The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tascam DM-3200 users, any opinions?
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

Tascam DM-3200 users, any opinions?

I'm considering a complete overhaul of my home studio and would like some thoughts on the DM-3200. The setup I'm considering is dm-3200 w/ firewire option-Mac-Logic 7. The idea here being to minimize outboard gear. I'll probably sum ITB, so the DM3200 will serve as front-end, converter & monitor mixer when tracking.

I was not impressed at all with the DM-24, so is the DM-3200 more of the same, or something different and improved.
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

Opinions? I don't think there are any users yet; DM-3200 still hasn't shipped.
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross
Opinions? I don't think there are any users yet; DM-3200 still hasn't shipped.
Correct...

I am a Tascam SX1 user myself... smokin digital board...The DM32000 looks really nice but I wouldn't be the first in line for bug / beta testing. Give the board a year AFTER it ships.

P&B,
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

Sorry, didn't realize it's not shipping yet.

How do you like the menu navigation on the sx-1? One of the things I disliked about the dm-24 is that it seems to have pages within pages, making it difficult to adjust parameters in a pinch.
Old 19th July 2005
Lives for gear

if it hasn't shipped, how is it i have one in a studio right now, delivered last week?

thumbsup

Seems an ok board, I planed to have it hooked up exactly the way you desctibed, with firewire (no soundcard, woohoo), but the damn firewire card got fried when i tried to upgrade the firmware :-( so I am using it with the 8 ADAT's into some temporary card at the moment. Desk needs a firmware update anyway to use the firewire card (coming next week apparently).

Routing seems flexable, havent even touched the EQ or dynamics OR effects yet, no time as it was straight into full on fast-as-you-can sessions, so I stuck with the Logic ITB ****.
Old 10th August 2005
Any news concerning the firewire card ? is it ok now ?
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

no replacement yet, and no firmware update either it would seem http://www.tascam.de/en/dl.php?prod=DM-3200

Running it with an ADAT 8 in 8 out soundcard ATM.
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Hz
if it hasn't shipped, how is it i have one in a studio right now, delivered last week?

Glad someone's got theirs. One of the studios where I work has had a DM-3200 on order from Slutwater for 3 months now, & as of last week (8/1/05) they were *still* being told "not shipping yet" !
Old 1st September 2005
Gear Addict

They're shipping this week in the USA. FireWire is not supported in the first software version, check the note on the Tascam site.
Old 26th September 2012
Here for the gear

Is there anyway that i can get the direct outs from DM3200 for Analog summing. Any advice is apreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search