The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Maniac

None of it sucks...it all blows!
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

Poor Behringer. Kicked around like a red-headed step child.

Sure, it all blows. But its decent till it breaks, lol. No, youre right for sure, most all Behringer stuff is Fail-tastic. But I wouldnt walk away from a concert If I saw some d00d was rockin' a few Behringer peices of gear is all im sayin'.
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

If you can't get a Behringer EQ to work look in the mirror. You are the piece of the equation that sucks/blows.

I have been running sound in live venues since the early 90s and I have used Behringer gear many times over the years. The biggest problems I have seen are durability issues. Does it compare to high-end stuff? No--but it isn't trying to. Compare Behringer to other low-end gear and it compares quite favorably. Behringer is a company based on hitting a price point--not setting new standards for audio performance. You get what you pay for.

If there is a problem with feedback onstage and you can't figure out how to make it go away don't blame the gear. If the unit is powered on and not bypassed there shouldn't be any problem pulling down the offending frequency. If you've got it cut all the way and it still squeals check to see if you are in the +/-6dB range or the +/-12dB range. If you have something cut by 12dB and it still feeds back the problem is not your EQ.

For some idiot to say that he would leave a show without hearing the results merely by looking at what gear is in the PA system is ********. I have attended many a show that featured excellent equipment that still sounded like crap. Conversely I have heard great sound at shows that had less than ideal gear in the system.

There are a lot of reasons to bag on Behringer, but don't blame Uli for your lack of skill.
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

ADA8000
BCF2000
BCR2000

The UB Mixers make good "playstation" headphone mix mixers as the line inputs are balanced.

I think that's all folks.
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ears2thesky View Post
For some idiot to say that he would leave a show without hearing the results merely by looking at what gear is in the PA system is ********.

It's no different than if I were to walk in to the kitchen of an exclusive / fancy restaurant and found boxes of Minute Rice and empty cans of Chef Boyardee littered about.

Crap in = Crap out, and no amount of skill can hide this.

If a venue wants to charge me $20+ for a ticket and $5+ for crappy beer ... yet somehow can't spend more than $2 / hour on a decent sound guy with decent equipment ... then they don't deserve my patronage.
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_unit View Post
It's no different than if I were to walk in to the kitchen of an exclusive / fancy restaurant and found boxes of Minute Rice and empty cans of Chef Boyardee littered about.

If a venue wants to charge me $20+ for a ticket and $5+ for crappy beer ... yet somehow can't spend more than $2 / hour on a decent sound guy with decent equipment ... then they don't deserve my patronage.
Wow, you certainly don't suffer from a lack of ego. I sure am glad that GS deserves you.
If you think that good sound is not attainable with a couple of Behringer EQs in the rack you are not only pompous but really clueless about what it takes to achieve a decent result.
I don't know of any venue that pays $2/hour for sound.
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Your metaphor is flawed.

Chef = Engineer
Ingrediants = musicians
Knifes etc... = Show gear.
Meal = show (a combination of the three above)..

The proof is always in the pudding... And generally I don't care what the chef has used to chop the onion as long as its tasty.

G
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Maniac

I've always advised noobies to never switch Beringher gear off....

...because it only works once!!

hehhehheh
Old 11th December 2009
Gear Maniac

My experience with Truth 2031 monitors

I've had a pair of Behringer Truth 2031 (the bigger ones) monitors for about 4 years.

From technical perspective, never had a problem (they didn't break).

My studio is in the basement (concrete walls, under the ground level) therefore they don't pick up any radio interference. (although when I temporarily had them in my room upstairs, they always buzzed)

The room has been build and treated to specifications of an experienced acoustician.

I personally don't really use them for mixing, mostly for editing type of work. I had however two different professional mixers come over and working on them. The first one is a guy in his late 20's who now works at one of top Nasville studios. He said: they're not perfect but he said they're pretty good for a $1000 pair of monitors. When I said they're more like $400 - he said considering the price, they're excellent.

The other guy has over 20 years of mixing experience and was "highly reccomended" to me. (he mixes all sorts of projects including 50 musicians live - he's supposedly very good). His comment about the monitors was very short: "Save your money. Do NOT buy any monitors in the $1000 - $2000 range because the imporovement that you'll see over what you have in your room here will be minimal. The only reasonable step would be more expensive options." He did add though that probably the room is so well build and treated that any piece of gear will work at it's optimum capacity.

just my 2 cents.
Old 12th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by valthesoundman View Post
I've always advised noobies to never switch Beringher gear off....

...because it only works once!!

hehhehheh
That's funny :D

I always cringe a bit when switching on a piece of behringer gear, 99% of the time it's actually fine :P
Old 12th December 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark007 View Post
I've had a pair of Behringer Truth 2031 (the bigger ones) monitors for about 4 years.

From technical perspective, never had a problem (they didn't break).

My studio is in the basement (concrete walls, under the ground level) therefore they don't pick up any radio interference. (although when I temporarily had them in my room upstairs, they always buzzed)

The room has been build and treated to specifications of an experienced acoustician.

I personally don't really use them for mixing, mostly for editing type of work. I had however two different professional mixers come over and working on them. The first one is a guy in his late 20's who now works at one of top Nasville studios. He said: they're not perfect but he said they're pretty good for a $1000 pair of monitors. When I said they're more like $400 - he said considering the price, they're excellent.

The other guy has over 20 years of mixing experience and was "highly reccomended" to me. (he mixes all sorts of projects including 50 musicians live - he's supposedly very good). His comment about the monitors was very short: "Save your money. Do NOT buy any monitors in the $1000 - $2000 range because the imporovement that you'll see over what you have in your room here will be minimal. The only reasonable step would be more expensive options." He did add though that probably the room is so well build and treated that any piece of gear will work at it's optimum capacity.

just my 2 cents.
I've had my behringer truth monitors for almost ten years strong, and they work and sound great. They compared favorably to the mackie hr824 and event 20/20bas when I auditioned them.
Old 12th December 2009
Lives for gear

POWER SUPPLY PSU-SB probably. Not sure though.
Old 12th December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakespeare65 View Post
surprisingly?

the vacuum cleaner...
so i've counted three vacuum cleaner jokes so far, anyone else ???
Old 12th December 2009
any links to the ad 8000 pre bypass mod ?
Old 12th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
As someone who likes to go see bands play live ...

When I walk in to the venue, the first thing I'll usually do is wander over by the sound guy and peak over at what kind of gear he's working with.

If I see too much Behringer, then I'll just turn right around, demand my money back and find something else to do for that evening. Life is just too short to subject one's self to bad live sound.

You probably don't own any albums that were made on bad gear either. It's because you know, you are the man with the golden ears, no music made on cheap gear will hit these ears--no way, not once not ever!

congratulations you are a douch_.
Old 12th December 2009
Gear Addict

I used a pair of original Behringer Truth 2031A's for nearly 8 years with no problems whatsoever. Now that I have Dyn's and Adams I see how much they sucked in sound, and always had a hard time getting a good mix on them. I've heard the later 2031A revision was much better in sound but had the radio interference thing. Anyhow, they lasted very well but I'm glad to not be using them anymore.

Another piece of Behringer gear that worked excellently for us was the Behringer Feedback elminator. Worked wonders live! Totally did it's job, and was dirt cheap too.

Rev.
Old 13th December 2009
Lives for gear

I use their 48 point patchbay...you cant fcuk up a patchbay....can you?
Old 13th December 2009
Here for the gear

The 4 Channel mini amp is no bad. for £30 you cant complain

lasted over a year so far.

but yeah a lot of their gear is mince.

Cheers

Ross
Old 13th December 2009
Lives for gear

Inteligate still working fine.

DI is fine for live use.

The headphone amps (rack ones) seem to out last the Samson ones.

The Truths I didn't personally like as I found issues on a EDM song that I was working with round a friends. Got the song home and things were suddenly there that weren't meant to. Also they pick up interference from taxi radio. Had an Allen and Heath mixer that did that as well. However I know a few people that get good results with them. So I have learned that its more about the user than the equipment.

Will get the cable tester now.

Have the measuring mic. Might now try it on various sources for some laughs.

Wish that proverb was still available. My MPX 500 and 550 have both failed me.
Old 13th December 2009
Lives for gear

I like the MIC100 tube preamp. Use it for the distorted voice effect quite often. Cheap tube saturation plugin....

Cheers!
Old 13th December 2009
Lives for gear

BEHRINGER: HA4700 4-Channel Headphone Amplifier.

It´s not bad. Great in fact.
Old 13th December 2009
Here for the gear

Their sound equipment sounds pretty ordinary to me, but I do like my PB600 powered effect pedal case, and compared to similar items, it was very well priced and came with everything you need -- more than adequate power supply, patch cables etc., and it has dual outputs for stereo pedals.* I even run my wah-wah pedal off the power supply in addition to the other six pedals I use.

A really well thought out bit of kit for mine.

BEHRINGER: PB600
Old 13th December 2009
Lives for gear

Other than issues with one of my V-verbs, which was a faulty ribbon cable and easy to fix. I've never had any Behringer gear fail on me. I don't own much, but have used a ton, and it always works fine. Can't say the same for several higher end pieces that have dramatically failed, usually at very bad times. Face it, all gear fails eventually.
Old 13th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
As someone who likes to go see bands play live ...

When I walk in to the venue, the first thing I'll usually do is wander over by the sound guy and peak over at what kind of gear he's working with.

If I see too much Behringer, then I'll just turn right around, demand my money back and find something else to do for that evening. Life is just too short to subject one's self to bad live sound.
That might be the lamest thing I've ever heard.
Old 13th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by saovi View Post
ADA8000 is okay if you only use it as an 8-channel digital to analog converter to send to a summing mixer. However, don't even consider using the mic preamplifiers - omg do those suck big time.
How can they suck? They are invisible.
Old 13th December 2009
Here for the gear

A few people here have mentioned the headphone amps. I have one, and thought it was fine until I noticed a low frequency hum that never goes away (regardless of whether anything's going into the input). I use it still for tracking but nothing else, in all other situations I plug headphones straight into the interface.
Old 18th December 2009
Gear Addict

I bought the UMX61 Midi controller 1 year ago, and it never failed me. not Bad for the price at all. i just wish it had more knobs on it. it just has 8 assignable knobs. but it's Ok. I still use it.
Old 18th December 2009
Here for the gear

Behr Likeys

Well,Behringer gear is not all bad.Considering their pricetags,the b2-pro's do their job.To be honest,the differences between 150-dollar-condensers are almost non-existing.I've borrowed one once when i had to track two vocalists at the same time and ran it side-to-side with my NT1-a (love that cheapie) and had my 2 NT5's taken by Overhead channels.The tracks came in a bit bright,but some EQing in the upper frequencies took care of that pretty well.

I also use their UB1204 mixer as a monitor mixer.Pretty good for the money!Even it's pre's aren't too bad.
Old 18th December 2009
RTR
Lives for gear

I have to say that their Bugera Amps sound very good!!
Old 19th December 2009
Gear Head

what don't suck
ADA 8000
BCF 2000
PX3000
ultragraphs

and the mini series is ok for the money.

dfegadmixers
dfegadpedals
dfegadinstrument amps

but just my opinion

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search