The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 21st February 2015
...and I'm happy with the ADA 8200.

It does what should do and I like the smooth feeling of the pots. No wobble I may add.
Sounds good to my ears and the red colour is nice.

The ECM8000 measurement microphone is also a decent bit of kit.

The A500 amp is still powering the wharfedales as well as it has done for nearly 10 years now.
Old 21st February 2015
Gear Nut

ADA8000 alll day, crazy bargain there
Old 12th May 2015
Lives for gear

c50a are not bad! i use them together with focal solos, and they provide me a different sonic view.
Old 12th May 2015
Lives for gear

With the aquisition of Midas, Klark technic and Turbosound, I have been slowly warming up to the new stuff. I have had a few fx processors in the past that didn't do anything for me, and a 1u dual 15 band eq I did not care for. Right now I have some serious GAS for the x32 producer. Everything I wish my 01v96vcm had, behringer answered, with the exception of scribble strips on the producer. Why they did not put the strips on a board with that many layers boggles my mind. I am holding off purchasing one until they come out with the producer with scribble strips. I will be picking up an ada8200 soon as well for the studio rig. I have used one several times at a friends studio and it sounds great. Very transparent.

I downloaded and have been going over every aspect and routing of the x32 edit controller, which is basically the whole x32 ui for windows. Extremely well thought out and ridiculously versatile. Its almost like someone actually listened to the consumer. I can't wait until scribble strips come out on the producer so I can buy one.

ULI-SCRIBBLE STRIPS ON THE PRODUCER, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!

.....did I mention scribble strips...
Old 4th July 2015
S21
Lives for gear

The XR18 is beyond awesome for the price.
Old 5th July 2015
Lives for gear
I'm about to pull the trigger on an X32 compact.
Old 6th July 2015
Here for the gear

BCH100- great chorus. I use it on keyboards.
Old 10th July 2015
Lives for gear

X32 rack has been awesome. Sounds much better than my Yamaha o1v96 v2. With better features and much more useful interface.
Old 11th July 2015
Gear Head

I've been using two different X32's (the full sized model) both in a fixed installation (church) and with a live band for two years now and I absolutely LOVE it. Killer sound, DEEP functionality (I'm still learning all of the things it can do) and some of the finest routing capability of any mixer I have ever worked with...bar none. And...to add to all of that...it functions as a 32 input recording interface straight into a PC based DAW. It has been an awesome investment.
Old 17th July 2015
Lives for gear

What I really wish Behringer would knock out some cheap clones of.... a product that is just so damn expensive for those who'd benefit from it the most (ie people with a cheap/rubbish room)... the ASC tube traps... let's have an attack wall for less than a grand...
Old 17th July 2015
Lives for gear

so i arrived at guitar a few years ago with little money and bought some bugera stuff - v55 for 300 bucks new - switched all the tubes out to mullard ri - traded a couple junky pedals for a 412 cab (the best item) and stupidly bought a bugera bc15 - the last item is total garbage - the wiring is all backwards and buttons which should push to produce effect instead must be unpushed, knobs to increase instead attenuate. the bugera v55 acheives good tone with some pedals and the 412 but every time you start the amp the crappy digital reverb is on and the foot switch takes a couple dicrete taps to turn it off - i hate having to tapdance my way around the guitar version of internet popups - the bugera bc15 has stopped even functioning and i could care less - i had changed out many items - the speaker for a jensen vintage, the tube for a mullard ri - it was just seriously poorly wired - i spent a hundred bucks once for a epiphone valve junior and cab and that sucker bleached the sky white while the bugera at 115 bucks sucked the life out of a party of vampires - i am not really convinced of the viability of bugera that's for sure - i have a couple other items such as some cheap cardioid mkes which are plain okay, but i am not inspired by behringer or bugera and when i do it all over it's gonna be wayyyy diff.
Old 16th August 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by malekmusic View Post
c50a are not bad! i use them together with focal solos, and they provide me a different sonic view.
+1 !
They are seriously close to Avantones and half the price. Build quality is very nice also..

Gives me different perspective and helps me mix better/faster. After comparing it with Avantones, I decided to keep it. Using it in mono.. Very nice..
Old 16th August 2015
Lives for gear

My Bugera V22 definitely doesn't suck. I bought a used one to leave at my practice space so I wouldn't have to haul one around constantly or freak out if it got stolen. Several years later I've gigged with it, recorded it, and never had to repair it. It's a great amp.

