The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 15th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manzini View Post
Yes, like I already said, my friend bought in that shop online for a year and some months, only had to pay shipping and IVA (tax), because Andorra (between Spain and France) use euros, but is outside the EU trade zone and don't any EU tax in their prices.

I know one positive experience, but beware, because I have occasionally tried to buy any big deal (bizarre deals like this are listed sometimes) and although the website it said "available" were not there. My advice is to email/phone check before.

Tnx 4 the tip, definitely worth looking into that... I think it's always good to have other, alternative, non-megastore or mainstream purchase options for our audio goodies - if not a good deal, at least one often finds something else, something different being offered.

A
F
Old 15th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by manzini View Post
Or cheap and reliable 500 lunchbox and maybe some modules.... an AD/DA FCA 500 version ? why not ?

Behringer it's a big punch manufacturer, making a simple chassis & psu with large scale economy, it could really hurl the price and get good benefits.

lunchbox is a low risk technological product.

In COMPLETE agreement with U.

This is one of the cases in which large scale economy & global manufacturing force could actually come in useful and impact things positively - frankly, some of the 500 series racks/lunchboxes are ripoff priced if U look at what is in them and what goes into manufacturing them, regardless of the legendary or boutique status of the manufacturer.

So, Behringer (Joe Sanborn in here) - DO take note!

Also on the 2496 V-Verb... As dxavier said, U have a product that has rightfully achieved some rspect and a minor-legend status - make the best of it.

A
F
Old 15th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdland101 View Post
Behringer should supply funky blank stickers to put over the label.

U mean like... my "mod", in this attached pic??

(if U're in the EU or follow the italian/germand media scene, U'll know - if not, just google Michelle Hunziker for pix... )
Attached Thumbnails
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!-behringer_hotmod_byaf.jpg  
Old 15th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdland101 View Post
Behringer should supply funky blank stickers to put over the label.
Once those new red faceplates get around it's going to take a lot more than a sticker. heh

- coming from a guy who's actually eagerly awaiting the new red stuff. heh heh
Old 17th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepydog View Post

Dude you should try some kind of teeth whitening product.
Old 17th August 2013
Gear Addict
IMHO Not all Behringer stuff sucks, but most does if you're looking for high-end quality products. I have a Powerplay Pro, it alterates pretty much the sound, comparing it with the integrated phones connection of any audio interface. It's useful for tracking, but I'd never even edit listening through it. I also had some rack effects that I later substituted with others (Lexicon, TC Electronic). But I can remember a good mixer from Behringer, a sort of clone of Mackie 24/8. It didn't sound bad, always IMHO, but it wasn't cheap!
Old 18th August 2013
Gear Head

I like my ultra patch...seems ok...
Old 19th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaeffe View Post

U mean like... my "mod", in this attached pic??

(if U're in the EU or follow the italian/germand media scene, U'll know - if not, just google Michelle Hunziker for pix... )
Old 13th September 2013
Gear Addict

I don't understand why some people seem to trash Behr. equipment. To my mind, those seeking perfection or "high standards" surely would buy the top of the range kit, would seem silly not to.

It seems, correct me if I'm wrong but it some people buy the Behr. kit (at the very attractive prices) but then expect it to work like the classy expensive stuff, then whinge when it doesn't. I can appreciate it when a new purchase goes faulty, that can be disappointing.

I just accept that the Behr. kit is "value for money", might have weaknesses but also will have good points. I have now bought a lot of Behr. kit (too much), it allows me to do things I couldn't otherwise afford to do. It seems perfect to me. I've used their live stuff, mixers, eq on stage many times etc. which performed perfectly. I use the V-Amp which is good and other kit I have all seems good and innovative. My last purchase was the KX1800 kbd amp which is perfect.

The only weakness I've found is the little DI box, great concept, good enough for stage but a little too noisy for studio or sampling tasks. But it wasn't expensive.

Another way to look at this is, when you're thinking about buying some more kit, chances are you'll look through the Behr. site to see what's currently available at what price.
Old 13th September 2013
I briefly used a T1953 mic pre in 2004. I didn't like the wobbly and loose feeling controls and the imbalance between the channels so returned it.
Currently using a 16 input line mixer, and have no complaints after many years of usage, same goes for the BCF2000 controller which I bought when they first came out.
The ECM 8000 mic is another product I'd recommend.

