The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 15th May 2010
I have and really like the T1951 Quad Parametric Equalizer!
Old 15th May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the recordist View Post
I've never really heard anything good about behringer

Well there's an insightful and pertinent post.

Sorry, there's enough SPECIFIC gear bashing for Behringer on this site already, and seeing as this is in the thread describing GOOD Behringer gear....

This post seems pretty unhelpful, misplaced, uninspired, and I would add redundant were it not for the fact that it doesn't actually say anything about anything.

Way to walk the fine line between irrelevance and uninitiated-gang-mentality. Bravo. thumbsup
Old 20th May 2010
Gear Maniac

Hm... maybe their DI box? I believe that controllers are fine... they dont mess with sound heh Dont know about other stuff though.. I still have a small mixer, 1602.. but last time when I tried it, I didnt have anything to compare with...
Old 21st May 2010
Ip Op Boop

I bought 2 or 3 products and they went to Hell ~ 6 feet under, but I tried the 4X10 paper cone cab for bass and it punches holes. buy it it rocks. and I am sure other products are great but their headphone amps went to bed'ey by basket, and noisy.
Old 21st May 2010
Gear Nut

Only good product i can think of is the BCR!
Old 21st May 2010
Lives for gear

I've got a few pieces of their gear and I've never had a problem with any of it.

Two PX3000 patchbays
An Ultra-DI
A small headphone amp
V-Amp Pro guitar sim

The only one that feels cheap is the V-Amp Pro, but it sounds great.
Old 21st May 2010
Here for the gear

PA

I've used the Self Powered 12" bi-amp PA speakers for about a year. Never had a problem. They are okay so long as you don't push them too hard and I make sure I don't! Some budgets call for them vs., say QSC or Meyers which are also in my arsenal. They have a place in the food chain for me.
Old 21st May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus1 View Post
As a Professional.....It's NEVER the gear...It's always the Operator.M
thumbsup

My mixes with my Behringer mixer and compressor sounds ten times better than a lot of people I know with ProTools and a bunch of high end gear
Old 22nd May 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
A lot of manufacturers produce even more nice sounding, good looking and reasonable priced gear with a right to live. Maybe they have one unit that does not live up to the expectations, but in general these manufacturers do a good job.

Now, complete different story with Behringer. They offer a lot of bad sounding, cheap looking and not reasonable priced gear (noone pays for dog****, right ?!). But does Behringer also offer one or even two units that do not live up to the expectation since they actually do sound good ? Hmmm, nothing comes to my mind...

Can you guys think of anything ?

Bill
Nope. Beringer = noise.
Old 22nd May 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Nope. Beringer = noise.
So, what piece of gear did you find noisy?
Old 22nd May 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc_o View Post

Well there's an insightful and pertinent post.

Sorry, there's enough SPECIFIC gear bashing for Behringer on this site already, and seeing as this is in the thread describing GOOD Behringer gear....

This post seems pretty unhelpful, misplaced, uninspired, and I would add redundant were it not for the fact that it doesn't actually say anything about anything.

Way to walk the fine line between irrelevance and uninitiated-gang-mentality. Bravo. thumbsup
Nicely said, and your antagonist deserved it, too.

Me, I'd actually never buy anything from Behringer either, not because of their products in and of themselves but because of the bidness practices behind them. I won't be buying any Newmann mics, either. Gear and cheese don't mix well for me.
Old 22nd May 2010
Lives for gear

Use a 4 channel Powerplay Pro XL Headphone Amp that does everything I ask it to do. (a slutz).
Old 2nd June 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinDog View Post
So, what piece of gear did you find noisy?
I had the Eurorack Mixer about 8 years ago. Whenever I used it I seemed to get a lot of hiss and noise. It was a solid metal mixer with the separate power supply, but I was never happy with the sound. I finally just threw it away, and kept away from Behringer afterwards.

Bob
Old 2nd June 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I had the Eurorack Mixer about 8 years ago. Whenever I used it I seemed to get a lot of hiss and noise. It was a solid metal mixer with the separate power supply, but I was never happy with the sound. I finally just threw it away, and kept away from Behringer afterwards.

