The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
best budget digital mixer?
Old 8th July 2005
Lives for gear

best budget digital mixer?

i'm looking at buying a digital mixer in the near future and am looking for any recomendations/suggestions. i'm looking for something in the vein of 32 tracks control via motorized fades(prob 16) and atlest 8 xlrs at once. between yamaha, tascam, digi-design i really don't know where to focus... behringer just dropped their 32 track to $650 but i wouldn't use that to mix children's programming... i'm looking at spending up to $3k tops, though >$2 would be nicer... any suggestions....?
Old 8th July 2005
Lives for gear

spaztic....
i'm not sure your going to like what i have to say about digital mixers.
but i have a "thing" about them.
heres my position. the problem with them is they are all smt technology....so its not like the old days when one could fix a console in house. if you get a problem it has to be sent out for repair. my concern i think is valid also when you factor in rate of turnover of digital technology. so the question in my mind is can one get parts in the future ? - say - 3 years down the line ? when your doing a critical session ?
really - i'm not trying to be a fruitcake. i was just burnt once myself with a digital unit that i couldnt get parts for 4 years after buying.
all i'm suggesting is a degree of caution. and maybe checking with the manufacturer on future issues like service and parts availability so you dont get caught at some future point. motorised faders CAN go wrong.
just my 2 cents.
Old 8th July 2005
Lives for gear

buy a used da7 if you work at 44.1 or 48khz.

www.da7.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search