The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

DEQ2496 Ultra-Curve Pro.

This is a good cheap RTA and metering unit. It is also Behringers "mastering" processor a la DBX Quantum or TC Finalizer. I've never run signal through it, just use it for the metering and RTA and it is really quite good for that.
Old 23rd July 2005
Nut
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosskitty
For those that are on a budget the ADA8000,is worth every penny as a short stop to an extra 8 channels!

I dont care what you say, dfegad Focuswrong=crap, dfegad Presonus=crap, tutt Audient=way over priced,crap for the money (cos u could be spendin your cash on Apogee converters instead when your in that kinda price range), dfegad Mackie=crap!

The ADA8000 does its job ,as long as you dont base a whole mix/recording around it!
Its still crap though

...so, your rating the "B" unit above the equivalent Mackie, Presonus, or Focusrite units ?

Uhhh.. no.
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Maniac

The HA4700 headphone amp, and the BCF2000 controller. Can't be beat for the price.
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert
DEQ2496 Ultra-Curve Pro.
This is a good cheap RTA and metering unit. It is also Behringers "mastering" processor a la DBX Quantum or TC Finalizer.
C´mon, don´t compare DBX Quantum to Behringers DEQ2496...if you use it solely as a metering unit, fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert
I've never run signal through it, just use it for the metering and RTA and it is really quite good for that.
I think you done good with that. Makes no sense at all to degrade your carefully (and expensive) recorded audio by squeezing it through this box.

Bill
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

the V-Amp Pro isn't that bad for what it is... ok -- don't laugh or flame...
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster
C´mon, don´t compare DBX Quantum to Behringers DEQ2496...if you use it solely as a metering unit, fine.
I didn't compare it to the DBX or TC unit, just listed those as a reference to help describe the Behringer. I used to own a Quantum and have heard the TC in use and frankly I wouldn't squeeze my recorded audio through either of them either.

However, for *metering and RTA* the Behringer DEQ2496 is cheap and I've found it quite useful.
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Used the Behringer B-2 pro mic on this song:
http://www.blacklinerock.com/ARMAGED...NEROCK.COM.mp3

Steve
www.bangrecording.com
www.blacklinerock.com
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

ECM8000 is a good cheap solution for nylon string guitar.

The DI box is usable for live stuff and rugged.
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

ADA8000 as long as not using its internal clock. sure are many better things but for the price the other lower end things just arnt worth it, i mean 4-5 times the price for a digimax lt, you gotta be joking

DI 800 8ch rack mount DI box the extra juice of being self power makes it perform so much better then the phantom (or worse battery) powered DIs. GI100 can be used on guitar in certain curcumstances as long as you have a quiet pre, once in a blue moon with the right guitar and song the cab sim can even sound decent, but uneven responce means it totaly sucks on anything else. DI20 can be a good little problem solver at times but lack of a direct thru makes it useless for a guitar/bass DI
cant use a b DI into an ADA8000 or any b pre, just all noise and no signal

headphone amp, 4ch one i forget the exact model and HPS3000 headphones, decent sounding cheep enclosed headphones, though not usualy together

CT-100 cable tester

18" sub, most people cant hear quality in low frequencies, we take the b logo off them

away from b, ive been using an excelent 31band EQ recently, cheeper than a b and as good quality as a dbx, time will tell if they last
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Addict

[QUOTE=Albert

However, for *metering and RTA* the Behringer DEQ2496 is cheap and I've found it quite useful.[/QUOTE]

True thumbsup
Old 24th July 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_techie
ive been using an excelent 31band EQ recently, cheeper than a b and as good quality as a dbx, time will tell if they last

care to share what that might be?
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybody's x
care to share what that might be?
na its a secret, actually the unit doesnt have a brand name on it, model CN320
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Maniac

speaking about the ada8000, if you use the line in, (unfortunately you still go through the pad and the gain control circuits)
But, honestly, and it's been discussed on the electronics forums, I have heard most of the high end converters and I compare it with a blue everday and my avocet. And it shocks me.

I baught it as a joke, the joke ended up on me and I kept it. now I have two.

