What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 28th March 2014
Lives for gear

amps for the price and cheap mikes if you need a lot
Old 28th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoad View Post
I once bought 2 brand new Behringer 1000 watt powered speakers. First time I used them (at a show) they blew out after about 30 min. Never again.
Not to be argumentative, but if both blew out within 30 minutes my instincts tell me it probably had to do with a power surge, dirty power, and bad grounding in the facility and not the speakers themselves….Were you using a power conditioner, and didn’t the speakers come with a warranty?....did Behringer or the vendor honor your warranty?....In cases where the electrical is terrible quality of your power amps is largely irrelevant because any of them are prone to blowout under extreme conditions…..Anyway, that sucks, and I don’t blame you for having a bad impression of Behringer, given your experience…just pointing out the culprit may not have been what you thought it was (i.e., correlation doesn’t always equal causation)….all I know is I’ve owned quite a bit of their gear for over a decade now and haven’t had the first problem with any of it…..

CJ
Old 28th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Dear Uoad,
Our CARE department is here to help. You can reach them at [email protected] and by phone at +1-702-800-8290 (US) or +44 1562 732290 (UK). You can also reach me here via PM if I can be of any help.

Best,
John DiNicola
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Old 7th April 2014
Gear Addict

Ancient thread, huh?

You can be pretty sure the Behringer UBX-5500 Vacuumcleaner Ultra doesn't suck...
Old 7th April 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barforama View Post
Ancient thread, huh?

You can be pretty sure the Behringer UBX-5500 Vacuumcleaner Ultra doesn't suck...
Chortle, chortle.
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Ancient thread, huh?

Haha
Old 8th April 2014
Lives for gear

Behringer headphones microamp is nice, use them for many years.
Eurorack 802a is my to-go keyboard stage mixer, almost 10 years in use, no problems, same sound quality level as with any other small stage mixer.
Old 8th April 2014
Quote:
Ancient thread, huh?

Ancient "joke" as well.
Old 17th April 2014
Here for the gear

got a XENYX 502 mixer for my in ear monitors to blend my acu guitar with the rest (typ. coming from a wedge mon) and have the possibility of mixing and pannin at my will.

It does the job, so far in studio. Soon on stage.

Only problem is the Power plug of the mixer box - somewhat loose. Fixed by stripping the cable through one of the holes in the lectern I keep the thing - very handy.
Old 29th April 2014
Lives for gear

I like my DEQ2496, system EQ in my live sound rack.

Time will tell re: durability. It has a 3 year warranty on it though, so even if it lasts 3 years and one day I'll have got my moneys worth.

Chris
Old 29th April 2014
S21
Lives for gear

The deq2496 seems quite likeable. I'm trying to get one to replace my driverack. I hate the driverack user interface.
Old 29th April 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisWu View Post
there is a guy at homerecording .com who was talking about building a studio comprised entirely of behringer gear...

he seemed pretty serious.

I thought about it once...

my logic was that perhaps the source of the behringer "sound" was due to the incompatibility of behringer with every other brand, and that if completely composed of behringer gear, the studio would have a pure behringer sound...

I do not know what a pure behringer sound would sound like, but I am sure that it is on par with putting a guitar (w/ single coil pickups) in front of a crt or tv, and recording it with not enough gain...

it might even sound lo-fi...

like I said, I thought about it once. heh
LMAO...
Old 30th May 2014
The Headphone amps are good indeed, not the best but does the job.
Old 30th May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamil21 View Post
The Headphone amps are good indeed, not the best but does the job.
The Behringer headphone amps I've used have been intolerable. Noisy, fragile, unreliable, too much crosstalk. A second hand Rane, which can be had quite cheaply, is infinitely better.
Old 31st May 2014
Lives for gear

I didn't read ALL the responses but I got through about 10 pages.