I also have a couple of guitar pedals and a Virtualizer MFX unit. The pedals I don't like and should give them away, however the MFX unit has it's uses and has been working fine since 2005.
Old 13th September 2013
Gear Head

Any takers on the pedals? Ill pay shipping!
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroFunk View Post
I don't understand why some people seem to trash Behr. equipment. To my mind, those seeking perfection or "high standards" surely would buy the top of the range kit, would seem silly not to.

It seems, correct me if I'm wrong but it some people buy the Behr. kit (at the very attractive prices) but then expect it to work like the classy expensive stuff, then whinge when it doesn't. I can appreciate it when a new purchase goes faulty, that can be disappointing.

I just accept that the Behr. kit is "value for money", might have weaknesses but also will have good points. I have now bought a lot of Behr. kit (too much), it allows me to do things I couldn't otherwise afford to do. It seems perfect to me. I've used their live stuff, mixers, eq on stage many times etc. which performed perfectly. I use the V-Amp which is good and other kit I have all seems good and innovative. My last purchase was the KX1800 kbd amp which is perfect.

The only weakness I've found is the little DI box, great concept, good enough for stage but a little too noisy for studio or sampling tasks. But it wasn't expensive.

Another way to look at this is, when you're thinking about buying some more kit, chances are you'll look through the Behr. site to see what's currently available at what price.
No one buys anything, cheap or otherwise, expecting more failures than more expensive gear. You expect it to work, full stop. I accept that if I bought something from Behringer, I would not expect the highest quality components or sound quality, but, I would not expect it to have a higher failure rate than anything else. There are plenty of other brands selling decent cheap gear like the FMR or ART ranges for instance, and much of their gear tends to be pretty damn sturdy, so Behringer have no excuse.

Having said that, I don't own anything from them, but I don't hate them either. They have their place and of late, they have brought a few products to market, such as the X32, which have brought them into the spotlight, for the right reasons.

Lastly, if I had to say anything of Behringer, it would be that the V-Verb REV24/96 was a very nice product for the price indeed. They have their moments!!!
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear
Not sure i agree with the failure rate. If it's for studio use then maybe. But for touring etc with a lot of exposure to liquids, weather and people, then you should aim for gear that is more sturdy. No matter what brand. I haven't seen any statistics on failure rate. It's hard to figure it out having forums as a source of statistics. Maybe a thread where people could report what products they've had failing, how long they used them and what kind of usage, the cost and brand.
Old 13th September 2013
Here for the gear

The MIDI floor pedal board is OK. I've had one for several years, and one LED has died. However the user interface is pretty complicated. It's a head scratcher every time you want to program it.
Look, usually get what you pay for.
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepydog View Post
Not sure i agree with the failure rate. If it's for studio use then maybe. But for touring etc with a lot of exposure to liquids, weather and people, then you should aim for gear that is more sturdy. No matter what brand. I haven't seen any statistics on failure rate. It's hard to figure it out having forums as a source of statistics. Maybe a thread where people could report what products they've had failing, how long they used them and what kind of usage, the cost and brand.
Interesting concept. It would be useful to have a thread of that kind, reporting failures and it could build up a knowledge base of popular reliable and unreliable equipment.
Old 13th September 2013
Lives for gear

I have started the gear failure thread/ list will post link now.

Last edited by Birdland101; 13th September 2013 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: .
Old 15th September 2013
Gear Nut

Dear Guys,

We really appreciate your comments about the REV2496. We are very proud of this unit as we spent many years designing it. The REV2496 contains several models of the very best and most expensive reverb units in the industry. The good news is that all those reverb algorithms are integrated and further expanded in the X32 family of products.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Old 15th September 2013
I have a REV2496 in my rack along side my TC Electronic and Lexicon reverbs. I think it's a great unit with plenty of fantastic sounding reverbs straight out of the box. I do usually tweet them a bit though to get the sound I want from it. It's staying in my rack. I think it's a real bargain.

Cheers Keith.

PS I recently brought an Midas Venice U32, which is also a great sounding piece of gear. All my outboard runs through it.
Old 15th September 2013
Lives for gear

I'm very happy with the FCA610. Can't say this is based on thorough engineering tests (yet) but so far it performs as well as much more expensive gear.

