The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Oktava Mod MXL V67g Condenser Microphones
Old 25th February 2009
Gear Head

Oktava Mod MXL V67g

Well I just want to say I had my MXL V67g modified from Michael at Oktava Mod .
I sent it up with my Oktava MK - 012's .
There has been plenty written about the Oktava so I wanted to let you guys know how much better the MXL is after getting it back .
The Mic sounds awesome !
Its way smoother in the top end with out the harshness it had before.
The low end is tighter as well. It is also not as noisy as it used to be . It seemed to have a slight hiss that drove me crazy .
I used it on a few things last week and was extremely happy with the results.
It turned a mic that I only used as a mono room mic into a mic that is way more useful .
It sounds great for acoustic guitar !! In the past I always wanted to like it for acoustic but ended up with another mic every time .
I cant wait to use it for vocals later this week !
Thanks Mike !!!!
thumbsup
Old 25th February 2009
Gear Maniac

That's really cool. I'm gonna send him mine once I get it back from the person it's on loan to.
Old 25th February 2009
Lives for gear

i have a v67g from michael, too.
i cant say anything about the changes, because i bought it already modded from him.

i very much prefer it over my hollow high end hyped studio projects c1.

much deeper low end, less high end hype and more beafy mids. tried it with spken word, clarinet and saxophone...
Old 25th February 2009
Gear Maniac

I keep putting off sending mine. I bought a Joly-modded Oktava MK012 here and would like to get my V67G modded so I can try both on acoustic guitar. I'm 90% mono when recording acoustic guitar but would love to try those two in stereo or at least one per mono track to see how they sound together.
Old 16th June 2009
Gear Head

You guys still liking the mic? Anyone else have this mod done? Thinking about having mine done
Old 16th June 2009
Lives for gear

just picked up a v67i pretty cheap. want to see how it compares to the regular v67. i really want to send michael my mk319 and my v67, but being financially strapped at the moment, electricity is just a hair more important...

rich
Old 16th June 2009
I want to hear a vocal sample! I will be sending my V69me possibly soon.
Old 16th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rty5150 View Post
just picked up a v67i pretty cheap. want to see how it compares to the regular v67. i really want to send michael my mk319 and my v67, but being financially strapped at the moment, electricity is just a hair more important...

rich
Yeah. You wouldn't have any phantom power!heh

But seriously, Michael does great work.
Old 16th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by omtayslick View Post
Yeah. You wouldn't have any phantom power!heh

But seriously, Michael does great work.

wouldn't have any power. it would be the real phantom power. the "used to be here" power.

rich
Old 16th June 2009
Quote:
wouldn't have any power. it would be the real phantom power. the "used to be here" power.

rich
LOL, that was the best reply I've heard on GS.
Old 17th June 2009
Gear Head

hoping we can get back to mic in question...

Anyone else actually have the mic ?
Thanks!
Old 17th June 2009
I want to hear a vocal sample, anyone?
Old 19th June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

rich
Good one!!!!!!!heh
Old 19th June 2009
Gear Maniac

I was just reading about the capsule also. It is one thing I will keep my eye out for and when the time strikes, bam! I'm getting it quicker than a rabbit chasing after rabbit ass. Michael does great work, I trust his ears.
Old 16th March 2013
Gear Nut

I'm going to revive this thread as I just don't want to add another Joly modded v67 thread.

So I've spent the better part of a day researching the best mod for my v67. I've read on the Michael's website for the "MXL V67 Premium Electronics & Acoustics Mod" (Award-winning microphone engineering from Michael Joly) that once the mod is complete, the mic will have a neumanesque u67 sound, however, the mod includes the K47 (MJE-K47) capsule. So my question is basically, which mic does the modded v67 sound like more, the u67 or the K47? I know that this is not a clone mic, but I'm just looking for some answers before I buy.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search