At the end of the day, what an awesome time it is to be a musician! I say this to a lot of my friends. We have this enormous amount of gear to choose from- and almost all of it is useable! I can say this because I became a guitarist in the early '60's when there was maybe 1/1000th of brands/qualities to choose from compared to today! Somewhere along the line with the utter explosion of gear (on every price level) we've possibly lost track of WHY we buy it! I've also always said I'd rather hear an awesome song cut on a cassette deck than a shi**y song cut on multi-platinum recording gear. ...guess that's my statement about B.
Old 31st May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinhurwitz View Post
The Behringer headphone amps I've used have been intolerable. Noisy, fragile, unreliable, too much crosstalk. A second hand Rane, which can be had quite cheaply, is infinitely better.
They Are noisy alright, I use mine like only in recording session when there is need for multiple headphones connection. NEVER use it when mixing
Old 31st May 2014
Gear Maniac

Dear Edwin,
While we are always open for criticism, we respectfully disagree. Would you please tell us which exact model you are referring to so that we can publish the measurement data for the community here to verify? We are also more than happy to discuss our component choices so that you can compare with other manufacturers.

With more information we can engage in a factual and meaningful discussion.

Best,
John DiNicola
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Old 9th June 2014
Here for the gear

i own a descent amount of behringer gear.
ada8000- it does what its supposed to and i have heard worse pre-amps (maybe im a wierdo maybe its my crappy pg drum mic's but i actually like the ada8000 for toms (kicks too if its a metal band) just something about the gain staging
4ch headphone amp- does what its supposed to, most of the time. its 10yrs old some times jacks can be a little funky but some corrosion after 10yrs seems probable for any unit
virtualizer pro- most plugins are better quality effects but sometimes you don't want a pristine reverb or compression
bcf-2000- 7yrs old still works just the way its supposed to (i do use a ups power system and im certain that plays a huge roll in its longevity and reliability)
bugera6262- corrosion issue with fx loop cleaned all good since, power supply clips melted had to be soldered direct. works like a champ i got it used 4yrs ago
at work (i do live sound)
31 band eq's for foh, and 4 monitors- the feedback monitoring/alert buttons don't work half the time to change between modes, the Q seems gigantic and i have heard better but the do work still at 10yrs old
loudspeaker manager- worst pos behring product i've ever used. my board says 0, and and your meters say im at -40db my amps say im just below 0...WTF (yes i know how to use it and yes i've double checked every possable setting... i have to have my sub limiters at -18 for them to make any effect on even when my board is +10 (older analog console where +10 out my board is only actually -4 according to the manual) also the limited routing settings and sum functions are terrible. i will give them 1 thumb up for proper input/output balance/unbalanced so there isn't ground loop hum but other wise this thing is a pos
just my opinions take what you will from it but im about to get an x32 since i can't seem to find anyone complaining about it other than people who have much larger budgets than i do
Old 9th June 2014
Gear Nut

My Behringer beer coasters work really well.

All joking aside, Ive pretty much beat the **** out of my mini 4 channel headphone amp, still keeps on ticking.

(not sure what it actually sounds like, only my clients have, and they have never complained.. lol)
Old 9th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknout514 View Post
loudspeaker manager- worst pos behring product i've ever used. my board says 0, and and your meters say im at -40db my amps say im just below 0...WTF (yes i know how to use it and yes i've double checked every possable setting... i have to have my sub limiters at -18 for them to make any effect on even when my board is +10 (older analog console where +10 out my board is only actually -4 according to the manual)

dBFS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chris
Old 9th June 2014
Have a Eurodesk 2442MX I bought in like 2002 or so thats still great (was like a month before they cut the price of the Eurodesks in half AAARGH).. It aint no A&H or Sound Craft or Neotek but got the job done when I needed it.. Still looks like it did when I bought it but then again I baby all my crap here..
Old 10th June 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris93 View Post
thanks for the info.
either which way the meters, and overall levels are not accurate. hearing minimal compression and limiting on the overall mix when system is maxed seem near impossible. i don't have issues hearing it/ adjusting by ear on individual instruments kick snare bass vocals (my ears don't suck) but once the system is pushing as hard as it can go you end up with some compression from the amps, speakers, room, and crowd so its hard to know if my "protection" is even working. i recently took over at a club and apparently prior guys would blow subs and monitors on a regular bases. im trying to save my boss money replacing speakers... more money for me, more money to spend updating gear...etc etc. but the dbfs thing makes sense i may have mis understood the manual and going between the board, speaker system, amp, none of them are 100% accurate besides maybe the amps... on the back of the stage in a corner that i can't see from sound booth lol.

but anyways i believe this was supposed to be about the good and bad of behringer.
Old 10th June 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
A lot of manufacturers produce even more nice sounding, good looking and reasonable priced gear with a right to live. Maybe they have one unit that does not live up to the expectations, but in general these manufacturers do a good job.