It just sucks that they have mic pre's.

clock it off something useful, and it's a scary good sounding converter.
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmad69
speaking about the ada8000, if you use the line in, (unfortunately you still go through the pad and the gain control circuits)
But, honestly, and it's been discussed on the electronics forums, I have heard most of the high end converters and I compare it with a blue everday and my avocet. And it shocks me.

it uses decent Alesis converters, look into ripping out the pres
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Maniac

I use two Behringer PX3000 patchbays and they are great, do the job, I also have a Behringer ADA8000 for extra 8 chans outputs and this has been great as well. havent used the pre''s but i belive they are the same as the ones from their consoles so nothing to write home about. I also have a set of Behringer HPS5000 headphones and sound fine - better than the HPS3000, although I find that they are not as comfortable as other headphones ive used.
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

I have a BCF2000 control fader unit that is pretty much the best bang for buck I have witnessed in recent years...
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmad69
speaking about the ada8000.

This is becoming like a praise Behringer thread although headed 180° in the other direcition when it started out. Does anyone of you guys get money (or maybe a vacation every once in a while) from Behringer ? If not I gotta check the converters as well as the BFC controller thing soon.
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster
This is becoming like a praise Behringer thread although headed 180° in the other direcition when it started out. Does anyone of you guys get money (or maybe a vacation every once in a while) from Behringer ? If not I gotta check the converters as well as the BFC controller thing soon.
i have very little money, thats why i buy anything behringer. most of their products do suck no one can dispute that. there are few of their products i will even consider, out of the 100s of products they make we are giving credit to what about 6 or so, you do ths maths. if you have the money dont even buy anything behrinegr but for most of us in the real word we have to scrape by with what we can get, which means putting the majority of our money where is badly needed and using cheep brands in other places. although i think some people do buy to much behringer and alto etc just because its cheep, i realy hate working with a system of only cheep crap.

the ada8000 is a decent unit to a low budget system, nothing can touch it for the price not even alesis and its basicly alesis on the inside. if you can afford good converters dont bother even looking at it, but i dont think anyone who can afford appoge or a 192 i/o would be reading this thread or why they would even be in 'low end theory'
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Addict

True, I didn´t mean to piss you off or anything. In the end it´s the painter not the brush. And a lot of great recordings have been accomplished with less than perfect gear. But after all we´re gearslutz

I also use some low budget gear, but try to kick it out the studio one after the other. And sometimes there are things you can achieve with low budget stuff that can´t be copied with gear ten times as expensive.

Greetings from cold and wet Hamburg,
Bill
Old 25th July 2005
Lives for gear

HMM.... painters, brushes true, I used to spend so much money on sable brushes till i discovered DRAYLON, way better, way cheaper

the other thing is, perhaps it's good to be able to see gear in 2 camps:

1. gear for mastering/final product (after the demos, payed for by someone else)

2. and gear for creating

the two dont have to be the same in terms of quality, for creating music, noise spec's etc isnt really relevent.

then also you have the factor that cheap gear has created genre's in recent years and some genre's only sound right on cheaper gear

As for the 'copying' thing, If i'm working on studio building jobs like putting in stud walls etc i just couldnt give a toss if my chisel is a decent chinese-made generic set or top quality MARPLES.... it used to be like that, but nowadays go on a building site and people just use cheap 'throw-away' saws etc rather than getting an expensive one with a nice woooden handle, having it sharpened regularly and all that ****ing palava - it's a disposable society we live in guys at the end of the day

I tell you what, i was talking to a builder the other day who had a cheap-ass B&Q china-made cordless drill in 'clone' yellow & black DeWALT colours ... i'd seen them in the store and decided NOT to buy one 6 months earlier cos i didnt know if it would be reliable, but it was sooooooooooo bloody cheap, I mean ludicrously cheap... anyways, this builder had one, he had owned it for a year and said it was absolutely great!

