The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 28th December 2009
Lives for gear

Just got the TO800 Tube Screamer style "Vintage Tube Overdrive" pedal and the 7-Band EQ Pedal for Christmas and got to test them both at a gig the night after Christmas.

The result? Un-friggen believable. For $30, those pedals are simply one of the best deals in guitar effects ever, period. If its any different than the Ibanez Tube Screamer, its a less than 10% in the clip and overall effect.

Again, the pedals are $30 and are all built to the same specs as their big-name counterparts. Great deal!!
Old 28th December 2009
Lives for gear

Last night, I had the craziest dream ever. The police gave me a $700 ticket for having a Behringer mixer in the back seat of my truck. tutt

Anyhoo. I bought one of their UCA-202 USB interfaces to connect my laptop to mixers to play filler music whenever I end up running sound at various festivals. It's lasted alot longer than I expected it to.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUtubadude View Post
Last night, I had the craziest dream ever. The police gave me a $700 ticket for having a Behringer mixer in the back seat of my truck. tutt

Anyhoo. I bought one of their UCA-202 USB interfaces to connect my laptop to mixers to play filler music whenever I end up running sound at various festivals. It's lasted alot longer than I expected it to.
Is that the like, White plastic interface they got? After reading reviews, I've heard the software is failtastic. Youve had success with it you say?
Old 29th December 2009
I don't really get those kind of interfaces. New computers come with stereo out, all you need is the right cable for getting it into a mixer. I suppose the 2 in could come in handy but for that price you can get something with preamps :P
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear

The BOD400 bass overdrive pedal can be pretty cool, especially at high gain and combined with an octave pedal. Ok, so it sucks a little bit being very noisy, and it doesn't always blend in very well. But for certain over the top overdriven sounds it delivers a cool agressive sound.

When buying it I compared it to a Fulltone and chose the Behringer. I had been looking for a pedal with decent high gain distortion for bass for a while and this is the one I have liked best so far. It now has a permanent place on my pedalboard beside more expensive stuff like Budda, EBS, Morley, Boss... Great value but depends on personal taste I guess.

Like many others I also think the ADA8000 is ok. Not great but ok for the money. They should have dropped the pres on it though. Even cheaper and without the pres it would be amazing!
Old 29th December 2009
Here for the gear

ECM8000 Omni Condensers. Not bad at all, great Rm Mic or cheap matched pair for AC & OH's. Awesome "Front Of Kit" Mics, even Kick.
Old 29th December 2009
Lives for gear
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmusic View Post

2. buy the DI 100 for bass

Cheers
Stephen
no no no - the di100 are quite decent for sure, the 120 are hissy though, avoid those unless necessary (I own all of the models I'm talking about by the way), but the di21 models (bdi21, gdi21 etc... as in Bass DI "ripped off from tech21")... THOSE are AMAZING di boxes. active, with great tone controls, super low noise, wonderful tube emulation overdrive stuff going on....

just get them. the bdi21 is great for piezo acoustics as well, and they have an acoustic model as well which I would think would be even better for that but I haven't tried it yet.

the di21 models are the ones to get. $35 each new.
Old 30th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasCricket View Post
Is that the like, White plastic interface they got? After reading reviews, I've heard the software is failtastic. Youve had success with it you say?
Yes. I just use it for playing music, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlen View Post
I don't really get those kind of interfaces. New computers come with stereo out, all you need is the right cable for getting it into a mixer. I suppose the 2 in could come in handy but for that price you can get something with preamps :P
You could do that. I like it because it bypasses the computer volume control, and for $20, I don't really care if it breaks...or gets lost...or stolen. It just works.
Old 20th March 2010
Here for the gear

eurorack mixer...lo cut on one of the channels has been dodgy since day one ..but nothing else has gone wrong in many years
Old 20th March 2010
Lives for gear

i've got a sx2442fx and it's a great budget mixer. got everything you need to do local gigs etc.

what i would say with behry is, there is a higher chance of poor manufacturing with such quantity/price - but get a good one and you are ok
my advice is to open the thing in store and check it before leaving
Old 20th March 2010
Lives for gear

oh also got the uma25s, which is a great solution for travelling laptop muso or the starter midi muso on a super-low-budget

what other choice is there in the price range? not much. it works anyways.
Old 20th March 2010
Gear Head

The MX882 splitter/mixer is fine. Dirt cheap, no noise or significant coloration.
Old 20th March 2010
Gear Head

Xenyx 802 + B1!

Behringer_B1_Mixed.mp3
Old 21st March 2010
Lives for gear

Ebtech - Audio Solutions

sorry I meant this:

BEHRINGER: CT100

I have an ADA8000 too but not sure who they copied that from
Old 21st March 2010
Gear Head

I'm still using my V-Amp Pro and Bass V-Amp pro and love them.