Now, complete different story with Behringer. They offer a lot of bad sounding, cheap looking and not reasonable priced gear (noone pays for dog****, right ?!). But does Behringer also offer one or even two units that do not live up to the expectation since they actually do sound good ? Hmmm, nothing comes to my mind...

Can you guys think of anything ?

Bill
Absolutely, though it has nothing to do with sound LOL

IMHO the Behringer BCR2000 is one of the greatest pieces of gear ever made, no joke, having 32 assignable knobs, 16 assignable buttons, dedicated transport and other controls, 2 assignable FS inputs, and USB and MIDI capabiltiy all for $150 (that was when they were new, they haven't made them for a while) makes it one of them best deals out there IMHO. Straight up I don't know of anything else that even comes close...I've used mine for probably thousands of hours twisting the knobs and hitting the buttons and it's still going strong...

I honestly don't know what I'd do without it, for me personally it takes using soft synths to a whole 'nother level, there is nothing better than being able to tweak all those parameters in real time with real knobs and have everything recorded, it's fantastic...
Old 11th June 2014
Here for the gear

This is kind of a weird thread and I'm not sure what the exact slant is but I've been using a Xenyx 1204USB mixer for mics and keyboards in my home studio for about a year now and it is flawless. I was skeptical when I bought it but things are easy to return these days so I took a chance and couldn't be happier. Sounds really transparent and I can't find any noise in it at all. Even when cranking the channel gain it stays quiet. Compressor works good on MPC drums and the EQ's are nice for cutting or slight boosting while tracking. Definitely worth the buck thirty it cost me.
Old 11th June 2014
Gear Guru

I had to search Google for what the hell a BCR 2000 was...

Old 12th June 2014
Lives for gear

The BCF and BCR did their job well. Used them several times and never gave them a second thought as they did their job as they were suppose to. Seen the BCR in several live set ups too.

Eyes on the Behringer X-Touch which is looking pretty decent.....
Old 13th June 2014
ADA8000
X32 series mixers
Multigate Pro
There is actually quite a bit of usable behringer gear depending on what you need it for.
Old 22nd June 2014
Lives for gear

Two pieces from Behringer spent the last years in my rather wet basement. An Autocom Pro MDX 1400 and an Ultrafex Pro EX 3200.
Today I re-explored them. The only thing I have to say about the Autocom is that it will went back to the basement tomorrow. But I really like the Ultrafex.
Not even so much the Exciter, but I love the bass enhancement (esp. in the tight setting and without activating the ultralow switch). The other feature that is really usable and can have a wonderfull effect is the surround feature. I had 3 different mixers from Behringer in the past. I don't use them anymore, but none of them ever failed me.
At least even the Autocom and the Ultrafex survived 5 years in a wet and unheated basement and still work. Maybe the autocom should have commited suicide. But the Ultrafex: I'm amazed.
Dirk
Old 27th June 2014
Deleted 99dc753
Some people are just crazy?? If you can get an old MDX 1000 at e bay in this case you bought a clone of the DBX 160A - very nice on drums as well as on e-guitars….

The fun part - you can't say anything bad about it for 30 bucks……
I like mine and I do not see a reason to sell it.
Old 28th June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybusa View Post
Absolutely, though it has nothing to do with sound LOL

IMHO the Behringer BCR2000 is one of the greatest pieces of gear ever made, no joke, having 32 assignable knobs, 16 assignable buttons, dedicated transport and other controls, 2 assignable FS inputs, and USB and MIDI capabiltiy all for $150 (that was when they were new, they haven't made them for a while)
What do you mean?

Behringer BCR 2000 - Thomann UK

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search