? Try what I've got listed. Need more power? Add it because what I'm using is designed to be able to take what I have and quite a bit more. That's why I bought it.
Old 16th May 2019
  #1163
I've never had issues with my Behringer interfaces, and they don't seem any worse than similar Focusrite stuff. I really like my UMC1820. I wouldn't buy anything with the Xenyx preamps personally, but the onboard Midas ones are actually pretty decent. There are a lot worse preamps on more expensive gear.
Old 17th May 2019
  #1164
Lives for gear
 
Bstapper's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragod View Post
Hey jack azz, post manuals & details 4 all of your past Behringer products so people R not scared off from ever buying your $hit again 'kuz U try 2 pretend it never even existed. What a freaking sick joke... 'buy our stuff, but make sure you don't expect us 2 stand behind it, because we will pretend we don't even know WTF U R talking about" U don't even have the most basic $hit like a manual database for past items, like your rack EQs = PATHETIC! Never buying N E thing Behringer ever again. U R ANTI-USER!!!
No kidding. They should be going out of their way to gain your business. You are exactly the type of customer *everyone* should have!
Old 17th May 2019
  #1165
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepydog View Post
By the way ... the title of this thread........ lol Maybe a new thread could be made or this one renamed? Im not affiliated with behringer and i don't currently own any behringer gear but i still find it offensive
Yeah I'm not easily offended to say the least, but stupidity will do it most days.

Behringer makes very good quality stuff now. Not saying all of it necessarily, but in general. Welcome to the present day.

PS I realize I'm doing it at the same time I bring this up (tho I didn't resurrect it from the dead)...but why are people who like and tout their gear responding to this? Can we let it die now please? Maybe reply here instead? Behringer LOVE thread...
Old 17th May 2019
  #1166
Here for the gear
[QUOTE=Gerax;373075]Headphone amps maybe?

In a year, our Behringer headphone distro already lost channel one and has a bad hum on channels seven and eight. So even their headphone amps suck along with their composer Pro that's buttons fell off and their active DI that's battery screw stripped, trapping the dead 9 volt inside.

In fairness, my buddy, who lives in the live sound trenches, swears by their cable tester, even though he considers them disposable and goes through one or two a year.
Old 18th May 2019
  #1167
Deleted 7ad91e3
Guest
...well, with so many budget behringer synths comming out lately kiddos such as the behringer dynamic duo will be able to stuff their studio with another 10 ueli synths and maybe 2 more performers to bring you the ultimate techno fun fair experience...


Old 18th May 2019
  #1168
Their cable tester is pretty awesome. I make my own cables and have hundreds of cables that are used.
The Behringer CT100 6-in-1 Cable Tester checks them all and does it good
Old 20th May 2019
  #1169
Gear Guru
 
Derp's Avatar
I've had bad luck with them in the past, but the synths I have from them seem to be holding up pretty well. There's a theory that when they switched factories, they might have actually improved build quality, but only time will tell if that's true or not.
Old 20th May 2019
  #1170
Gear Guru
 
Brent Hahn's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Mastering View Post
Their cable tester is pretty awesome.
It's okay. It's got 1/8" which aren't quite the same as 3.5mm mini. It doesn't have BNC, which I need.

Check out the dbx for $11 more. To cover everything, you need both.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump