The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What Behringer gear does not suck ?!
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

The reverb unit and the Headphone amap are really good, actually.
Old 9th December 2009
Here for the gear

Behringer Buys Midas

FOH online

For now it I'd say it's Midas...have to wait and see how bad they can screw that up
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

im gunna not read the rest of this and go with a big ol +1 for the bcf2000
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simman View Post
Behringer Buys Midas

FOH online

For now it I'd say it's Midas...have to wait and see how bad they can screw that up

just came in to post my fav behringer gear but you beat me to it....
so i'll add my fav

midas XL4 and heritage 3000, and the dn360 - soon to be the XL4 and heritage pro and the ultra dn360
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Behringer Buys Midas

FOH online

look out, behringer might actually learn something from midas.

Quote:
Uli Behringer, chairman of the Music Group, said: “I am thrilled and honored to join with John Oakley and his team in taking these legendary brands forward. I have immense respect for the dedication to quality, performance and customer service that this team has shown consistently over the years. While we plan to invest considerable resources and support in these brands, we also look forward to learning from the achievements of their engineers and working with them to take Behringer and all of the Music Group brands to a new level.”
Old 9th December 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisinhell View Post
look out, behringer might actually learn something from midas.

Yeah, I think this might do more for the Behringer products then it will for Midas. Given these two lines are on opposite ends of the spectrum with regard to cost, reliability, & quality it will be interesting to see who's philosophy will drive the future of the combined entity. Hopefully Midas will not falter and Behringer products gain the added boost in respectability since they do fill a significant role in the low-end market space.
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post
just came in to post my fav behringer gear but you beat me to it....
so i'll add my fav

midas XL4 and heritage 3000, and the dn360 - soon to be the XL4 and heritage pro and the ultra dn360
Old 9th December 2009
Here for the gear

I sadly have a few too many pieces of Behringer gear. I tried out the Virtualizer, hands down the biggest piece of **** i've ever used. I wish I would have spent that $80 on an ART tube pre or something of actual use. On the other hand I do use the behringer headphone amp and the Composer T1952 and am quite pleased with them. Behringer is like a fat chick. you dont really want it unless the particular "piece" you are "using" "sounds" good.

Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

Just bought a v-verb
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Head

HD400 hum destroyers

only piece of behringer kit i have in my set up. every other behringer product i've come across is just as good as the price suggests... that being not very good.
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

I would like to find a v-verb, but they are not that easy to come by these days.
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Nut

The Midas that you know and love will be unrecognizable in two years. Things will go the way of Crest when Peavey bought them. Initial promises that "nothing will change", then one by one the people that made Midas what it was will drift away. Then everything will change.
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear

ADA8000 is okay if you only use it as an 8-channel digital to analog converter to send to a summing mixer. However, don't even consider using the mic preamplifiers - omg do those suck big time.
Old 9th December 2009
Here for the gear

i like my BCF and BCR, faders are a bit noisy and jerky but it does the job. The build quality is crap .... the knobs dont feel sturdy (infact one of the rotary encoders on the bcr went inside the case a bit when i pushed it, but i pulled it out and works fine now lol), how long will they last? only time will tell.....but you pay for what you get... and they are alot cheaper than other motorised faders on the market heh
Old 9th December 2009
Lives for gear
I have to add my new-to-me bass v-amp pro to the list.

It emulates the 2 ampeg setups and the swr setup(s) PERFECTLY. and it really does get a good trace elliot sound as well.

and it's got zero noise. anyone who says otherwise doesn't have any experience with recording bass amps or keeping bass guitars quiet. I get the same amount of trouble aiming my bass and keeping my fingers on the strings at all times when recording through the v-amp as I do playing through any of the best bass amps I've used. no trouble at all if you know what you're doing, in other words.
Old 9th December 2009
Gear Maniac

Cool

I for one have had pleasant results using Behringer C-4 SDCs. Put those up on the included stereo bar in ORTF/X-Y postion, add a kick mic & maybe a snare mic...Bam! I've got my drum sound.

For my tastes, I prefer them to those overpriced Rode mics.

I also use the HPS3000 headphones for tracking. $20 headphones that are pretty clear and comfortable. And if someone I'm recording breaks one, I'm not bent out of shape like I would be with my Sonys. FYI: I find them to be more comfortable than the Sonys.

Old 10th December 2009
Gear Addict

Midas XL8.

Ha!
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

ADA8000-I use it for headphone mixes, alt sends for efx, and extra inputs. Always works and sounds pretty good.

ECM8000-Even with Earthworks in my mic locker, these get used often.

V-Verb-Got 3 of them, they are awsome!
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger59 View Post
The Midas that you know and love will be unrecognizable in two years. Things will go the way of Crest when Peavey bought them. Initial promises that "nothing will change", then one by one the people that made Midas what it was will drift away. Then everything will change.
Funny you mention crest. I'm glad we own our crest CPM32 before peavey bought them and made the same board. Dont know how good the RQ 4300 series is haven;t used one but the CPM kills it.
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrat View Post
Just returned from six weeks in the U.S. running sound for a mid-level band. Alot of clubs are buying Behringer gates, compressors, eq's, and d.i.'s, and I'll tell ya', there's nothing more depressing than walking into one of these places, knowing that my job is to make the band sound good. The worst thing is the eq's. Ever tried to get a cheap Yamaha monitor loud using a Behringer eq? Believe me, it sucks when all eyes are on you and the squeal just won't come out. So you lower the volume, then the singer gives you dirty looks and says through the p.a., "I need some more vocal up here!" Sometimes Behringer makes me want to get out of the business of live sound altogether. Luckily, we're doing mostly nicer venues at this point. It makes me smile when I walk into a place and see a rack full of real pro gear!
So true. They're EQ's suck. I hate to say we use one in our practice rig (was bought before i came around and started upgrading gear) And i tell you exactly as you described is what happens when trying to get any volume in a mix using those things. Luckily we only have 1 of them and its about to be de-commissioned
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Head

So what now they are going to install car brakes and mufflers too???

Quote:
Behringer Buys Midas

FOH online

So now what ? They are going to install car brakes and mufflers and sell you music gear too??? What the hey, Midas Company???

I think I got ripped off one time from a lousy truck brake job they did and I never went back since. Midas, what a joke............

Who knows, now they can do your brakes and DJ mix a new song for you while you wait for your Midas oil change Job too. And just think you can buy a muffler and a mixer at the same time now, WOW ' !! I can hardly wait for that Store...........
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Head

I'm very happy with my B1...had it for years, still sounds crisp as
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear
I have one of those old MX8000 mackie rippoffs in the tracking room for rehearsal, which works brilliantly. BCF2000 was a totally ridiculous price. and also use the headphone amp. Owned a couple of other things that broke, but it seems with Berry that if you get a "good one" it lasts pretty well.....
Old 10th December 2009
I have used one of their DI20 units for four years now; it's bulletproof.
Old 10th December 2009
Gear Nut

I've used a Eurodesk 2442 mixer for the last 8 years. It's rock solid, no noise and sounds pretty dang good.
Old 10th December 2009
Here for the gear

I have way too much Behringer gear. Steady replacing all of it. Yea, most Behringer gear is junk.

The headphone amp is pretty good for the money. I have 4 Behringer EP2500 power amps, not bad for the money. One by one I'm replacing them with Crown XTi amps.

Our band owns a 32 channel mixer (Eurodesk 3224FX if I'm not mistaken) that we've been using for several years. Just replaced it with a Allen & Heath Mixwizard 3 16:2 DX. Sounds so much better. Still haul the Behringer around for a spare.

We had a Mackie mixer before we got the Behringer. After about 6 months it started loosing channels. Got to where we didn't have room to plug everything in. I don't buy Mackie gear anymore.

The Behringer crossover is junk, so are the EQ's. I have a Behringer rack mounted tuner in my bass rig. Sometimes it won't tune my low E string.

But, with that said, I have to admit we have never had a piece of Behringer gear fail, Ever! Maybe it's luck, maybe it's the fact that we're very careful with our stuff, or maybe both. I don't know.

Let's face it. The only reason we buy Behringer is that it's cheap! If we can afford better stuff, we buy better stuff. When our band started out we could not afford high dollar gear. Now we play regular and have a good reputation and are replacing Behringer with better gear. We're not all born with money in the bank.

I would rather see musicians play using cheap gear, than not play at all.
Wouldn't you?
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharper23 View Post
I would like to find a v-verb, but they are not that easy to come by these days.
I just bought one.

Only reason I got it was because it was the only on ebay at the time.
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

The SNR 2000 Denoiser is a really effective unit (and of course they don't make it anymore).
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

As someone who likes to go see bands play live ...

When I walk in to the venue, the first thing I'll usually do is wander over by the sound guy and peak over at what kind of gear he's working with.

If I see too much Behringer, then I'll just turn right around, demand my money back and find something else to do for that evening. Life is just too short to subject one's self to bad live sound.
Old 10th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_unit View Post
As someone who likes to go see bands play live ...

When I walk in to the venue, the first thing I'll usually do is wander over by the sound guy and peak over at what kind of gear he's working with.

If I see too much Behringer, then I'll just turn right around, demand my money back and find something else to do for that evening. Life is just too short to subject one's self to bad live sound.
Talent > Behringer gear

Youre probably missing out on some good music, champ.fuuck

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search