Bob
What I've found with Behringer stuff is that they're not robustly designed when it comes to mixing balanced and unbalanced stuff. That is, if an input on Behringer gear was TRS and expecting balanced, and you connect an unbalanced TS cable and signal, or vice versa, it'll buzz like a rabid bee.
Old 2nd June 2010
Lives for gear

The boxes of Be******r things are pretty robust. I still use one of their Onyx mixers for my talkback system.
Old 2nd June 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Bob

I used to work in a studio with a big old 8 buss behringer eurodesk (was it an 8000?) mixer (1996ish). Wasn't the sweetest of all things, but we released records outta there! Lots of em!!
I think back then we were using an Atari ST with creator, Tascam 8 track reel to reel, couplea Akai s3000xls, and a whole heap of old analogue synths. It was amusing mixing on that beast: four pairs of hands on it trying to ride and mute everything and bring effects in and out. Certainly keeps you on your toes!! Occasionally frustrating but I used to like it!
long
Old 2nd June 2010
RTR
Lives for gear

Quote:

Bob
Thats to bad..I have one and it still works with NO NOISE at all.....I don't use it, I am ITB, but last time I messed with it, it worked and was quiet!
Old 5th June 2010
Here for the gear

Hit or Miss

I've found with Behringer it's not an individual product, but quality control in general. I've had mixers that crap out on me, but a PA that'll last forever. I actually use Behringer's B1 as a vocal mic, and it sounds pretty sweet depending on the voice that's running through it (just as any other mic). I use the C2 stereo matched pairs for OH, and for room mic's on amps. I got one pair that was utter crap, no way it was matched. I traded it in for another, they work wonders, and I've had no issues.

My band also uses one of the Xenyx mixers live, has used their 8 channel DI rack, and a PA for practice w/no issues. I've noticed their quality control's improved drastically in the last 2 years or so as well.
Old 5th June 2010
Lives for gear

If Behringer made a vacuum, it would not suck! Other than that I got nothin.

Carry on.
Old 6th June 2010
Lives for gear

Behringer compressors, the Composer-pro is especially good, even the tacky named "tube" circuit ad's something nice, I've got two of these, had them for years,they just do the job, can't think of anything in hardware as transparent and useful at the price. On the other hand, I have had the misfortune of using three Behringer mixers over the last few years, they all sounded awful, truly disgusting. To characterize them, they have a nasty metallic top end, really grating, terrible EQ, these things are the devils work, only just about usable for PA, certainly not for recording, well, not in this house anyway.

WB.
Old 6th June 2010
Gear Maniac

The Ha400 Headphone Amp is a cheap, portable little tool, useful in many situations, especially outside the studio.
Old 6th June 2010
Lives for gear

I've had a ton of Behringer stuff over the years. Behringer bashing is idiotic. They make really cheap stuff that in my experience works pretty well for really cheap stuff. If you want quality then go spend some money and shut up.
L.
Old 6th June 2010
Update on my Behringer gear:

C2 pair condensor mics
PX3000 Patchbay
REV2496 (V-Verb)
Mini-Amp 4ch Headphone amp
DI20 DI
ADA8000

In the case of the DI20, I've had it for five years now and I've had no issues.

I play with two different bass players that own the BDI21; they both love how it sounds and you can't beat the price, either.

Behringer, like any other company, makes some great stuff, some average stuff, and some stuff that you have no use for; it's all subjective. I have some ART gear that I love and I've used other ART gear that I really didn't like; the same goes for Behringer (or any other company).

When people listen to my recordings, they don't say, "Hey, I can hear crappy Behringer gear in your signal path!" nor do they say, "That ADA8000 sounds great!". Instead, they comment on the important things; the song, performance, etc.

That's what it's all about, ultimately.
Old 6th June 2010
Here for the gear

The 4 channel headphone amp does the job for 100. Ive had it for sometime and it still works fine. I like how half of us are defending berringer, i never thought i would see the day. But hey its not like they are trying to trick you selling quality ****. Buyer beware of awesome...thumbsup
Old 6th June 2010
Shy
Lives for gear

My Behringer B-1 doesn't suck at all. In fact it's very nice.
Old 20th June 2010
Gear Head
hey guys, I was trying to get some good sound from the shark and mic100 but never did in a year. so I don'trust behry much. I 've read good stuff about b1220dsp powered speakers. any experience?
Old 21st June 2010
Here for the gear

Smile

I'll admit that the vamp is sort of crummily made but I do have a few items from them that are not so bad

1202. Mixer that I hook up to my mackie 8 channel for those really big drums mixes

preamp that is not actually very noisey

31 band equalizer that I adore

4 channel headphone pre that comes in handy

I will advise everyone to avoid thier monitors though becase I've heard 3 different pair that are all off balance
Old 21st June 2010
Here for the gear

Also, everyone bitches about thier mixers being noisy but there is not a mixer that exsits without a noise floor go and get a gate do some filtering and stop crying
Old 21st June 2010
Gear Head

I owned a bit of Behringer gear and have never had problems with it. Works well and is relatively inexpensive. I currently still own the Ultrafex Pro and a couple of patch bays. I had a 16 ch mixer that I used for mixing line levels (synth modules) so I can't comment on the mic preamps on the mixers. Behringer gear is cheap and you can get it at your neighborhood Guitar Center.
Old 25th June 2010
Lives for gear

I actually just picked up a pair of their $50/pr SDCs because I figured they would be useful for audience recording.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search