The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone using the Spirit M series?
Old 8th July 2005
Gear Nut

Exclamation Anyone using the Spirit M series?

I've gone threw the manuals and I can't seem to find how to get playback from my pc...What type of cables do I need and which in and outs do they go to and from?I will be connecting it to a RME Multiface.

I was under the impression that It came with spdif in AND out unfortunately it only has an out.
Old 9th July 2005
Lives for gear

1/4" TRS all around...RME Outputs to M Series Line/Instrument Inputs, M Series Direct Out/Aux/Mix Outs to RME Line Inputs. Is that what you were looking for? I do believe that the M Series is unbalanced on the outs, but Id go TRS anyways

If I were you - Id have Redco or Hotwired make you a snake. I would not go with Hosa unless you want a squick topgap measure for a couple months. Or you can make your own if you are handy with soldering.
Old 9th July 2005
Gear Nut

"RME Outputs to M Series Line/Instrument Inputs"

mmm kay the Multiface has eight outs I assume there mono...Is it possible to "group" two of them together making a stereo output?And is this configurable in the included RME software?

What im trying to do is hear what my pc is playing threw my monitors which are connected to my mixer.
Old 9th July 2005
Gear Nut

There are "playback" inputs but they are RCA unbalanced will this create a problem?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search