Oh yes... and i'd vote also for The BCF2000 - i've got 2 of them running Logic and they rock ass - 16 channels of perfectly sync'd control with 1 pot for each of the 4-band eq parameters (4x4) all for peanuts - absolutely superb value! - the bcr is also superb value and works great, it's a dream for any s/w with or without LEARN ability.

mind you, now the Chinese Govt have adjusted their currency last week i wonder how it'll pan out for prices of chinese made studio-gear in the future.
Old 25th July 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7161
HMM.... painters, brushes true, I used to spend so much money on sable brushes till i discovered DRAYLON, way better, way cheaper

the other thing is, perhaps it's good to be able to see gear in 2 camps:

1. gear for mastering/final product (after the demos, payed for by someone else)

2. and gear for creating

the two dont have to be the same in terms of quality, for creating music, noise spec's etc isnt really relevent.
Generally you´re right, but one thing I learned is that the "small" things like noise spec´s and a converters capabilities do make a difference and can make a difference. Especially since a lot of "A&R"-people these days can´t tell a good song from good production. But that´s another topic...

Bill
Old 27th July 2005
Gear Head

I have an ADA8000 for guide tracks and 8 cue mixes.....it's fine.
I have 8 little mixers for headphone amps .....they're fine.
I have an old quad gate for live stiff.......it's fine.
We just did a festival with 4 B stages.....tones of B gear......couldn't make it happen without B gear. There's a place for it.
Don't trust the pots on Xovers or comps .....use your ears.
cheers
Roly
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roly
I I have an old quad gate for live stiff.......it's fine.
the gates arnt bad, less clicky than the dbx and nice features

Quote:
We just did a festival with 4 B stages.....tones of B gear......couldn't make it happen without B gear. There's a place for it.
few good pieces, you have to give them some love so they last, but the majority of it still belongs in the bin

Quote:
Don't trust the pots on comps .....use your ears.
b comps? oh you mean the suck factor knob. the thing that sucks out your dynamic range and leaves you with a **** sound, i hate those things with a passion
Old 27th July 2005
Lives for gear

the patchbays are good, i have two px 2000 in my racks the only thing that can go wrong is a jack thats getting loose on the back from transport. so it a good thing i check them before a gig heh grtz
Old 27th July 2005
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut
...so, your rating the "B" unit above the equivalent Mackie, Presonus, or Focusrite units ?

Uhhh.. no.
For the price only,the others arent that much of a step up for the amount of xtra money you have to pay,thats all i meant!

Ive tried all & feel that in the short run,id use the ADA8000 until i can afford better converters & a modular mic pre system of some sorts!
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhughes
ADA8000 or whatever it is called. Clock it with a Big Ben and it is brilliant.

Had one for a year now and it still works. Sometimes I forget to turn it off and it runs for days but it is still hanging in there.
i have ada8000 and the thing is with behringer they are **** but the ada8000 works well never any probs and the same with there tube compresser but i only use the compresser through a send/return 4 a bass amp and you can get a good sound . but when they break they really break
Old 4th August 2005
Gear Head

The BCR2000. Super cheap and works great. However, there is no audio involved in a MIDI controller.
When I was a student I bought one of those little Eurorack thingys cause I couldn't afford anything else. I had a 4 track and it worked fine with that. It had phantom power. Hey, for $100, I wasn't going to complain.
If I wanted a good piece of gear that I was actually going to use for something important, I wouldn't buy a Behringer. But I don't think they're really aiming for the pro market anyway.
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Nut

Thumbs up

the ECM8000 are cool.
Work ok with acc. guitar , oh/hh , ambient, special fx
As a matter of fact, it works decent on everything where you don't want that
prox fx bas-bump

Remco
www.jamstudio.nl
Old 5th August 2005
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamstudio
the ECM8000 are cool.
Work ok with acc. guitar , oh/hh , ambient, special fx
As a matter of fact, it works decent on everything where you don't want that
prox fx bas-bump

Remco
www.jamstudio.nl
I have a pair of these mics and I like them, but I find them too noisy for quiet sources.
Old 5th August 2005
Here for the gear

ADA8000 as a parts bin

Behringer ADA8000 ADAT converter at $189 is cheaper than you can buy an enclosure/power supply/connectors. Amazing is that it actually is "okay" by itself, and with analog mod's (for line-in only) can be B+ grade for D+ money. Clock is not so great, but with external clock on BNC connnector, okay.

Karl

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search