The V-Amp Pro is better than the Line 6 POD for what I'm doing: it's cleaner and I get a tight, compressed and heavily distorted sound which I found more usable than all the ampsim plugs I tried while recording (although I'm going to re-amp all the gtr tracks :-D).
The Bass V-Amp Pro was used on 2 albums and worked fine so far.

I also own a pair of Truth B2030A as a second monitor, not that good, but they're still usable for a mix once you got used to them...
Old 21st March 2010
Lives for gear

I think if you really need cheap converters the ADA8000 isn't horrible. Preamp wise, no thanks...but having an ugly piece of behringer gear is not what i want to stick in a rack, considering i already have the v-verb in there :D
Old 21st March 2010
Gear Addict

^ I agree with James. Behringer is on my do-not-buy list. Life is short, detours take time and my music deserves the best I can do for it.
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

I bought a B-1 today. I used one a few years ago in a live performance setting and it was pretty nice sounding. So I got one for my home studio. It's not my U-67 but its not rendered useless by the 67's sound either. IMO unbeatable for the $$$ and better than my Rode NT1A.
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

Everything I've used that was Behringer branded had some sort of issue.

I even had a Behringer pen given to me by a rep.
It bled in my pocket.
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

I once tried out a Virtualizer PRO 2000, around 2004, and I remember being quite impressed by alot of the effects in there. I ended up buying a Yamaha FX-500. I love the Yamaha but I really could make space for the virtualizer. It had some really weird, Police-style patches in there.
Old 28th March 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
I even had a Behringer pen given to me by a rep.
It bled in my pocket.
Thats classic!

Let me guess, was it called the 'Behro' Tube Ultrawrite 88000

Joking aside, I have some behringer stuff and none of it has let me down. None of it is very exciting to use, but its cheap and better than nothing at all. Not sure I would fork out a lot of money for anything with a Behringer badge on it.
Old 28th March 2010
Behringer Ultrapatch Pro PX3000....great patchbay for low, low money.
Old 28th March 2010
Lives for gear

I'm willing to bet that the new Bugera DC-30 clone doesn't suck. I would bet alot actually. Matchless for $600
Old 10th April 2010
Lives for gear

ecm

ECM 800 Omi mic.

Its a great mesurement mic and I was on a shootout where the was mesuring fequency response and s/n ratio of 3 diffrent mesurment mics.

The differences ware so small you can really ignore them, and there ware some mics that are like 10 times the price.

It was not a behringer test, we just happened to have one on place and every one was quite stunned.
Old 10th April 2010
Gear Maniac

I'm now guilty too... I picked up a used VD-1 (their clone of the Big Muff) and it really sounds great. For 20 Euros it can't be beat.
Old 10th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marogru View Post
ECM 800 Omi mic.

Its a great mesurement mic and I was on a shootout where the was mesuring fequency response and s/n ratio of 3 diffrent mesurment mics.

The differences ware so small you can really ignore them, and there ware some mics that are like 10 times the price.

It was not a behringer test, we just happened to have one on place and every one was quite stunned.
I have one of those Mic's and there's nothing wrong with them at all.

I also have a DEQ2496 and 2x REV2496 which are superb. I bought a pair of the latest Behringer monitors for my niece and they're great as well. They sounded almost as good as Adam A7's and for about 1/3 the price. They weren't quite as warm in the midrange but perfectly acceptable. Hell, they sound way better than my Mackie HR824's.
Old 10th April 2010
Lives for gear

I bought my first piece of Behringer gear ever yesterday, a Bugrea V22 and the amp just kicks ass.
Old 10th April 2010
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dman View Post
I bought my first piece of Behringer gear ever yesterday, a Bugrea V22 and the amp just kicks ass.
I've been very curious about that one... How are the sounds on it (clean/grit/wailing)? Must say, I'm tempted...
Old 10th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoc View Post
I've been very curious about that one... How are the sounds on it (clean/grit/wailing)? Must say, I'm tempted...
The clean is awesome nice and sparkly and loud if you want it. As far as the OD channel I loved the edgy tones on it and as far as the wailing I've only had a couple hours on it but I still have to work with it some more because this amp is very dynamic depending on your guitar and amp settings.

Bugera V-22 review - The Gear Page

Bugera V-22 Thread Part II - The Gear Page
Old 26th April 2010
Here for the gear

yup... I had an old model behringer vampire modeller which was cheap and loud and with lots of features, there are a few presets that are useable after some tweaking.... but the knobs break too easily... which is typical of behringer stuff:

-they suck you in with their amount of "features"
-but those features are average at best
-they don't break (if you don't touch them)

its like toilet paper, go for behringer if that's the only thing you can afford, just remember its your own ass that hurts after using it

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search