I expect the FCA1616 in particular is going to be a historic event in resetting pricing and expectations, further marginalizing the 10x more expensive kit that offers similar features and only infinitesimally better performance. I, for one, am rooting for Behringer. Today's technology is better, a smart designer can squeeze out more for less cost. And Chinese factories get better at assembly all the time.
Old 15th September 2013
Lives for gear

My REV2496 is still sounding great and working fine.
Old 15th September 2013
Gear Nut

Dear guys,

In an earlier post, we noticed that someone mentioned an issue related to a headphone amp where they experienced increased noise on the right most channel. This can easily be resolved by rotating the internal toroidal transformer and adjusting for minimal noise. We corrected the issue approximately a year ago by adding additional shielding and as such, the issue is completely resolved.

We respectfully disagree with the poster who claims that the unit alters the sound. On the contrary, the amp uses highly acclaimed 4580 opamps up to the high-power stage where multiples of those devices run in parallel. We invite everyone to measure the unit and compare it with much higher priced units.

Also, we now have our own Care centers in Las Vegas and Kidderminster UK, and are happy to help you get older equipment repaired. Please contact us at [email protected]

All of our equipment now has a limited 3-year warranty program, which demonstrates that we fully stand behind our equipment and you as a customer.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Old 15th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sanborn View Post
Dear Guys,

We really appreciate your comments about the REV2496. We are very proud of this unit as we spent many years designing it. The REV2496 contains several models of the very best and most expensive reverb units in the industry. The good news is that all those reverb algorithms are integrated and further expanded in the X32 family of products.

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Hey Joe,

Thanks for coming on. I would like to know, for those of us that don't need one of the X32 products, how do we get our hands on the REV24/96? None of the other Berhinger verbs are the same. This unit is quite special for the price and we want it back!!
Old 15th September 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxavier View Post
Hey Joe,

Thanks for coming on. I would like to know, for those of us that don't need one of the X32 products, how do we get our hands on the REV24/96? None of the other Berhinger verbs are the same. This unit is quite special for the price and we want it back!!
Take a look on eBay. That's where I found mine.
Old 15th September 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Sanborn View Post
Dear Guys,

Best Regards,
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Product Support
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
The REV2496 is a great unit; I love it and I currently own two. I''d suggest looking through local Craigslist adverts because there are a number of people that don't know what they have and frequently sell it for less than $100; that's how I snagged mine.
Old 16th September 2013
Lives for gear

I have some powered Berhinger speakers that work, do the job, but I'm sure a set of JBL EON's would put them to shame. I'm using DBX EQ's in front of them and my mixer is good to (Crest XR20), I just have a Solo Acoustic act so I don't ever have to push them very hard to get coverage. I did crank them once at the end of a corporate gig just to see how they would sound if pushed hard. The venue had emptied to just a few people and it was my last song so I cranked up the XR20 and played the tune in the large out-door shelter they had me set-up in. It was loud as Satan him-self but also distorted, I think they maybe the only weak-link in my system.
I got these speaker's about 3 years ago and the 510 EON's are now the same price as I paid for the Berhinger! It suck's when technology/marketing change's on you!
Old 16th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by satissounds View Post
Take a look on eBay. That's where I found mine.
Being a Gearslut, I have checked ebay throughout the day, each day, religiously for about the last year and a bit. Most of my studio comes from there. On the UK site, I have only seen one and it was way over priced. Maybe there are tons in the U.S, but over here, they are rare on the second hand market.

Sent from my HTC Desire
Old 17th September 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxavier View Post
Being a Gearslut, I have checked ebay throughout the day, each day, religiously for about the last year and a bit. Most of my studio comes from there. On the UK site, I have only seen one and it was way over priced. Maybe there are tons in the U.S, but over here, they are rare on the second hand market.

Sent from my HTC Desire
I brought my REV2496 on ebay about 3 years ago now. It was still in it's original wrapper and box when I got it and hadn't been used.

Paid, if I remember right, about £150.

Must have been lucky.

Keith.
Old 17th September 2013
Here for the gear

their floor monitors for live use are good
Old 17th September 2013
I invite you all to "hear the Behringer" in the following recording:

Death on the Mountain | Ol' Savannah

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search