Speaking of which, I also gig and practice with an old 8 channel Eurodesk mixer and Eurolive class D powered monitors. Neither sounds good. They both can get kind of harsh. But I will say that I've been abusing them for years and they all still work as well as they day I got them. The mixer is covered in dust and film from old spilled drinks and the pots aren't even scratchy! None of them look especially well built, but they seem to hold together.

I did have a monitor controller that lasted about 20 minutes before it broke. I wasn't happy with that one.
Old 17th August 2015
Gear Addict

The Berhinger BCR2000. IMHO one of the greatest pieces of gear ever made...

It's the only piece of gear that I know of that gives you 32 assignable knobs (64 assigbable MIDI funtctions to the top 8 thanks to the 4 bank buttons) 16 assignable buttons, dedicated transport and preset controls, a footswitch input and separate foot controller (i.e. expression pedal) input, MIDI IN, OUT, and THRU (well, MIDI IN and OUT A and OUT B, but depending on how you use it OUT B works just like MIDI THRU), as well as USB connectivity, all for $149.99 brand new!!!

IMHO you just can't beat having the ability to have that kind of real time control with softies and plugs (I've used it to control just about everything you can imagine....it's amazing, you can do it via USB and there is no noticeable latency, so you can tweak a softie in real time or play something with it, record it, then go back and tweak all the knobs and it will record everything your doing (and what it does to the sound) in real time...

I don't know of ANY other piece of gear that can do what it does, ESPECIALLY for the price...
Old 17th August 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sound View Post
My Bugera V22 definitely doesn't suck. I bought a used one to leave at my practice space so I wouldn't have to haul one around constantly or freak out if it got stolen. Several years later I've gigged with it, recorded it, and never had to repair it. It's a great amp.

Speaking of which, I also gig and practice with an old 8 channel Eurodesk mixer and Eurolive class D powered monitors. Neither sounds good. They both can get kind of harsh. But I will say that I've been abusing them for years and they all still work as well as they day I got them. The mixer is covered in dust and film from old spilled drinks and the pots aren't even scratchy! None of them look especially well built, but they seem to hold together.

I did have a monitor controller that lasted about 20 minutes before it broke. I wasn't happy with that one.

Dear Silent Sound,

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Bart Bolton and I am the Manager of the MUSIC Group Care Center in Nevada which is in charge of servicing and managing spare parts for the brands Midas, Klark Teknik, Turbosound, Behringer and Bugera.

In regards to the issue you have been experiencing with your monitor controller, we do have a 3 year warranty program and I'd like to get some more info from you if possible. If you could please contact me at the information provided below, we will be back in contact shortly.

You can reach us at [email protected] or via phone at 1-702-800-8290.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Bart Bolton
Manager, CARE US
MUSIC Group
[email protected]
1-702-800-8290 extension 5771
Old 19th August 2015
Here for the gear

the Time Machine VM1!!!!
it's easily my favorite pedal on my board and it has incredibly warm tone.
it can also be used to oscillate
Old 19th August 2015
Here for the gear
I'm not proud of it, but I have some Behringer gear. Worst part is, it does it's job just fine. I can recommend the Behringer V-Tone Bass BDI21, which is a Sansamp clone. I think it sounds great (not as good as the real thing, but for 35€ who can complain!). Check out a shootout here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD0CN4rs8p8
Old 19th August 2015
Lives for gear

Got my Behringer Autocom MDX 1000 for 45 euro on ebay and it just does a great job and is built like a tank. It is fantastic on e-bass and also very usefull on some acoustic guitars.I thought I will sell it after I got a Drawmer DL221 on ebay, but I thought wrong. I wouldn't sell it for sure, I really like it. Some people said it was made after a DBX 160, but I don't have any prooves for that.
Old 21st August 2015
Gear Head

Has the Xenyx Control 1 USB been discussed here yet?
Old 23rd August 2015
Lives for gear
I used to own the Behringer 10 band half-rack EQ... FB-Q(?) I forget what it was called. Anyways, the sound was good. Very silent running; no noise, good simple metering of both input and output. It was nice.
Old 23rd August 2015
Lives for gear

the BDI21 sounds better than the Tech 21 for certain tones
Old 25th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulguitar View Post
Got my Behringer Autocom MDX 1000 for 45 euro on ebay and it just does a great job and is built like a tank. It is fantastic on e-bass and also very usefull on some acoustic guitars.I thought I will sell it after I got a Drawmer DL221 on ebay, but I thought wrong. I wouldn't sell it for sure, I really like it. Some people said it was made after a DBX 160, but I don't have any prooves for that.
You're speaking of a 160x or 160xt for sure.
But:
There's simply no similarity (neither sound nor handling) to these.

I have both.
Old 25th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmbeatz View Post
You're speaking of a 160x or 160xt for sure.
But:
There's simply no similarity (neither sound nor handling) to these.

I have both.
As mentioned, I don't have any prooves, as I don't have none of the dbx 160 models. Somebody here on GS wrote once, that this was one of the very few official licensing deals between Behringer and another company (DBX in this case).

At the end I don't care at all, it is a very helpful and solid machine
Old 25th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
As mentioned, I don't have any prooves, as I don't have none of the dbx 160 models. Somebody here on GS wrote once, that this was one of the very few official licensing deals between Behringer and another company (DBX in this case).

At the end I don't care at all, it is a very helpful and solid machine
Yeah, I get you.
I also read about that DBX rumour, so I grabbed the MDX 1000 for cheap just to check it out. Well, I was rather disappointed, especially when comparing it to the 160x.
My Behringer MDX 1000 has THAT Corp VCAs built in though (or even DBX?), which I found quite surprising. I also retrofitted Output transformers to it, which I had laying around.
Old 25th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmbeatz View Post
Yeah, I get you.
I also read about that DBX rumour, so I grabbed the MDX 1000 for cheap just to check it out. Well, I was rather disappointed, especially when comparing it to the 160x.
My Behringer MDX 1000 has THAT Corp VCAs built in though (or even DBX?), which I found quite surprising. I also retrofitted Output transformers to it, which I had laying around.
I also red about, that a transformer mod can bring easily enhancement. Did you like the mod ?
I use the MDX 1000 more than the Drawmer DL221 which is a little bit dark to me.
Thinking to sell it. So I am honestly thinking to give preference to the MDX1000 over the Drawmer DL221. Is this crazy ?
Old 25th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
I also red about, that a transformer mod can bring easily enhancement. Did you like the mod ?
I use the MDX 1000 more than the Drawmer DL221 which is a little bit dark to me.
Thinking to sell it. So I am honestly thinking to give preference to the MDX1000 over the Drawmer DL221. Is this crazy ?
Don't know any Drawmers. If you like the B better, why not.

Concerning the transformers - I'm not sure if I heard any difference at all...
I didn't do a A/B recording though, so..

Did I mention that I like the TUBE ULTRA-Q T1951 Equalizer a lot ? (to get back on topic)
Old 25th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by S21 View Post
The XR18 is beyond awesome for the price.
"For the price" is always the watchword for Behry stuff. If they ever make anything good I won't know, because I will never buy it. I'm about to give away my only Behry thing, which was given to me for free.
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

Hey Gear Slutz
Why don.t you open your eyes and look at post 1048 on this thread.
Old 27th August 2015
Gear Addict

I have a K1800FX (180W keyboard combo) - took it to a rehearsal, plugged into PA, sounded great . Took it to another band's rehearsal, not plugged into their PA this time, sounded... not great

Back home I investigated, tests showed, the internal mixer has 66kHz+ bandwidth and was flat all the way!!

Then I did a check on the power amp, which is indeed 180W into 4ohm, that came up a good 20kHz wow!!

The 12" speaker is the Beh 600W type so that seems good, the tweeter is their compression driver that looks good also, so what's the problem?

I notice there is no pad in the tweeter driver, I'm sure Beh. will talk about sensitivities already being matched, anyway I added a 2.5dB L-pad to the tweeter and it seems much better now. I also removed the foam plug from the second bass port, that lifts the very low bass response a little.

I also tested the graphic EQ, the frequences were spot on!

The K1800FX is very well built, thick heavy wood, lots of glue, great design, even that "shape" button adds perfect tone. What a product.

Behringer, if you are reading this, consider a pad in the tweeter and add a block diagram in the manual as now I know the Sub out doesn't have a steep LP filter, I can use this as a mono mix to feed rehearsal PAs. And also where the EQ is placed in the chain (only to the internal power amp).
The amp is "flat" with the "shape" button disengaged which is the basis from which to set the amp up, the little graphic EQ is then perfect to adjust tone for its small enclosure and knowing it is not added to the line out is good also. The "shape" button is good at low vol, think "loudness" button on Hi-Fi.

A totally superb unit - needs the L-pad.

Last edited by RetroFunk; 27th August 2015 at 10:22 AM..
Old 27th August 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by loujudson View Post
"For the price" is always the watchword for Behry stuff. If they ever make anything good I won't know, because I will never buy it. I'm about to give away my only Behry thing, which was given to me for free.
Aaaah gearslutz, closed minds and nonsense posts haha

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search